Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

The neverending ah shur god luv de kids and maskwearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭honeyjo

TA'd by awful night of bad sleep. I'm cranky and tired like a toddler who didn't have their nap.

My local chain pharmacy has at least 4 staff there at any time. They also have a HUGE Dispens-O-Tron 5000 (may not be real name) med dispensing robot at their disposal. It is never busy.

But every time I go there to get a prescription filled, they ask me to come back in an hour. 😫

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

Mulleadys?? Got the same message last week. Never gave it to them and don't plan on to either. Bad enough they have my mobile number.

That standing charge is some crock of $h1t. Only myself and the OH at home so the bins don't go out as often, but still being charged 92c a week.

😂 That shower!! Is nowt sacred?? Am glad I'm not the only one that has an issue with giving out excess info to 'Service Providers' and the like.. They can eff right off if they think I'm giving out any email address, or getting an app for them, or going on their ruddy 'portal' .. Thin end of the wedge this modren day shoyt (in general) - allowed to ask for more info than ever before, and they'll keep asking until it's practically a given that one's PPS (slight exaggeration there) number will be demanded 'going forward' 😞 😬

PS I actually owed the shower money early on (ffs!!) after I got (and paid for at me door) , and before I even used/put out, the bins and card, cos I didn't 'top up' the card directly.. Was about a mth after I got bins before I put one of them out.. Yet the ripoff standing charge kicked in directly.. and the messages telling me my account was in ARREARS (fkers made sure to put that word in caps)...

TA I applied for access to the r and r (ranting and raving) forum, and I've not yet got access - must be 2/3 weeks since I requested access... A few righteous rants I want to have, and, as well as that, perhaps, also I get to see other fellow ranters' rants, and see how many likeminded folks there are at out 😁

Like Johnny Rotten once sang "Anger is an energy" ... Well, it does be 'motivational' at times, and that's a positive 😊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

people who say "mute point" instead of "moot point".

For all intensive purposes, could you be more Pacific?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,873 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Oh that was me!!!! Ninja edit on the way.....well not so ninja 😂😂😂

Walking past the local fire station, there's a yellow hatch painted on the road at the entrance/exit as you would expect.

Traffic lights further, maybe 3-4 cars up. Yet still some numpty sits in the hatch while waiting on the lights to change.

Ffs I think some people think road markings are there for decoration.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,157 ✭✭✭Be right back

People wearing masks while they're inside their car on their own.

I sometimes do this if I'm driving a short distance from one shop to another, keeps touching the mask to a minimum and lessens the use of hand sanitizers.

That overhang is the business....mesmerizes everyone away from the obvious.

Except us obviously 😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

This a million times . People with buggies have no qualms about walking behind a reversing car ? Are the serious ?

Or walking alongside the car as you are trying to position yourself /your car in or out of a spot.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,578 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Recruitment agent: We have a vacancy for a senior PCR Scientist position we think you'd be perfect for.

I have never run a PCR and am only about 90% sure what the "q" in qPCR stands for. Do these people even read LinkedIn profiles before sending this nonsense.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Bicycle dick heads that think traffic lights are only an advisory to them.

Guy sails through a 4 way junction today almost oblivious to his surroundings

Van driver dick heads that think because their indicator is on, its a right of way to pull onto the next lane rather than an advisory of one's intention. Seen a guy almost literally crash into the side of a car on the motorway. It was comical.. he goes on the offensive pointing down at his indicators as much to say..hey look I indicated now let me in..you're in the wrong for this near accident

• Registered Users Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭Bredabe

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,374 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Sounds like Kilbarrack to me. Getting warmer?

There are always drivers who can't figure out the lane structure outside the fire station there and the yellow box seems to be a waste of paint

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

People that say "I can't read that, I haven't got my glasses."

No, that doesn't make it my problem. Squint or something motherf*#ker.

What kind of mentality does it take to know that you can't see properly without your glasses, but not have them with you? Are they thinking 'I probably won't need this basic survival ability'? Never in my life would I think I don't need to f*#king see today! Jesus wept...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,309 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Being an insomniac and therefore awake at 4.11am...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Was feeling chilly at the bus stop at 6am waiting for the 101 bus to come. I'm hoping a nice warm coach with a dark interior and comfy seats would come along. Instead it's an ice cold shitbox of a double decker with low seat backrests so you can't even lean back properly and have a sleep. It's super bright inside the decker also with the windows fogged with condensation so I can't even see where I'm going.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

So Alec Baldwin is doing a TV interview about the shooting of the cinematographer on his movie set. Why do American's need to sensationalise everything? There's no need for a public interview. Leave it to the police. I assume his agent has told him to do this to try save his career but it just seems grossly inappropriate to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Etiquette on Teams. Specifically people sending "good morning" and then waiting for me to reply and THEN asking the question they want to ask. they ask me the fecking question straight off. its a text medium not a phone call.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭Bredabe

A common excuse with ppl who have reading issues or are self conscious about being asked to read in public.

Ta in the same vein, "sorry I cant/didn't hear you" when Iven said the same thing to them a million times. Yup I should suffer bc you won't get a hearing test or your ears rinsed.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement