Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Well. 2024 will tell. That's how elections work.... Or should work.

And if the US votes AGAIN to get rid of trump:

Will trump instigate a riot AGAIN?

Will trump lie about the result AGAIN?

Will trump and his cronies attempt to stifle votes AGAIN? They are right now.

Will trump incite violence against democratically elected officials AGAIN?

Will trump attempt to abuse his remaining power to tell white nationalists to standby AGAIN?

Will trump and his cronies tie up the courts and spend millions of his donor's money pushing cases they KNOW to be fraudulent AGAIN?

Will trump phone up members of his own party, governors in states that he lost and tell them to "find" enough votes to win AGAIN?

Will trump cronies threaten election officials and counters with violence and death AGAIN?

These are all situations that occurred. I'm sure even the most rabid trump fan can admit these verifiable facts. These are all documented, recorded and verifiable. The world watched LIVE as he instigated the riot. I sat in my kitchen and watched him give the speech. I watched as they stormed the capitol. I saw his video message to the terrorists. The world heard his phonecall bout "finding" votes. The world heard the member of his own party tell him that the count was valid time and time again. Should people vote for him in case the above happens again? That is terrorism.

What do you think will happen if he does lose again? I'll make it easier. I'll remove the "again": What does one think will happen if he does lose? As it is, the US will turn into a police state from election day for about a week. And when they officially make the announcement. And inauguration day. Police and military will be out in force.... Against its own people.

Post edited by TheIrishGrover on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Yes, 2024 will tell and the 2022 mid-term results will serve as a benchmark.

As for all those other things you mention... that's a bunch of convoluted mischaracterization of events. The handmaidens of the democrat party in the press that have abdicated their journalistic integrity would highly approve.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

4 years ago you were touting Romney as the saviour of the GOP. Now you’re a full blown Trumpeteer, how can you swallow the nonsense Trump is selling?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 13,836 ✭✭✭✭briany

And if the US votes AGAIN to get rid of trump:

Will trump instigate a riot AGAIN?

He'll have a go, I'd say.

Will trump lie about the result AGAIN?

Oh, hell yes.

Will trump and his cronies attempt to stifle votes AGAIN? They are right now.

100 percent

Will trump incite violence against democratically elected officials AGAIN?

If he can get away with it.

Will trump attempt to abuse his remaining power to tell white nationalists to standby AGAIN?

He'll blow some sort of dog whistle, but yes.

Will trump and his cronies tie up the courts and spend millions of his donor's money pushing cases they KNOW to be fraudulent AGAIN?

How else would they undermine faith in elections?

Will trump phone up members of his own party, governors in states that he lost and tell them to "find" enough votes to win AGAIN?

Yes, and it would be equally funny, sad and terrifying.

Will trump cronies threaten election officials and counters with violence and death AGAIN?

What other language do they know?

I watched his speech LIVE!!!!! I sat in my kitchen. Having a cup of tea. Texting my friends and workmates (Some in the US) as it unfolded. Watching his speech LIVE. Watch the insurrection LIVE. For hours!. I SAW IT HAPPEN. I heard his words as he spoke them! I don't know how many more exclamation marks or capital letters I can use 😀.

I know what I saw. I watched. Blah blah blah "convoluted mischaracterization". No. Wrong. Watched it unfold in real-time on TV. "handmaidens of the democrat party" Once again. LIVE. You may twist and turn unproven facts all you want. trump may bring out all his cronies saying they saw votes being binned or shipped in (Proven lies). But many people here watched his speech and the aftermath and his "responses" live as it happened. And THAT is the truth. THAT is what happened. undeniable. Un-spinnable video proof the whole damn WORLD saw. Can you honestly tell me that what I saw unfold on multiple channels from multiple angles was some conspiracy? How was he taken out of context when we watched his speech live?

I know I have said the words "watched" and "live" a lot but I want to emphasise I saw this (As did MANY here) unfold as it happened. Just as I watched that poor England kid miss that first penalty and thought "Oh my God. They are going to turn on that kid and he should just leave twitter immediately because of the hate". I watched trump's speech and said to myself. Said to my friends: "Here we go. He's just kicked them off".

