Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESB meter door cabinet broken

Options
  • 30-11-2021 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭

Hi my esb cabinet door blew off in high winds last weekend and broke the hinges

does anyone know if the ebs will come out to fix this or will i have to sort it out myself ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭c ashelmore

I replaced my own last year - not cheap to buy- then discovered that ESB had fixed my neighbour's for free! Perhaps the meter reader didn't close it properly....!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭dunnerc

Yes i suspect thats what happened with my door , I rang the ESB who said as a goodwill jesture they could replace the door

but as the hinges were broken the whole box would need to be replaced and they wouldnt do that , that was down to me to get a handyman/electrician to sort it out

they also said the meter is sealed and it wouldnt matter if rain got at it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭meercat

Don’t leave this exposed to the elements. Rain will get in causing damp inside the house. Fit one of these

https://tricel.ie/meter-boxes/electric-meter-overbox/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭cml387

Networks fixed ours for free! They screwed it shut and fitted a round window so the meter could be read. Those exterior boxes seem to be made out of papier mache.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭c ashelmore

Yes, I used an overbox.It glues onto the existing door frame. As it's moulded to match you would hardly notice it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement