Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marijuana Stocks, legalities for Irish Investors?

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭RainInSummer

Was the area that gave me my first decent gains. Think Aphria was up 60% when I sold it.

It also coincided with me abandoning my diversification approach and concentrating on one area.

How come the industry has become beaten down? Surely people are still buying, marijuana was never a spectator sport, it suits lockdowns.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭Treppen

Canada was built on hype. So when the dust selected people started to look and see if there was major profits to be made. Not really major profits being made, well not what was promised anyway. Also the medical wonderdrug story hasn't really panned out.

In short , lots of ordinary noobs got burned on the Canadian rollercoaster, so people are hesitant about piling in on USA. And maybe it's already priced in there, and awaiting a strong push from federal which isn't really happening.

I predict it'll kick off in February.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭RainInSummer

Cheers Treppen, best of luck with it.

I won't have funds for a couple of years til I exit my current sector anyways. Good to keep an eye on things nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,451 ✭✭✭garrettod

Thanks,

G.

Advertisement