You cannot sit there and say that this live viewing, this uninterrupted coverage was not what happened. Say whatever you want but you cannot deny that happened. You cannot deny that every "case" has been thrown out. You cannot deny that his heavily-skewed supreme court threw his "cases" out. You cannot deny that there has been NO evidence of mass fraud. You cannot deny that he phoned that govenor and said "All I need is for you to find votes". You cannot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

• Registered Users Posts: 21,638 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Not since Nixon has there been a president with so many associates charged with a crime. It will also be a factor when he runs again in 2024.

I've touched on this before when challenging the 'both sides' nonsense that regressives argue with. (And Trump puts Nixon in the shade also)

"Recent administrations with the MOST criminal indictments: 

Trump — 215

Nixon — 76

Reagan — 26

"Recent administrations with the LEAST criminal indictments: 

Obama — 0

Carter — 1

Clinton — 2

Notice a pattern? All most associated with indictments are Republican, least associated, Democrat. Trumps criminal association and behaviour should absolutely be a factor in 2024 but, the Republicans have shown just exactly what they mean when they say they are the party of Law and Order with how they rolled over to him post the January 6th Insurrection. They have bowed to him completely and there should be no argument as to how little they actually care about common decency or the actual constitution that they fetishize.

And yet, I would not be surprised if Trump won in 2024. I think Biden is doing pretty good, all things considered, but he doesn't have a second campaign in him and unfortunately himself and Kamala haven't clicked the way I hoped they would. But, the biggest problem in 2024 is that the majority of people who end up voting will likely not fully understand what each party is truly responsible for and what their actions have actually shown them to be and so, if Trump wins, him and Republicans will use it as a mandate for some very draconian practices, as they did in 2016. Part of the reason for this has been the hesitancy in holding Trump accountable for his myriad of actions, both unfavourable, and outright criminal and illegal.

We literally watched it and listened to it live. And I watched it on CSPAN before you think that I was sat waiting for Don Lemon telling me what to think.

FFS, even McConnell and Graham blamed Trump, they just didn't have the balls to hold him responsible for it. Which didn't come as a surprise to anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,360 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Lads he knows what he’s supporting and is happy to do it, so long as he can trot out a line that makes him feel better he’s absolutely happy. It’s not about being a conservative it’s about being the new type of conservative that really doesn’t give a toss about their country anymore so long as it’s them messing it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,440 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

you really can't take someone seriously who uses the phrase "The handmaidens of the democrat party" .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

With some of the Republicans they're clearly playing a role. I'd put Ted Cruz, Ron DeSantis and Josh Hawley in this category. They're intelligent people who don't believe half of the nonsense that they spew but they're deeply cynical and have come to the conclusion that you've got to feed the base their "red meat". On the other hand, MGT and Paul Gosar actually appear to be mentally unstable individuals. I think they both believe in everything that they say. Boebert is in a different category again - she's just a profoundly stupid and trashy person - the perfect distillation of the modern GOP's platform of No Policy and 100% cultural issues. I expect that with the large amount of gerrymandered districts that we will see a lot more politicians like her in the next House.

Don't disagree with that.

I think the Democrats have dropped the ball in allowing Republicans to hijack voting systems ahead of 2022 and 2024. They'll very likely live to regret it and focus then on the weakness of candidates and the influence of conservative media and significant influencers rather than where the real problem is.

Similarly with respect to the motivations and actions of those Republicans you mentioned, that should be highlighted in a consistent basis.

I was at a speaking event by Stacy Abrams recently, I found her impressive, but I think she should have been given a prominent role within the DNC to speak on electoral shenanigans which are happening right now, in an official capacity.

And remember, whatever the complaints that come from Democrats in 2022 or 2024, should they lose elections in dubious manner, they'll find it very hard to get anyone to pay serious attention after the way Republicans have muddied the water for the last 12 months plus. Very dangerous times ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,298 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

That's the least of the gibberish that's come from that poster.

You're trying to talk to someone that believes that the election was "stolen". There isn't any kind of passage of reason there.

