Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kinzen Ltd & boards.ie

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭whippet

eh .... I have stated quite clearly I have absolutely no problem with the government seeking out disinformation and sources of disinformation when the public health was at risk. As for Gript - I've read some of their stuff and they are by no means an unbiased independent media source. They play to their audience and as I am not their audience I will choose to ignore them.

I don't have a narrow view whatsoever ... but I do have a wife with over 2 decades of working in the pharmaceutical industry as a scientist .. and when it comes to most of the nonsense we have had to endure from all sides in the last two years - thankfully I have her as a reference point to get to the actual facts.

Do I trust government .. no .. I think they have made a shambles of our reaction to the pandemic .. and are continuing to do so .. their communications has been deplorable. However - I do feel that the monitoring of disinformation is important when there needs to be a clear message.

you can't have biased journalists and 'activists' dictating the narrative of a global pandemic .... but unfortunately this is world we live in.

As for McGuirk ... lets just say ... due to his political and social leanings / views I have no intention of adding to the click count of his content

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭foxsake

you finally figured out that media have their bias. wonderful insight ..the same argument against gript could be used against every single irish media outlet.

It strikes me as odd that you claim (rightly imo) about the shamble of the last 2 years but slag off the only media in Ireland that really questioned things instead of the cheerleading - rah rah rah - in this together #holdfirm #staysafe and the resulting avalanche of fear . It's plain odd to me.

I am mid way politically on gript - some I agree and some I don't - but they write good articles and decent analysis on topic. JmcG (who I never met) seems a decent fella - sure he holds unpopular views with many on boards but hardly a reason to hate him but yet they do in spade. weird people.

who defines what disinformation is? the people in power so you are proposing for everybody to swallow the state or official argument.

considering so much of what was decided on in the past was wrong - were the nay-sayers not right or even partially right? But they were labelled misinformation anyway?

you are saying that naysayers are wrong by default which is a bizarre view of the world. Dissent is important even if it is wrong.

Lets go back to Senator Craughwell - noting he said in his speech was incorrect it was all in the news at the time , yet Kinzen and the HSE labelled it misinformation and the video was repeatedly flagged as this. from our own parliament fFs.

What more concerning about this now , for me , is not what they did but that so many people think that's ok in a democracy ?

I sincerely hope some of you are on a wind up.

What a non-story lol

• Advertisement

Gript are not the only media outlet having a go at the government, NPFET etc .... if anything just about every media outlet has been having a right pop at them for the last 12 months.

But I leave you be with your opinion.

are you saying the article is wrong or just jumped in for the LOLz with asinine drivel....i just cant decide.

every Irish media cheered the measures - I haven't forgetten the last 22 months or so - the deification of Tony Holohan plastered all over , they never questioned NPHET or the government. sure there was occasional mild rebuke on minor issues but never a strong counter from RTE, the indo or irish times wasn't up to scratch at all on that.

RTE had Dr Feely who was driven out of the HSE on once , that was it. They had a woman on too and it sticks with me cos Claire Byrne behaved shamefully pre-empting the interview with a trigger warning.

Newstalk give Luke O'Neill a free run despite him being an utter lunatic - you want misinformation he is it - remember his advice for Christmas dinner last year. mad man .

FFS ...how is that in anyway objective or not biased? If you agree with that then the news isn't free comment it's indoctrination and controlled.

anyway lets agree to disagree on media - cos you aren't for turning and neither am I. I just like consuming analysis from all sources and making my own mind up - i guess other like consuming what is put on front of them and what is palatable . Thats the Ireland I've come to know in the past 22months in a nutshell...

just about everything you have posted there is pure selective memory.

there has been plenty of criticism of government, the CMO, health ministers, NFET etc on all media channels .... but you've made your mind up so I'll leave you to your echo chamber

sure thing , says the man who discounts reports that come from media he doesn't like :)

you've lost the plot

yep ... I've lost the plot !!! and of course you don't believe the media you don't like!! I suppose we are like two peas in a pod .... love you bro'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41,072 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

No. Other media outlets mostly do not have extremist hate agendas agendas against minority groups. You cant really compare Gript to other Mainstream media which is mostly quite centrist and factual as opposed to Gript which has a far right hate fuelled agenda.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 35,072 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

People losing their sh*t over this non-story is laughable

Big companies do this sort of thing all the time - how is our latest offer/promotion/new product going down, etc? What are people saying about us on social media?

Nothing at all wrong with that, these are public posts after all. Personally I think people are mad to link their real name to whatever waffle they post on social media, but it's their choice.

As for "Kinzen having flagged some video of a senator" that's just complete rubbish. If Facebook or Youtube (and I've no time for either of them, what they do and what they enable) flag a video as misinformation that's their decision, just because something is said in our parliament doesn't make it true...

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭The Quintessence Model

'Far-right hate fuelled agenda'. Mother of Jesus talk about hyperbole.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

It's literally a data information request the source comes from the state. Lads losing their knickers because they don't like the people who requested and reported the information request 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Biggest supporter of the far right throughout Europe and the Balkans too ,the same far right they claimed were killing russians in Ukraine pre invasion and occupation of Ukraine

“Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls the past.”

― George Orwell, Nineteen Eighty-Four

Putin and his acolytes literally rewrite both the present and the past to suit themselves. And he has many willing acolytes on boards and every other western social medium...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

The Department of Health has told Gript it has lost all records of contracts it signed with the social media monitoring firm Kinzen in 2020 & 2021. The Department has also lost all record of the negotiations that led to the signing of those contracts.

The Department also lost all records of conversations they had with Kinzen leading up to the end of the Department's relationship with Kinzen in October, shortly after Gript reported on the HSE's misinformation program.

Is the cyber attack in May to which they claim was the reason records were deleted in the third quatre of 2021 going to be the go to excuse?

Why am I not surprised .....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,161 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

When did the definition of spying get changed to browsing public and openly available posts? I just checked Leos twitter account am I James Bond now?

paying a 3rd party to gather up social media posts the state doesn't like...if anything it's a waste of tax.

that same government dept then uses this info to petition the social media companies to remove/flag posts the state apparatus doesn't like.

if mr belarus or putin did it , the same people (you) would be making a song and dance over it.

But it's ok when you approve isn't it :)

• Advertisement

that same government dept then uses this info to petition the social media companies to remove/flag posts the state apparatus doesn't like.

Where is your evidence of this?

Disinformation and flagging it up is pretty necessary. And there is a lot of it around vaccination etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

If this is all about the pure truth and nothing but the truth, the state themselves should be regularly appearing in these reports but they don't, because it's not about the truth, it's about attacking any views that goes against mainstream views.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Registered Users Posts: 18,161 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

But the article is about the HSE reporting on misinformation, your saying that the HSE were spreading misinformation and that they should be reporting themselves?

Advertisement