Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭Brucie Bonus

Ah, love it. This is the heart of it now. Accuse people of being in paddy's camp so you can chortle through your sleeve. Its a very hollow victory when you make it up.

Imagine how embarrassing it must be for people constantly spinning for a crony liar who leaked a confidential government document to his friend and is under criminal investigation for doing so.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,062 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

No, they're *inside* the Courts, reading the publicly available documents that are published by the Courts themselves, whenever legal actions are lodged. Its kinda how these things work.

Do keep up.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Lots of them doubling-down going by Twitter. It's all a hatchet job in defence of Leo by the "MSM".

Gas stuff. Cosgrave is a petty narcissist and his shittiness well documented since before he tried to blackmail Enda Kenny into doing him favours.

Everything he does is for personal revenge. He hates FG because they refused to kiss his ring.

And a load Shinners don't realise that, thinking they've got some crusader for honesty on their side.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Paddy can be exposed as robbing sweets from little blind kids with no ears for all I care about him.

He's not putting himself up for election as far as I'm aware, nor is he currently the subject of a criminal investigation because of passing confidential information to his friend while holding the highest political office in the land.

Paddy's not the story here. Paddy is a private citizen and I couldn't give two shiny shîtes what he gets up to in his day to day business affairs.

I'm surprised you keep mistakenly think this is somehow relevant to Varadkars investigation? Do you think if the papers keep printing "Paddy's shenanigans", that the NBCI might stop their investigation, or people might start forgetting Leo Varadkar admitted it and apologised for it? 😂

So they publish stories about work place harassment and the like? They are out to get cosgrave. All the general public know about him, if anything, is his web seminar yolk from a few years ago getting knocked on the head.

Why no paddy thread? Because he's only of interest to deflect from Varadkar.

• Advertisement

100% correct. He only shills for SF cos they aren't FG, who once insulted him. He'd turn on SF too in a heartbeat if he perceived that they crossed him.

His mental state is actually no different from Donald Trump. A sad, paranoid narcissist with a clinically overrated sense of his own importance and power.

The only difference between them is, Trump found people to surround himself with for decades, who would indulge that notion and truly did create a monster. Cosgrave will find Ireland a much colder place towards displays of such behaviour. I daresay he's finding it quite chilly already, following the progress of events in recent weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,888 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

This has been explained to you many many times already that I am stunned you haven't got it. These are no longer Paddy's private affairs when they go before the courts.

That was your answer to an argument I never made. He's a private citizen. He has lots of material in the public domain. We all do. Also you spoke on him much more broadly than any court documents.

You're the one complained about respecting the privacy of private citizens, even Varadkar ffs.

Paddy living in heads and under beds. I'd say he's only delighted.

The arguments in your posts to defend Paddy's privacy got kicked out of the stadium, and you still keep going. I am in awe of your perseverance.

As I said previously, Varadkar's private affairs (e.g. his partner, his concert-going, his walking in the park) are not before the courts. Don't you agree that anyone drawing attention to them is outside the pale?

I have no doubt you're right and that he's absolutely gleeful, that's the sort of header he is.

And, no doubt, when his own issues come up before the Courts, you'll find those are somebody else's fault too, anybody else's, except his own.

Thats planet Paddy.

• Advertisement

I've no interest is supporting paddy's privacy. I'm pointing out your contradictory arguments. You are desperate to create Team Paddy.

I think Varadkar going to a music festival in the UK is in the public interest after he was critical of the lack of UK restrictions regarding festivals. What some IT web lad does does not interest me but I know you and others are merely using Cosgrave to try deflect for Varadkar. Its quite clear. Why no paddy thread? Because it would be an echo chamber not long dying on its arse.

No point in starting a third to die so. Also these are pre court case and personal so a no go.....right?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,547 ✭✭✭political analyst

Not to do directly with the Village Magazine story but - why is the current Tánaiste referred to as 'Mr Varadkar' instead of 'Dr Varadkar'? Isn't he still on the Medical Council's register? I'm aware that James Reilly wasn't practicing as a physician when he was health minister but he was still referred to as 'Dr Reilly'.

Probably a personal preference.

Its fair to say Reilly was an active GP when he went for election, for far longer than Varadkar ever has been a medical professional. Not to take away from his achievement of qualifying in the first place, but Mr Varadkar is likely more accurate than Dr Varadkar.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,545 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Yes, I am sure Paddy is deeeelighted that his bullying antics and harassment of staff including females are being aired in public.

A lot of posters spent a lot of capital backing him and proclaiming him to be a great ol sod...... they are looking more foolish by the day..

