Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,662 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Back in the day when I was an office admin, I got a call from a recruiter...

Recruiter: Hi Dial Hard, we have your CV on file and I was wondering if you'd be interested in a junior administrator position we have open?

Me: Well I'm long past my junior days, but what's the role and where is it?

Recruiter: Well, it's a Junior C++ Administrator in-

Me (cutting in): Let me stop you right there...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,735 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Just heard a clip of it there on Pat Kenny‘s show on Newstalk, the tense music behind it was a joke. Like something you’d get on ‘The Apprentice’ before someone gets fired. Just really low carry on.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,578 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Just the height of f*cking laziness like. I am not going to make crap career move because some moron can't read a CV or a LinkedIn profile.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 25,309 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

My neighbor works down the docks somewhere doing shift work...coming in from work this morning around 4.45 am...as is the case once or twice a month now the stupid fûcking cûnt sets off his house alarm...

here is how it works, it’s not complicated....

door open—go to alarm keypad—key in alarm code—alarm doesn’t sound having been deactivated—none of your 750-800 neighbors are woken up....

He is ex directory but if I had his phone number I’d gladly repeatedly keep the cûnt awake himself every time he does that... all morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Just seen a piece on the news about some artistic group in Belfast winning the Turner Prize.

Fair play to them, but two of the "collective" had babies straddled to them for the awards ceremony, and a third had a toddler in tow. Maybe I am old fashioned, or just don't understand the arts world, but I would have thought tagging a child that young along to such an event would be a very silly/selfish thing to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

In fairness once you hit return it sends and people are used to email format. I’ve been caught out a few times sending a Hi Mary and then nothing while I type the rest of my message, and a Mary thinks I’ve lost the plot sending her a message to say hi 😂

TA drivers who put their indicators on last minute on a roundabout, just as you were about to move

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

this is not someone typing "good morning" and then typing their actual question. this is someone typing "good morning" and then waiting for you to respond before they even start to ask their question.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Ish66

Both happened on my way home.

Get Petrol, Car in front pulls in at the first pump and leaving the 2nd pump in front of him free.

Bastard Bin Men. Bin Co's ask you to leave the bin out with the handle towards the road, Yet they put them back with the handle facing inwards which means they have to swivel each bin around after emptying and leave handle facing the gaff, WTF ? Why ?

Apart from that all good now, Some Lambs Liver and Onions in a while and all good again. Just a rant 🤬

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭The Mighty Quinn

Well, petrol stations usually, or very often, have access from both sides, not a one way in, out system, so if yer man ahead of you pulls in to the farthest pump, some fella coming in the other way is tutting. Can't win.

Also, your bin men "dilemma", I wish I had your problems!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

Everyone talking about Covid!

Would ye ever F-off.

Go and stand in line for 2 hours for jab of old strain. Amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭landofthetree

People saying "I build a house".

No you didn't. You hired an architect,engineer and builders to do it.

People whom when you make an agreement with them don’t follow their part through... but they expect you not only to do your part as agreed but xx% more on top of it....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Why must my artificial christmas tree make putting it up so unpleasant? My hands are scratched to bits, I get constant shocks off the damn thing and I think I've hurt my back stretching up to put the star on the top.

In better news, I have my tree up at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

People, like me, who post in this thread instead of the “Things That Trivially Annoy You” one. 😡

edit: this post makes no feckin’ sense now!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

The only thing I like with a harp on it it is a can of chilled draught Guinness. :) I honestly don't know why the post was quoted twice in my post, tried to delete one but no x, there, there's my trivial annoyance.*

*Mod: You're welcome.