They're both better than the candidates the democrats put up. Trump policies did make America better off. I, unlike most here, go by what Trump did over his mean tweets and the bombastic stuff. If it goes down to Trump and DeSantis in the 2024 primary, as of now, I'll go with DeSantis. It will be interesting to see what happens when the GOP impeaches Biden after the mid-term election for Biden and his family's ILLEGAL grift-and-influence peddling machine while he was Vice President. The revelations from Hunter's laptop detail it all out... that the media dishonestly claimed in the election was Russian influence in order to influence the election to defeat Trump, but is all TRUE.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

You watched it, eh? Then you must remember when he stated... "I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard." "Today we will see whether republicans stand strong for [the] integrity of our elections, but whether or not they stand strong for our country, our country. Our country has been under siege for a long time, far longer than this four-year period."

Jesus. You’re much further gone than I realised.

The “Hunter Biden Laptop” stuff is pure conspiracy theory. None of it will lead anywhere except further grifting money out of gullible people’s hands.

“The media” didn’t dishonestly claim anything about Russian interference. It is a fact that Russia interfered, the debate is about much Trump knew about it. Remind me what Paul Manafort went to jail for again? I ask again….

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Sure, he said that. He also said the following:

"All of us here today do not want to see our election victory stolen by emboldened radical-left Democrats, which is what they're doing. And stolen by the fake news media. That's what they've done and what they're doing. We will never give up, we will never concede. It doesn't happen. You don't concede when there's theft involved."

That's a bare-faced lie. It's been proven, through endless court cases in multiple states, to be an outright lie. What do you think about him saying deliberately inflammatory stuff like that? Do you think that serves to calm down an obviously angry and deluded crowd, or do you think it serves to inflame it?

Feel free to read the rest of his obvious lies and inflammatory statements here, at your leisure: https://www.npr.org/2021/02/10/966396848/read-trumps-jan-6-speech-a-key-part-of-impeachment-trial

Also, what's your view on his call to Raffensperger, asking him to "find" 11,000-odd votes, one more than he needed? Does that fall in with your idea of Republicans (and Trump is a Republican) standing tall for election integrity? Where do you stand on that episode?

Looking forward to your response.

He also said...

"walk down to the Capitol" to "cheer on our brave senators and congressmen and women."

"We're probably not going to be cheering so much for some of them because you'll never take back our country with weakness"

Bottom line it was all rhetoric and not of it was to incite violence.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,690 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

This Devine character sounds like a bit of a Republican media handmaiden 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

I’m sure this is a what does the future hold for donald trump thread? Or did I cross into a biden thread again?

As I said, conspiracy theory nonsense. There’s not even any proof that Hunter Biden owned the laptop to begin with. The story that he dropped it off to be repaired and forgot about it is beyond ludicrous.

I can’t believe you’ve fallen for this nonsense.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Cody montana

I can believe it.

They fall for every ludicrous conspiracy going.

I say again...... JFK jr running mate...... These people will believe anything. "Why yes, I did forget to collect my laptop. But it's ok. It's magic and disappeared"

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 13,526 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Seems like the insurrection committee is coming after Jeffrey Clark, one-time assistant attorney general under the #2xIMPOTUS and big lie cheerleader.

The charges will be voted on Wednesday 7p.m. EST time. As always, a conviction would take time and be somewhat of a light sentence.

You stuck in ancient history? That was from October 2020 when the mainstream biased media was inventing fairytales to protect Biden from the truth during the election. Seems Trump was right again, and as usual.

Here, let me bring you up to present day...

Even Jack Dorsey, head of Twitter, knowing the NY Post's story was real and authentic at the time, said it was a 'total mistake' for him to block the Hunter Biden story on Twitter during the election. Fancy that, after he helped to maliciously throw the election from Trump to Biden, now says Ah shucks... Sorry, my bad!... But there is nothing you can do about it and you can't touch me now that my guy in POTUS and in control of the DOJ and lowlifes running the FBI, and democrats have a hold on Congress... hahahaha.

https://nypost.com/2021/03/25/dorsey-says-blocking-posts-hunter-biden-story-was-total-mistake/

If you listen to the ENTIRE call to Raffensperger it was all legit. And how about putting a sock in the personal attacks... or do you feel, like so many others here, you are exempt from civility because like Trump, I am fair game for anything and you can get away with it?

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement