Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model S

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Enhanced Autopilot (EAP) is AP2 with lane change,summon, and navigate on autopilot included.

"Highway autopilot with convenience features" is AP1 with all the above except NOA. This was originally sold as EAP too, until AP2 differentiated itself from AP1 with NOA.

TLDR? Too many TLA? #sorrynotsorry :P

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭russelldlee

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭russelldlee

Ultimately what I'm reading is, EAP/AP2 is not really worth it and shouldn't be a deal breaker when looking for a car.

AP2 is much better than AP1. AP1 is standalone and will not be improved. AP2+ can be upgraded to FSD, or adding EAP if you dont have it. The downside of buying an AP2+ car is that, if it doesnt have FSD/EAP then to change lanes you have to disable AP.

Theres a much bigger gap from no AP to AP1, than there is from Ap1 to AP2.

• Advertisement

That car is long since sold. I dont know what website you are using but everyone uses DD or Carzone.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

Well I doesn't say sold does it so how am I to know , I'm really sorry if I wasted your time , I must check out done deal and carzone ....

The point is, that website is outdated because it's not either donedeal or carzone.

I recognised that car from like 6 months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭BigAl81

Ha, one more part coming next week as well! Ranger will do it at my house, anti roll bar / drop link sway bar for 80 quid all in so won't complain too much about that. Hopefully that's if for a while now, but worth every penny, it's a super machine :D

Yeah on the breaks, I did ask here a few pages back, and got replies like "You just need to find an indy that doesn’t sh1t their pants when you mention Tesla!", so decided for breaks on a 2.5 tonne fast car, it wasn't worth the risk so and happy to have them done right at least from Tesla direct. They should last another 200,000kms now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 65,399 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

LOL literally every single garage in the country can change brakes on a Tesla. Just buy the parts and fit them. Same as any other car. Nothing different or special about Teslas here...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

The point is that if its not on Donedeal or Carzone then its sold.

Those back end sites you quoted pull their ads from the main sites and are not updated at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭garo

Finally got the 12V battery changed after two months of waiting for the part. Steven the ranger showed up and did the job in 15 minutes. Cost 181 which is not bad. Now finally I can get rid of the annoying warning and the refusal to update software.

You must have a facelift car. Not even Super Steven on steroids, coke and speed could change the battery on a pre-facelift in 15 minutes 😂

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Bjorn covered the battery location in recent video where he added front LED array lights to his P85, it's not in the best place alright.

I wouldn't have the bits to get to it so for €181 that was real good value

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

In a facelift car, you can DIY in about 30-45 minutes easily. Not sure exactly what battery goes in, but maybe costs €90, so an easy saving if you DIY, that said, if my car were still under warranty, I'd probably have it done by Tesla, also for the convenience

In a pre-facelift car, there is not a hope in hell that Tesla would replace the battery for €181 all in 😂

You should have a brand new 12v, Tesla replace it when they replace a HV battery which I think you had done earlier this year

Oh really, wasn't aware of that at all! Yes my HV battery was replaced in December of last year. That's another worry gone, it should be good for another couple of years so. If I still have the car when it needs replacing, I will likely stick in a LiFePo4 battery

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Yes Tesla replaced my 12v too when the HV went in my previous MS

OK that was a bit of a misconception. Tesla only replace the 12V when there was an error relating to it coming up in the logs around the time the HV was giving trouble. Tariq doublechecked and my own 12V was NOT replaced

Got a nice shiny brand new bonnet now and Tesla did a great job cleaning my car up too, which was filthy from the recent bad weather. I also got there with not enough range to make it back home (first night frost day of the winter when I drove out - forgot how the range falls off a cliff when that happens), forgot to tell them, but they had more than sufficiently topped the car up. Fair play to them. They also alerted me that I needed new brakes up front and I told them they should have been done this week already, but had to postpone as Tesla took a bit longer with my car than they reckoned.

Mixed feelings handing the Model 3 P back in. I like it for a change as it is tight as hell, chuckable and incredibly quick. I don't mind it has a hard ride. The missus didn't mind it is nice and small in parking garages. But the kids were not impressed. Far too small for 3 teenagers in the back. And I didn't even ask the dog 🤣 Glad to have my own car back. It really does everything for everybody.

• Advertisement

Any signs of progress on the SFord SuC? I'm up there next week, a chunking sound coming from front suspension which is known on the S and X

Rear tyres on a 85 model, any recommendations?

Sides of tyre fine but worn in centre which points to over inflating but I check it every few weeks and always have around 44psi versus 45psi recommendation

I went with michelin pilot sport 4 as it was what was on the car. I'd just replace like with like unless there was cheap chinese tires on it or i had specific concerns

Previous owner had different makes front and back so I think I'll replace back with what's on the front to match up, bit annoyed at the over inflating though when I've been sticking to recommended pressure

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭sh81722

What make of tyres are they out of interest? I don't think I have ever heard that happening with modern good quality tyres. The opposite can still happen (shoulder wear) though if your tyres are seriously uninflated.

Good Years, don't know exactly, car in Sandyford at minute looking at a few warranty issues

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Vinnymcdonnell

Picked up a Model S there and already planning the upgrades such as the powered froot/frunk and CCS upgrade. Have a M3 performance also, but the S will be more so the wifes car as we needed the extra space. Pretty happy with it must say.

Just have to wait on the logbook now to get the app working and check if it really does have the free supercharging was told it apparently has!

Delighted it has the ventilated seats though, real nice thing to have in the warmer months and seems to be a rare thing in them!

Your logbook won’t tell you anything re free SuC, just rock up to a SuC and plug in is the only way. In the car itself under the charging menu it should say “no recent Supercharging” under the Supercharging menu, this also means free SuC. Best of luck with it

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Vinnymcdonnell

I know the logbook wont, but cannot add it to my cars on the Tesla account until it comes which will have the spec and if the Supercharging is on if there

• Advertisement

For anyone interested in not paying silly Tesla prices for basic maintenance: I just had my front brake pads and brake disks (Brembo - I saw the box) replaced by my local garage on my P85. Total cost €450 incl. labour. Tesla charge near double this for a standard Model S. Don't know if the performance uses the same disks as the standard or bigger ones.

Advertisement