Post edited by New Home on

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Mood music. What an absolute fcuk of a phrase..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Was halfway down my road this morning when I realised that the insides of my runners are still a bit wet from yesterday evening's deluge. Also, the fella ahead of me in the bus queue held everything up while trying to pay with a €50 note. At least it's Friday and this morning the bus is a nice comfy coach instead of a cold, rattly auld double decker.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭spookwoman

And the ones that leave the buggy sticking half out onto the road while waiting to cross. Then the others that seem to use the buggy as a bulldozer in crowds or use as a device to stop traffic. Oh I'll just push the baby into traffic and that will make them stop so I can cross here instead of having to walk 50m to the pedestrian crossing where it's safe for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,735 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

TA’d that I picked up a 4 roll packet of decorative toilet paper thinking it was kitchen towel.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,662 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

At the risk of sounding like a complete NIMBY, the Dodder Greenway. I'm sure it'll be great for cyclists when it's finished, but my section of the park has been closed for months and the amount of hedgerows they removed and general habitat destruction would break your heart.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,495 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Matter what you order in the Chinese it will be 10 to 15 minutes and rarely is!

"The bullshít" ™ TA Those who talk shít for t'sake of levity... What with the 'restrictions' an' all; I thought that only those who had an 'appointment' (a joke, but it is whar it is/or was, cos folk should have been let go to the courthouse all along) could go to the district or circuit 'on a jolly' - like Blanche used to do in Corrie 😁... TA over on another thread, there's some chap wiv an English provisional, and he was caught uninsured; well some peeps be saying "let me know when it's on.." ... "I'll be there" etc,,- assuming that he'll be marched up the steps - dat kind o' shoyt.. No, you won't be there, cos ya aint allowed.. Some of them same "I'm going along haha" type folks are prob sticklers for the restrictions, and all that fkd up bs..

Also, TA those who say "I was that soldier" ... No, you was never any kind of soldier.. go away and shoyght... 😛

PS TA to the above... anyone what's ever had a negative opinion re those who imbibe, or avail; of coke, or 'sex workers' , respectively, who comes out with the "coke and hookers" haha slash smilyeface type bs.. yiz hypcrital kyrnts kn eff right off 2 😂 😦 Bad sess to yere speaking outta both sides of yizzer mouths, but somehow for comedy's sake  , ye don't mind being hypocrital mendacious fooks .. 😒

TA where's me ruddy access to the r & r forum.... That's where I wanna post me negative roomy nations 😖

Getting bones in fish. Puts me right off.

TA cutting up the cheese inside the resealable pouch, but then it gets awkward as I try to manipulate the seal part to close, with me one clean hand, and the outside of the 'hand that takes cheese out of pouch' hand; so as to keep pouch, as well as fridge surface clean; which usually ends up with a TA the cheesy crumbs falling on the floor 😃 😢

Sitting down to lunch at my folks, almost done when the doorbell rings (it’s 2.05).. fella from the charity my dad is involved with looking to collect documents regarding an event they put on... my dad had told him he’d drop the stuff into his porch tonight but “ ohhh I know, thanks, I just had one or two questions and seeing as I was passing “ as the completely maskless cûnt stands in the hall... my dad too damn polite to get him to leave instead gets him a mask halfway into his stay for all the good at that stage.....

” I know, around lunchtime-ish, during a pandemic I’ll invite myself over uninvited to a neighbors and stay there waffling the ears off him in his hallway for 20 minutes, because I dislike phones, or whatever... “

Have often thought about doing a parody (wouldn't have the wherewithal to do any videos or that, but thought entered me noggin anyway) of them fake soigne charity kernts.. One scene in me parody would involve a high heel wearing bird - on her way to receive her honorarium for 'services to the homeless' - and she running late for the shindig, and just after getting out of the jo maxi, and it lashing down... In her hurry to get indoors, she doesn't notice a homeless guy lying down, soaked, on the footpath.... so she steps on him, and barely turns around to fk him out of it, before she continues on her entitled way to receive her 'deserved adulation' ; as if getting €300 large as CEO of the organisation that gives about 12 measly % of it's profits to the cause weren't enough..

Not sure who the MC would be - maybe Brian Ormond, or one of the Byrams..

Fkin charity kernts...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

The way all the L and size 9 clothes and shoes are gone and there's only Andre the Giant and child sizes left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Dead right. I always thought that they came on Jan 6, or old Christmas day as the oldies say

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement