Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thoughts on dromiskin area

Options
  • 13-11-2015 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hello
    We are looking at relocating to the dromiskin area. Has anyone any thoughts on what it is like to live in?
    Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭bridster007

Good schools, convenient location, fibre broadband, good mobile coverage, no anti social problems. Well established area.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭R11

Thinking of moving to Dromiskin myself. What's it like now? Has it got a little "rougher" recently? Always seemed a nice wee place but I haven't been out there for a few years.

Anyone any local knowledge? Drove through it earlier and seems a nice spot. A few sold signs in the area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

R11 wrote: »
    Anyone any local knowledge? Drove through it earlier and seems a nice spot. A few sold signs in the area.

Post #2

Is it still the same now as when that was posted?

• Advertisement

Is it still the same now as when that was posted?
    It's a disaster
    In the short 15 months since my last post

Schools replaced by hedge schools
    All access roads blocked
    Fibre replaced by ISDN dial up
    Mobile replaced by smoke signals
    Nightly race riots

And to top it all off....now no more Sunday mass, only Saturday night.

But welcome !!

Well, all it takes is a few gurrier families and their teenage tear aways to move in and bring down the reputation of a nice place..... But thanks for your sarcastic reply anyhow.

Well, all it takes is a few gurrier families and their teenage tear aways to move in and bring down the reputation of a nice place..... But thanks for your sarcastic reply anyhow.

Indeed .. or a few with no sense of humour.:)

My sense of humour is fine.... Take your sarcasm over to the After Hours forum, you'll get more appreciation there.
    I'm just looking for honest, informative opinions on a place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Nothing has changed since the earlier post, which was accurate. It was just over a year ago.

• Advertisement

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

It's honestly much nicer now than it was even a few years ago imo, which isn't to say it was in any way bad before, but a lot has been put into community development. It has one of the best tidy towns committees in the county I would say. There's also been a lot of impetus put on its historical significance and interest.

There's loads of plaques in place now all over the village and its surrounding area outlining the history and significance of various landmarks and structures.

All in all it's a nice place to be. And that's from an outsider who doesn't live there.

Thanks for that, good to hear. We're looking at a few different places near Dundalk. We've 2 young kids, is there a small playground in Dromiskin? I know there's one in Blackrock which is not too far away.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭faughs

Hi Guys,

We have been looking at houses in Dromiskin as relocating from Dublin to be closer to home. Is there a bus of any sort from Dromiskin to Dublin without driving in to Dundalk? seems like a lovely village from any visit we have made.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

168 from Dromiskin Cross to Drogheda, or 100 from anywhere on the Dundalk-Castlebellingham Road (can be waved down) to Drogheda, and then swap to the 100x.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭faughs

Hey guys, would anyone have any idea who the best broadband provider is in the area, with best speed. My wife will be working from home on a regular basis and we have just bought a property in the area. Thanks a mill

Advertisement