Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭TalleyRand83

Well I'm 5k in the red now overall from a high of +5k about 2/3 months ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭notsocutehoor

After today's news is there a possibility of an eventual MU buyout/merger? The US/China thingy might make it difficult but they (MU/UMC) seem to have settled their previous little donnybrooks and are now setting out to 'expand the relationship'

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Yep can be used anytime, but I have a cgt bill from 1st 11 months of the year that needed to be paid and cashflow is tight at the min, so I'm realising them losses right now to reduce what I have to cough up before 15th dec.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

I'm just under 2k in the red overall while I was 4k up about 2.5 weeks ago.

I'm worried that Fed announcing speeding up tapering and increasing rates will crash the market.

They reversed their decision in 2018 when the market dropped by 15% or so in 2018 but I don't think they'll care as much about the market when it's been inflated so much during covid and needing to curb inflation...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Any one looking for exposure to Russia and property, a UK listed and owned warehouse landlord Raven Property groups preference shares paying out close to 10% dividend over a year. Trading around the £1.20 mark now. Ticker RAVP. There are also ordinary shares trading under RAV but not doing much last while. Do your own research and understand the recent issues around shares and ownership

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,777 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

I'm still in the Green, but as I said before I bought mostly during the Covid dip. I think the fed is waiting for whole Covid thing to pass before raising interest rates. Inflation has jumped and there is no way they will allow it to take hold.

Post edited by patsy_mccabe on

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭bob mcbob

Depending on who you believe, China may (or may not) be about to crackdown on foreign IPO's

EIJING (AFP, BLOOMBERG) - Beijing on Wednesday (Dec 1) denied a report that it was looking to plug a loophole used by Chinese technology companies to go public on foreign stock markets.

Bloomberg News reported, citing unnamed sources, that China was planning to ban firms from using offshore structures known as variable interest entities (VIEs), closing a gap used by tech giants such as Alibaba and Tencent in recent decades to avoid restrictions on foreign investment and listings abroad.

But the China Securities Regulatory Commission rejected it.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Layne

If any of you have any faith in Jim Cramer he is setting up an investing club with stock recommendations, updates etc. It seems to be free too.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/10/01/jim-cramer-launches-the-cnbc-investing-club-with-a-focus-on-building-long-term-wealth.html

Jim Cramer - not for me anyway. Too loud and ostentatious.

Post edited by patsy_mccabe on

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

I wouldn't trust anything said on cnbc. Luckin Coffee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,580 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I like Cramer, signed up to see if it's really free. His old one "The Street" was a paid subscription service.

One thing to watch, it's obviously aimed at Yanks, who have a very different tax structure. All the buying and selling here would likely cost you a bit in CGT

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bish76

BABA, MILE, LOTZ, TDOC, FROG - all frecking bleeding. I am about to loose 20k hard cash if I exit market today. Probably, will hide under blanket and check back in two weeks time 🤣

Docusign down 30% after results is one of the more baffling ones for me. Sold my shares earleir this year, but going to be buying back in again today. Multiples and the financials are far better now. Margin is 80% on all sales, the main slight on their results is that they are onlygrowing at 40% this eyar versus 50% last year (hint: covid).

When lockdown ends, there's certain things we'll go back to. Signing documents is certainly not one of them

Don't know anything about them but a 50bn valuation for a company that allows e-signing seems really high.

I don't see the market being that big. In my experience, it was used by high level people in orgs pre pandemic but don't see any use for it outside of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,747 ✭✭✭✭banie01

This and another high risk area for China exposure in ADR's are under serious regulatory risk IMO.

Both onshore in China and for ADR's in the US and EU in particular.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,747 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Ask him how Didi is doing🤦

I agree with you, his day as anything approaching relevant or insightful is long past. If memory serves if you followed his picks this year, you'd be down 28%

I'll see if I can dig out the article, think I say it on Yahoo money.

Loud, ostentatious and seriously any credibility afforded the man should have disappeared with Bear Stearns.

Saw a quote earlier made by Charlie Munger of Berkshire that too many stocks are seriously over valued. Tesla comes to mind along with a few tech stocks

I think BABA is the only one of those to ever turn a profit. Risky portfolio. Still if one of them comes good, it might cover the losses from the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭antimatterx

If BABA goes sub $100, it's far too good (long term) not to buy. Also if PayPal can drop to $150.

• Advertisement

Welp

5 of my 9 stocks are down 7%+

Down nearly 4% for the day.

Might put a stop loss another 10% down on NET because it seems to be on a downswing.

DraftKings and Lemonade - turds

It's far more than e-signing nowadays.

People will go back to gyms rather than Peloton, people will meet people rather than zoom, people will go back to doctors offices rather than Teladoc. Nobody's going back to signing documents rather than clicking a link, no matter what your industry is

Yeah but it's like e-signing....as a 50bn dollar business?

It was 1.5 times the size of Twitter!

Esigning is a feature, not a 50bn business imo.

Jeez, BABA is sinking boys. Grab the lifeboat! Anyone price averaging down?

I'm not gonna push a company on anyone, you've already said you don't know much about Docusign.

Saying its just e-signing is a bit like saying Google is just a search engine. Started out that way, but does far more nowadays.

And I wouldnt compare any profit making business with Twitter. Twitter is famous but has never been able to monetise it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

Picked up a few DocuSign and a few Asana purely based on a hunch that the market has over shot on the negative here with these two. Their results were actually pretty good (but not exceptional), my thinking is the inflation talk, omicron, jobs report all coincided with their results date and they just got hammered. Looking for a quick swing trade here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

Anyone still in Argo?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Checked my portfolio today after staying away from it the last few days. Mother of God.

The only thing performing well is GameStop!

Are people worried about the market long term? Inflation, China, Turkeys debt. Maybe I'm overthinking it.

Advertisement