Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delete post

Options
  • 18-07-2021 2:53am

How do you delete posts.

I need a post deleted asap.

Cheers

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭Azatadine

Not sure how to delete a post either....however, you could just go back and edit it and put N/A or something in there instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I'm interested in the answer to this too

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 523 Mod ✭✭✭✭TheKBizzle

Me too.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

You can’t delete your own posts at the moment. You can only edit them within 24 hours of posting. An interim workaround is to edit the post and replace it with “DELETED” or something similar until a ‘delete’ function is added.

I tried to edit it at the time but it would not allow me to remove the link.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

just good into edit then you can delete your words your post will come up blank, ive done this.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Mod Your post has since been deleted Olivia.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭raher1

i like to delete a discussion post too. i cant contact boards to ask a mod to do it

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Send me a PM with a link and I will see what I can do

I found if you edit a duplicate post to 'delete' that it edits both of the posts. (not sure which post I edited, the first or the second one- not sure it matters or not).

Was annoying after typing out a long post. Just a headsup to anyone else.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

When you reply in a thread the reply shows up in 2 places. The first may be where you last viewed, and the second at the end of the thread. If you refresh or go out of the thread then back in only that post at the end of the thread remains. What I suspect has happened is you posted then immediately deleted what you thought was a duplicate, when it was the actual and only post. Hence you deleted your reply

It takes a bit of getting used to. When I click on "Post Comment" here the same thing will happen

(and in this case the first appearance is just beneath the OP, but it has the same post number as this #12)

That makes sense. I think my reply was the only one at the time.

Advertisement