It's all a hatchet job in defence of Leo by the "MSM".

You get the same type of posts here as well.

"It's all the fault of the Indo or something....."

The man is a parody of Trump and the anti-establishment online mob are being led up a hill on this one, but they are too naive and dumb to realise it.

Is this a u-turn, as I remember before you fondly repost many of his tweets here.....

I link to numerous tweets pumped out by Varadkar too, what exactly is that supposed to prove 😂?

But while we are discussing it, were the tweets I was posting to, relevant to the title of the thread? IE - Varadkar being the subject of a criminal investigation by the NBCI?

If so, I'm not sure what kind of a "U-turn" you consider that to be marko, lord knows I've stated enough times on the thread that I'm indifferent to the fella, as I've explained in the post of mine you just quoted - his private business affairs have zero interest to me, and are negligible to this thread which is about Varadkars predicament.

That being said, I would imagine all the posts in this thread discussing his current* civil case and his business affairs, will possibly not be allowed to be discussed in here going forward, as a thread about Cosgrave was just locked.

*for that specific reason .

Post edited by McMurphy on

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭72sheep

Beasty shut down on a paddy-cosgrave-why-all-the-hate thread just a few hours ago.

The aggression towards Paddy is confounding. Unless the other posters here are cash-millionaires masquerading as plebs in an online forum then this is surely a mystery for our times. As I said previously on another thread, "thick".

• Advertisement

If you really are confounded by it, then you haven't been paying attention to current affairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,161 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

Not sure why you are replying to me to be honest, Poster Brucie said:

Why no paddy thread? Because he's only of interest to deflect from Varadkar.

All I did was show this is a lie and there are threads going back to 2018 on him here which made his post null and void.

Some posters are reversing quicker than Homer Simpson on this.

Paddy was the story when his tweets were hurting Leo, but they disown him twice as fast when he is exposed as a bully.

The tweets and gifs playbook approach will have taken a hammering as the Paddy-related ones will have been deleted.

Paddy's not the story here blanch, threads about Leo Varadkars run in with the law.

The look over there >>>>> at Paddy Cosgrave schtick ain't gonna work.

No sir.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭CarProblem

I don't like Varadkar or Cosgrave, both are egotistical buffoons

But a question - what has the (possibly warranted) negativity over Cosgrave got to do with this? The guards are investigating regardless of what anyone thinks of Cosgrave. The document was leaked, all that remains to be established is if any laws were broken (despite my utter dislike of Varadkar I've no idea if a law was broken - I'm in no way qualified to opine). However I'm struggling to see the relevance of Cosgrave and all the sh!te being thrown at him tbh. I saw a post earlier (I think) saying it undermines his credibility - again how relevant? Is the Garda investigation hinging on anything Cosgrave said (this is a genuine question btw)

He has been interviewed as part of the investigation.

It has been reported that the statements that he and Bowes made to the Gardai have been changed a number of times. As these form the basis of the complaint against Varadkar, his credibility is an issue.

The fact of the sharing of the document is not an issue. It is the surrounding accusations of corruption and bias and cronyism which are the subject of the investigation, and these are the accusations contained in the changing Garda statements.

It's what I've been asking all along, CP.

The "Shoot the messenger" mantra is alive and well here, Paddy Cosgraves private business affairs have the square root of absolutely shag all to do with Leo's predicament here and what way his Criminal investigation will ultimately conclude.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭CarProblem

Ok - yet again, how are his business dealings relevant? How are they relevant to his "credibility". If he changes statements that may undermine his credibility as a witness in this particular investigation but I'm not sure how his business dealings undermine his credibility with respect to the Varadkar case

If its a case of "well it must mean one of the witnesses is shady - hence call off the investigation" then, if you weren't a green of course (LO fucking L), you'd surely be also calling for Varadkar to step down as FG party leader as he's also the subject of shady allegations? If I was still a member of the party I know I would be

Post edited by CarProblem on

Well according to high court affidavits Paddy has two people on the books looking to smear political opponents. This would make sense since the story itself has been in The Village and the drip-feed of the investigation itself is being drawn out, allegedly because Paddy or one of the others keep changing their story.

In other words, the ongoings of Paddy Cosgrave is tied in with the Leo story...

However, its kinda clear now that Paddy has bitten off more than he can chew.

• Advertisement

I wasn't aware of that. If true, Paddy having two people whose job is to smear political opponents is a sinister aspect of this. If it turns out that the Gardai and the DPP decide that Leo has no case to answer, given this latest bit of information, then the question will arise whether this was all down to a smear campaign run by Paddy. If so, those that were taken in by it will have to reflect on their own part.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement