Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VGA to HMDI Monitor - No Signal?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Wouldn't VGA output to that monitor be completely pointless given the limits of resolution of VGA?

Although I believe that PC also has Display Port so you could try that (looks like the monitor had that as well)

Post edited by mordeith on

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭topazblue

The VGA limitations isn't something I considered to be honest.

Unfortunately, the PC doesn't have a display port. VGA is the only viable output.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Really obvious question but has to be asked: Are you using USB to power this? A lot of people think the HDMI will have enough power to cover this but they often don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

Looks like the converter has a power input (micro USB). This should be connected to a power supply, or a USB port on the PC (try more than one, in case not enough power can be drawn from it). The product description is not very clear: they say power is required, but I can't tell if they provided a power supply or just a cable.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,239 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I have one of these (or a rebranded clone), and the there's a short USB cable coming out of the unit for power.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭topazblue

Thanks for the help everyone. Turns out it was just a crap converter. I bought a new one on Amazon and it works.

For anyone looking for a converter this is the one that works:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B072NCTBVP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Advertisement