Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

I'm done with the 29th of November. Stop the world and let me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

"Happy Holiday" dickheads and "Happy Xmas " ****

It's Christmas. If you're not OK with that don't celebrate it, it's a holiday period around the period of the birth of Black baby Jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

There’s a Tesco ad on the radio which mentions the “Holiday season”

F**k right off, it’s Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

This name calling shyte.

It's not enjoyable for everyone y'know. Personally I couldn't give a rats ass about it. People falling over themselves to buy crap.

I was clearly taking the piss.

I couldn't give a sh!te if people are into it or not.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,374 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

It is an Irish festival that we get a heap of bank holidays for and the country virtually shuts down. How could someone not celebrate it or at least observe it other than lock themselves in their house for 2 weeks?

Thankfully the religious element is all but dead and we can just enjoy it as a mid winter festival where we eat and drink way too much and try to run it all off in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

When a brown envelope with a Harp comes through the letterbox, or even worse - a white envelope marked "Private and Confidential". It always put the frighteners up me 😰

I've probably said it before but anyways..... when you're just at the start of your morning poo in work and someone comes in to the cubicle next to you and just sits down and breathes heavily ( not pooing ) so you basically have someone sitting next to you listening to you do your business.

Edit: He just dropped what sounded like a two foot model of a submarine which he took at least five minutes to brew so alas he had to poo after all 💩💩💩 and they all lived happy ever after 🤭😆

It's not an Irish festival.

If one doesn't want to celebrate it one can take the days off but one doesnt need to be a Happy Holidays dick head

If you think the religious element of it is all but dead you're asleep at the wheel

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭CGI_Livia_Soprano
    Holding tyrants to the fire

You're the one asleep at the wheel, pal. It's only a religious holiday if you count the "Bouncy Castle Catholics" who go to midnight mass (so they can take a good long gawk at everybody else), otherwise Christmas is pretty much a secular holiday these days.

As for "Happy Holidays," well it's the holiday season after all. Most people get a ton of time off over Christmas and New Year, hence happy holidays. It's about as Catholic as a bris these days.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,374 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

We do Xmas every year in our house. Santa comes we have turkey and presents and Xmas trees and decorations. We even send Xmas cards (with a nice pic of a happy elf this year). Zero religious element whatsoever. I doubt we're the only family that the supposed birth of a child 2,000 years ago on December 25th has no relevance for.

It is a festival that happens in Ireland = Irish festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,172 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

We are exact same. Zero religious significance anymore. And it's lovely.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

It's not "Irish festival" just because you say it is.

Yes boss. Yet myself and millions of Irish people will celebrate Xmas happily.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,662 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Jaysis, lads, would yis all unclench a bit. Also, has everyone forgotten the "No going against the TA" rule?

Anyway, my TA is that the landscaping company who cut our grass use a ride-on mower that absolutely fires the cut grass all over the place, including the driveway. On a wet day (like today) it's impossible to avoid getting your shoes covered in grass and tracking it into the house. Doubly impossible when you've a dog who doesn't understand the concept of wiping feet.

Happy birth of black baby jebus to you too lol

Now.. I'm off to fight in the crusades for the church and murder some indigenous people in the name of religion

• Registered Users Posts: 25,307 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

doorbell going at 8.55 this morning, opened up...it’s a courier... I didn’t order anything... it’s for my neighbor two doors down and I’m being asked if I’ll sign for it and take it in....

not exactly good practice in this climate that a courier should be knocking on doors of people not involved in their transactions .....and also for them to expect people take in boxes that have been handled through multiple sort facilities that their is zero proof of sanitization for.... wouldn’t think twice in a normal life situation and neither would my neighbor of helping each other but why they wouldn’t just get it delivered to work... they both drive..so wouldn’t need to lug it on a bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

That Christmas (maybe?) McDonalds ad with the imaginary friend? I'm sure its supposed to invoke some warm fuzzy feelings coz yer one goes back and gets her imaginary friend out of the closet and goes to look at the stars with him or whatever but all I can see is that she locked up a sentient being in a small dark cupboard for decades with no qualms about it. He looked so sad when she opened the door to him after all those years. It breaks my heart. What a b*tch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,261 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Yea I couldn’t understand why after all those years she suddenly felt guilty and released him from the closet, didn’t think it would still be alive

Went to THAT Supervalu to buy some groceries yesterday evening.

What an omnishambles, what checkouts were manned or unmanned? Which were working? Long Queue. Note to self: STOP going to that supervalue xieann

• Registered Users Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭spookwoman

People who feel the need to walk behind a reversing car. You don't walk out in front of a car driving forward so why do the same with one reversing especially when most are drivers themselves and know how hard it it to watch in front, behind and to the side at the same time.

Mince pies. Why do people push these awful things on visitors?

Because they're f*****g amazing. Have you no soul? Did you do a deal with the devil?

Post edited by AckwelFoley on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

There's very little of the Yule fare I won't eat but they're one of them...(and Brussels Sprouts)

My own TA - filling out lots of questions on a motor insurance quote...ticking terms and conditions..etc..after all that I get 'Sorry we can't give you a quote' (FU Liberty)

Seven Worlds will Collide

Tarmac enclosed in pastry. Yuck. Hate most mass produced pies, although I wasn't keen on pork pies until I tasted a proper bakery one.

Tbf most people boil the shite out of sprouts so they would smell and taste awful anyway.

Received an email survey about my visit this evening.

Filled it out truthfully.

No I don't want to be contacted about my views, thankyou.

Fookin bin company.. Signed up way back, and gave them me details (name, address & ph no) - have to pay a 'standing charge' GRRRHH!! every week, as well as a lift charge (obvs 😋) when bin is lifted... Got a card for topping up, and whene'er I top up, I get a msg to my phone directly to say 'top up successful' etc.. Also, I get a 'balance' texted to my phone early in the week..

Also, there is an app, or "hub" or somesuch malarkey, that I never bothered with from the start, and that was okay, as supposedly that were only for 'added convenience'..

TA I topped up a few weeks ago, and, barring that 'top up successful' msg, I've yet to receive any weekly 'balance' messages.. Not only that; recently they sent me a message to say "we don't have an up to date email address" - no shoyt! And "please log into your a/c through our 'customer portal' (again, wtf that is) " to do so... They can fr off the shower o' kernts - they're getting nothing more out a me!! Back in day, with same company, theoretically a feller could give them the address, and a bogey name, if they so wanted, and that was plenty - back then!.. Plus there were no 'standing charges' , cards , apps, or otherwise required (option may have been there, but it wasn't the only option - like it is now 😟).... alls it took was just a single payment to a local shop to purloin, for a fixed price, a strip of paper/cardboard to wrap around bin handle, in order for bin to be lifted...

added on TA: Companies/shops/servive providers all want as much info as possible.. So fk giving them any email addresses, or signing up for loyalty cards - not worth the hassle, and, especially, it is most certainly not worth the intrusion/invasion of privacy... fkers.. Can imagine the boffins/programming expert types putting in their codes/algorithms based on what products, and when, they're bought, and from that info, divining what time a feller takes a dump on Thursday 😁 for example

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,828 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I work with a fella that never shut ups about covid,case numbers etc all day every day. Any topic of conversation you bring up with him, he'll manage to steer it back to covid. I can't express how less I care about covid

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement