Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM, or WLM? [MOD WARNING: FIRST POST]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭BattleCorp1

The car driver is a dodgy character, that's all we know so far.

There could be a multitude of reasons why the car went into the crowd and we don't know which one it is yet.

1. He meant to do it.
    2. He was fleeing an incident and accidentally did it.
    3. Something wrong with him - psychiatric condition/seizure.
    4. Something was wrong with the vehicle - mechanical failure etc.

He seems like a scummy fcuker but I'll withhold my judgement until more information is available.

"Fleeing a crime scene" the way the media are using it sounds a bit like "crossed state lines". A truth used in a dishonest way. I've seen some footage and nothing suggests he was being chased.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Rittenhouse: “I’m not a racist person. I support the BLM movement. I support peacefully demonstrating.”

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭Cordell

I'm still waiting for a reaction from BLM regarding that black racist supporter (or member) that killed 5 and injured 40. Nothing yet.

I mean, not necessarily an apology for reinforcing the anti white racism in black people, but at least to distance themselves and condemn violent racism as they should wherever it appears.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,858 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭The Quintessence Model

• Registered Users Posts: 21,674 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

What a fcuking ridiculous post.

Do they have to comment on every crime carried out by a black person to validate themselves in your eyes? It might make a fraction of sense if all their opponents were doing the same whether it be talking about mass shootings, or insurrections, or racist marches or whatever. But no, no need for any of that, but those advocating for black people, they really need to ensure that there is absolutely no way that they can be associated with crimes committed by others of the same race.

You post is actually a perfect example of the hardwired motivations some have to challenge any advocates for a particular cause.

It's their seventh year. Can you point me to the racial tensions and division that arose out of such a call in any of the previous 6 years?

That's not the point. Calling for a boycott of businesses based solely on the skincolour of those who own those businesses is racist.

If a conservative group came out calling for a boycott of businesses because the owners are black you'd be rightly labeling it racist. So, will you do that here?

It's yet another example of how the right and left in America are as bad as each other over there.

• Advertisement

It's yet another example of how the right and left in America are as bad as each other over there.

Nowhere close to being the case, no matter how many times you or others try to pretend that it is the case.

What, what?! Calling out racism and violence and racist murderers is "fcuking ridiculous" now?!

They aren't simply "advocating for black people", they are advocating against white people. Latest example - they aren't calling for support of black businesses, they are calling for boycott of white businesses. They are a vile racist organization that is at least partially responsible for that mass murder, just like the white supremacists organizations are partly responsible for white supremacist murders.

You can keep pretending it isn't. No surprise you dodged answering whether there call is racist or not, because you know it is. And of course this emboldems the fact that both sides there are as culpable as each other when it comes to the present day racial tensions that exist.

So, I'll give you another chance: Do you accept what they are calling for is racist?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭batman_oh

I'm sure if there was a white group calling for white people to only support white businesses and avoid those owned by black people that Tell me How would think that was totally fine, just like the above!

They are a vile racist organization that is at least partially responsible for that mass murder, just like the white supremacists organizations are partly responsible for white supremacist murders..

You are really showing your colours trying to link the organisation with that crime. Another thread was shut down at the weekend because of attempts of some posters to do the same with zero real world evidence to support it.

You either don't know what you are talking about, or are blinded by some other motivation. Either way, it's pretty telling to see such a blatant effort to undermine calls for the fair treatment of people at the hands of police.

They're asking that people don't support organisations that they feel are complicit in their oppression. On that basis, I don't think it is evidence of racism or whatever you want it to be. I think it is ill advised because it allows the Daily Mail and its readers to accuse them of such but they are not prohibiting white businesses from operating, they're advocating that people support black businesses.

I don't agree with them because I don't think all white businesses are guilty of what they are accusing them of, but I don't see it as racist to advocate that people support their own community over another when they feel their community needs support.

I can go further, because I know you are looking to be able to claim 'BLM are racist', there is no doubt that you will find some people within BLM or their supporters who are most definitely racist. But that doesn't denigrate the entire movement or the ideal that people are treated equally and fairly. And if you want to know how that is different to how racist police are viewed, A, police are hired specifically for the purpose of keeping people safe. B - They are paid for by the public, to keep the public safe. C- There is plentiful evidence to indicate racism within policing communities is a significant issue D - There should always be steps to root out behaviour which is unacceptable. None of these apply to the BLM cause, except maybe the last one, based on this story, and I'd be perfectly fine with them having to correct their message.

Racism drives violence and this is why they share responsibility for that attack. Also, argue the point but don't tell me what I can't say.

They are a racist organization and they don't call for fair treatment. How is it fair to boycott white businesses just because they are white? How is it not racist?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,490 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Wasting your metaphorical breathe arguing with someone who consistently posts in bad faith

To answer your question first, because they believe (at least whoever has access to their instagram account does) that at least some white business are complicit in their oppression. I don't think it is that complicated even though, as I said I disagree with such a position.

In terms of having them share responsibility for that attack. You should email Beasty with whatever evidence you have to support that and he might reopen the thread on it. I'm not going to go in to the specifics of that case or the fabricated links between it and this topic as I made my point already on that thread.

'They're asking that people don't support organisations that they feel are complicit in their oppression. On that basis, I don't think it is evidence of racism or whatever you want it to be. I think it is ill advised because it allows the Daily Mail and its readers to accuse them of such but they are not prohibiting white businesses from operating, they're advocating that people support black businesses.'

If that what they believe they are even more crazy then I had already thought.

'I don't agree with them because I don't think all white businesses are guilty of what they are accusing them of, but I don't see it as racist to advocate that people support their own community over another when they feel their community needs support.'

They have explicitly picked out white owned businesses, they could've said shop in black owned businesses but that is not what they are doing, they are calling for a boycott of certain businesses based solely on the skin colour of the people who owned those businesses. Again, if a conservative group was advocating for people to boycott black owned businesses, we both know fully well you'd consider it racist, because it is. They are targeting one particular demographic, it's not advocation it's racism.

'I can go further, because I know you are looking to be able to claim 'BLM are racist', there is no doubt that you will find some people within BLM or their supporters who are most definitely racist.'

I'm not 'looking' for anything, it's right in front of my eyes. And this isn't just 'some people', it's the Global network!

'But that doesn't denigrate the entire movement or the ideal that people are treated equally and fairly.'

So we've still no real condemnation from this blatant act of racism then?

'And if you want to know how that is different to how racist police are viewed, A, police are hired specifically for the purpose of keeping people safe. B - They are paid for by the public, to keep the public safe. C- There is plentiful evidence to indicate racism within policing communities is a significant issue D - There should always be steps to root out behaviour which is unacceptable. None of these apply to the BLM cause, except maybe the last one, based on this story, and I'd be perfectly fine with them having to correct their message.'

I've no idea why you are talking about racist policing..

• Advertisement

It's not their instagram, it's directly from the website:

'We’re dreaming of a #Blackxmas. That means no spending with white companies from 11/26/2021 – 01/01/2022.'

https://blackxmas.org/

We are against racism but won't condemn a campaign encouraging people to not do business with certain people based solely on the colour of their skin.

BLM supporters eh?

great bunch of lads.

Sure one of the founders, a marxist, left because they'd signed some sort of deal with Warner bros, and they also have some sort of deal with YouTube. Grifter central.

I've no idea why you are talking about racist policing..

Really? On the BLM thread? Maybe you should look in to it.

If being on the side of asking that police treat all people equally, or trying to prevent people doing so, I'm more than happy to be on the side I'm on.

I did say I disagree with their campaign. Doubt you missed that, you just want to ignore it.

Yes. On the BLM thread. Where we are discussing a recent initiative promoted by BLM which is unequivocally racist.

I didn't miss that you disagreed with it. I also didn't miss that you don't think it's racist.

I want police to treat people equally too. I just don't support racism (and organisations that are racist) as a means to end racism.

It's not relevant to the points being raised. I see you still haven't condemned the blatant racism.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

If the campaign is to target businesses that oppress black people why are businesses that oppress black people not targeted instead of “white owned businesses”.

This would suggest that black owned businesses don’t exploit black people which is clearly nonsense.

Inevitably there are white owned businesses which do not exploit black people and black owned businesses which do but the whole campaign is distilled into a boycott white business message. Stupid and racist.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Advertisement

It's beyond parody at this stage.

There is real racism. It shouldn't be tolerated.

This is as clear as an example as you will find.

Advertisement