Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk Thread VI - Some like it TOH

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭KBurke85

It’s on the Master of none podcast twitter page

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭Zeugnis

Is Roydon Swift IQ?

I think it's premature to talk about departures. Especially seeing as we've no idea how Buckley's recovery is going nor how robust he will be on return.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Agreed. Also as far as I gather this lad is still in school, barring him being one of the very rare exceptions, it’s highly unlikely he will appear for Connacht senior team before 2024 at least, hard to imagine an academy arrival will have any impact on senior team departures.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

Still think we can't allow to have 4 TH for 18 games

this year McGrath covered both sides in theory becauce of Buckley injury

but next it will be 6 or 7 props max IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Mr Tickle

This is far from medical evidence but for what it's worth I saw Dennis Buckely walking around in Dublin a couple of weeks back. No obvious limp or brace/crutches from what I could see. Fingers crossed (mine, not his)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Aki out for the Leinster match with a knee injury

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

Mack Hansen currently has the most tries scored, clean breaks, defenders beaten, and metres made in the league, as well as the third most turnovers conceded.

Robb and Farrell not on trainning pics, Forde is

Bolton will be 13 if we've Robb, and 12 if Farrell is the only available

Butler played good last week, but I would still introduced Prendergast 6, keep the backrow unchanged, with Oliver on the bench (harsh but will be a perfect impact player)

Blade and Fifita'a to start to bring a physical threat vs Leinster

O'Donnell relative experience (or TOH) rather than McNulty

• Registered Users Posts: 4,809 ✭✭✭b.gud

Frank Murphy confused at Connacht training yesterday as he trys to figure out which Connacht scrums he should give the penalty against 😀

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭dockysher

Question on tickets for stade game on sunday week. I go to a few games ever year and always go for main terrace, now one of my mates wants to go to stade game and all that is left is college road or bohermore tickets.

I seen at last match that a lot of fans especially from bohermore terrace side could go into main terrace area during game, was that just cause of how bad the weather was on friday or does this happen a lot?

Just wondering will I be able meet up with my mate at halftime or whenever during game?

Or even better if anyone has a spare main terrace ticket for match be great. 😀

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭Lost Ormond

That was due to how bad the weather was and that there was space in the main terrace because of the weather. thats unlikely to be the way for the stade game. you will still be able to meet up with your mate at half time etc during the game be it at bars etc

Team named

CONNACHT RUGBY MATCHDAY 23 VS LEINSTER RUGBY

Friday 3rd December, RDS Arena @ 19:45

Number/Name/Caps

15. Oran McNulty (3)

14. Alex Wootton (23)

13. Sammy Arnold (21)

12. Peter Robb (48)

11. Mack Hansen (6)

10. Jack Carty (165) (C)

9. Kieran Marmion (192)

1. Matthew Burke (29)

2. Dave Heffernan (150)

3. Finlay Bealham (165)

4. Oisín Dowling (12)

5. Ultan Dillane (120)

6. Eoghan Masterson (114)

7. Conor Oliver (26)

8. Jarrad Butler (79)

16. Shane Delahunt (106)

17. Jordan Duggan (18)

18. Jack Aungier (19)

19. Leva Fifita (2)

20. Cian Prendergast (14)

21. Caolin Blade (136)

22. Conor Fitzgerald (40)

23. Tom Farrell (65)

Huge show of faith in Oran McNulty, he must be very highly rated. Not a fan of that backrow at all, the least physical combination we could possibly pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Wegians89

Not a fan of that back row or centre combination. Need to be feeding the back three.

Strange selection. Wonder why they didn't start Farrell and Prendergast - easing them back in after their injuries? And where's Boyle?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Disappointed not to see Paul Boyle involved, his carrying seems to have improved a lot this season, would have been tempted to stick with Arnold Bolton but Robb does have a tendency to return from long injury spells and put in huge performances, hopefully he does it again.

Up against literally a team of internationals with another three or four to come on. 17 point underdogs reflects scale of challenge. After Connacht winning in Dublin last January and Ulster winning there last week, no chance of complacency in Leinster ranks either.

I would have preferred to see Ross Byrne starting, Harry is more dangerous. Luke McGrath looked poor last week against Ulster and it’s one position where Leinster lack a bit of depth with Gibson Park out.

It will likely be decided by the forwards though, if Connacht can live with them up front (no easy task) they can make a game of it. If not it could be a long evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,809 ✭✭✭b.gud

Disappointed not to see Paul Boyle involved

It looked like he was sitting out training based on the photos the last day so he might have a knock.

Is this the first time Henshaw has played against Connacht since moving East?

we're highly underdogs yes

except Heff Bealham Hansen and Masterson/Prendergast who are on a par with their counterparts

And Carty, Marmion, Dillane superior to Byrne McGrath and old-Toner (whatever Irish coaches said)

The rest is scary

Butler has to be as good as he was last week, he wasn't recently

Robb is good in defence and carrying but has to be immaculate with ball-handling

Wootton has to tackle, Arnold has to avoid tackles not to conceed meters and turovers

Burke McNulty Oliver and Dowling, big ask for all 4

But let's enjoy this, good experience for all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 mackattack11

Leinster obviously don’t wanna lose 2 in a row with the team they named

Yep first time Henshaw will play against Connacht. was named in the team once before but was a late withdrawal

Looking forward to seeing Dowling in a big game, think he's been quietly building some good form this season. Not the most physical lock but has an excellent engine and is a very good defensive line out jumper.

I fancy Cian Prendergast to announce himself in a major way if he gets decent minutes off the bench. Has been one of our best players literally every game he's played since his debut, and was starting to get name dropped by the Kinsellas and Jackmans of this world before he got injured.

Huge test for Matthew Burke, he's stepped up very well this season but Alaalatoa is an excellent prop who has quite a bit of a weight advantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭ElisaAtWar

Was wondering if Connacht rugby would have the balls to select the same team that was fab last week. Is this a recurring issue in Irish rugby and if so I like it lots.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭ElisaAtWar

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭MrTea

Anyone got a ticket, or pair of tickets they want to offload?

Does that mean Josh is going to rip Connacht a new one? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,586 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Connacht have been great to watch this season but i fear for them tonight.

A lot of Leinster players in form, point to prove in the RDS, bundee missing is big.

A losing BP would be a great return, keeping leinster from 4 trys is going to be a big ask and this is a big test of where the ‘new’ connacht is this season.

Advertisement