Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joe Biden Presidency thread *Please read OP - Threadbanned Users Added 4/5/21*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,702 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

This is an excellent video on the hypocrisy of Biden and other Democrats.

Its amazing how they changed their opinions after the election last November.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,612 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Without even watching it I'll know that was the comments made when trump was pushing the FDA to rush through approval.

I'll be shocked if it's anything else, but do elaborate.

I'll also be shocked if this is something other than a MisterAnarchy dump and run and you actually want to discuss why the redder states have a much lower vaccine take up than the bluer states.

Maybe there'll be a surprise here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

Republicans always do the opposite to what democrats wants, so if this was really the case, there would be near full vaccine take up in republican supporters.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭francois

Red state vaccine hesitancy, Repugs killing their support one intubation at a time. r/hermancainaward full of god fearing meme sh1tposting Trumpers obits.

My well of empathy is, frankly, not very sympathetic for them

• Registered Users Posts: 19,406 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

You're being told what to believe.

It's propaganda.

Exercise some critical thinking for once.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,196 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

I will reply to posts that I can see.

If people dont get a reply from me on this thread they can assume that they are on the ignore list.

That’s a collection of quotes from very early in the vaccine development, as a reaction to Trump pushing as hard as possible to get the vaccine rolled out and save his election chances. That’s the context.

When the vaccine was rolled out safely, all of the above advocated for taking it. The result is that the uptake is a a lot higher among Dem voters than GOP voters.

It is completely illogical to blame the Dems for the lower uptake, the people refusing to take it would never listen to them.

I do think the Dems were stupid in playing the political game about the vaccine. They should have answered “I’ll take it if it’s deemed safer by doctors. End”

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭The Quintessence Model

The video os a great example of the complete hypocrisy and disgusting nature of US politics. The Dems were simply playing with people's lives, vaccine hesitate for no other reason then trump was in power. As soon as Biden won it was a complete turn around. No doubt the Republicans would (and, in some respects are, really) do the same. It's just another example of how, ultimately, both sides are as bad as each other over there.

Not at all, at that point Trump was actively trying to rush the vaccine through. In the end, it did not get rushed through so no issue. Basically they were trusting in the recommendations of the scientific community rather than a president who tended to push irresponsible shite.

• Advertisement

Plenty of irresponsible shite being pushed around here too by his supporters. Carrying on the tradition I suppose!

The vaccines were rushed through. And 'trusting the recommendations' would you stop. They may be now, as it's politically convenient, but it's clear they said what they said to get trump out, by promoting vaccine hesitancy.

You fail (deliberately or otherwise) to add into the equation that Trump was a lying sack of **** whose actual form was to spout bollocks, regardless of the consequences for people (including causing actual deaths) just to save his own presidency.

Would lying about a vaccine be something he would do? Absolutely! Why would we say this? Because he lied countless times about it.

That's where the consistent lying comes back to bite you in the ass. It's called "consequences".

I know people like you and others here will say "all politicians lie, don't be naive!", but your problem here is that you cannot seem to discern between the usual b.s. casual lie by politicians and someone who lies all of the ****ing time.

If a "normal" politician lies, and they are presented with video footage exposing the lie, what we should hope for and 99% we get, is an apology and sometimes, too rare but it does happen, a resignation.

What is flat out dangerous and therefore unacceptable is someone who tells us we don't see what our eyes show us to be true, or doubles down and compounds the wrong. Because that's how we get dictatorships. That isn't hyperbole. There are multiple examples worldwide and in your history books.

Hopefully you now see where false equivalency can bring you, and why it's important to apply some critical thinking to what you are being told.

'You fail (deliberately or otherwise) to add into the equation that Trump was a lying sack of **** whose actual form was to spout bollocks, regardless of the consequences for people (including causing actual deaths) just to save his own presidency.'

And the Dems in this case were doing the same thing to cause him to lose his presidency. And yes Trump was a liar, I thought that type of knowledge is a given.

' What is flat out dangerous and therefore unacceptable is someone who tells us we don't see what our eyes show us to be true, or doubles down and compounds the wrong. Because that's how we get dictatorships. That isn't hyperbole. There are multiple examples worldwide and in your history books.

Hopefully you now see where false equivalency can bring you, and why it's important to apply some critical thinking to what you are being told.'

What false equivalency? And I do apply critical thinking, get off your high horse lad!

That is some quality revisionism. That is NOT what happened.

The Democrats were saying "trust the doctors and scientists, not Trump". Their stance hasn't actually changed, they still preach trusting the science. Which is the right thing to do.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Same thing happened with the BLM movement. Biden got elected and the vast majority of protests stopped. Many black people now realise they where used as pawns by the Dems.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

Totally agree.

If Trump was still in power we'd hear about adverse reations to vaccines on a daily basis and how bad the Trump's vaccines are

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Trump had nothing to do with the development of the vaccine, he pushed unscientific methods of treatment like that lupus medicine or refusal to push a federal mask mandate hence the distrust of his message

Let's not rewrite history. He put the full weight of the US government into developing the vaccine as quickly as possible.

Very early in the vaccine development you say ?

On October 19th 2020, just over a fortnight before the Pfizer vaccine was shown to be 90% effective Cuomo was saying "Americans Can’t Trust the FDA and CDC on a Vaccine"

"I'm not that confident, but my opinion doesn't matter. I don't believe the American people are that confident," Cuomo said. "I think it's going to be a very skeptical American public about taking the vaccine, and they should be.”

The FDA and CDC “don’t have any credibility” under President Trump, who has repeatedly promised that a vaccine would be available by Election Day, long before public health experts believe is possible.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/elanagross/2020/10/19/cuomo-says-fda-cdc-under-trump-lack-credibility-on-approving-coronavirus-vaccine/?sh=5b1d63455c51

Who was right and who was wrong ?

The Democrats used the vaccine development for political gain, constantly attacking anything Trump said

The Democrats were saying "trust the doctors and scientists, not Trump"

And who exactly are the FDA and CDC ??

The video is a great example of the complete hypocrisy and disgusting nature of US politics. The Dems were simply playing with people's lives, vaccine hesitate for no other reason then trump was in power. As soon as Biden won it was a complete turn around. No doubt the Republicans would (and, in some respects are, really) do the same. It's just another example of how, ultimately, both sides are as bad as each other over there.

Thats exactly it.

Same thing happened with the BLM movement. Biden got elected and the vast majority of protests stopped. Many black people now realise they where used as pawns by the Dems.

Indeed it was a similar scenario with BLM and the mostly peaceful protests.

The Democrats encouraged protests, rioting and lit the race card fuse as it aided their goal of ousting Trump.

The Democrats even helped bail repeat offenders out of jail.

As soon as the election was over the protests disappeared as if a switch was turned off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

But he didn't develop it, nor was it developed anywhere near the states

Trump had nothing to do with the development of the vaccine

But he didn't develop it, nor was it developed anywhere near the states

The poster is right, you were attempting to rewrite history.

"On May 15, 2020, President Donald Trump officially announced the public-private partnership.The purpose of Operation Warp Speed was to coordinate Health and Human Services-wide efforts, including the NIH ACTIV partnership for vaccine and therapeutic development, the NIH RADx initiative for diagnostic development, and work by BARDA.

Operation Warp Speed was formed to encourage private and public partnerships to enable faster approval and production of vaccines during the COVID-19 pandemic"

-Wikipedia. That he didn't personally develop it or that it wasn't developed near the united states is completely irrelevant.

In fact the head of BARDA had to be reassigned because of his resistance to the program citing "efforts to fund potentially dangerous drugs promoted by those with political connections", he just wouldn't join the program. His name is Rick Arthur Bright and he was later named a member of President-elect Joe Biden's coronavirus advisory board.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,612 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

I doubt it, the first vaccine was developed in Europe, the second in the US and the third in the UK (depending where you put China). trump did absolutely the right thing with operation warp speed but as usual he f*cked it all up with the messaging and making it all about him.

And to be fair, the trumpeters are the ones spreading misinformation about adverse reactions, they're that damn stupid.

Why aren't the red states actually using the vaccines if their lord and master is claiming to have invented them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

The trying to blame Trump for the rise in Asian hate crimes, also got brushed under the carpet sharpish. When they relised who was actually doing the attacking.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Who's "they"?

"A majority of Asian-American/Pacific Islander voters found the former president largely responsible for anti-AAPI discrimination during last year’s spike in violence amid the Covid-19 pandemic."

Asian Americans blamed him. Are you an Asian American with a different, informed opinion?

https://amp.scmp.com/news/world/united-states-canada/article/3151188/many-asian-republicans-blame-trump-not-their-party

• Registered Users Posts: 7,969 ✭✭✭Christy42

Seeing drone strike targets drop is a wonderful thing. Will have to dig and find other sources for it but if it is true then the reduced civilian casualties is a great move from the Biden administration. The thing Obama was most heavily criticised for was these strikes and something that was a black mark in his time as President. And Trumps but Trump had a few other issues as well.

https://airwars.org/conflict-data for the data.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Melanchthon

Thats pretty easy to do when Afghanistan has been abandoned

• Registered Users Posts: 7,969 ✭✭✭Christy42

Sorry. I should have specified. The data specifically zones in on Somalia, Yemen, Iraq and Syria.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Suppose it's easier to make a stupid comment rather than actually read the link.

• Advertisement

It is good to see, but to be fair to Obama and Trump, ISIS had yet to be defeated during their presidencies, and were only in the latter stages of Trumps.

Advertisement