Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 22 Ultimate Team discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Avon8

Was expecting the usual tryhards and drop back tactics in this second edition of elite div but thought the toxic stuff like long celebrations or pausing after late winners might be gone as experienced players might have that out of their system. Was very wrong, as toxic as any game mode I've played.

Am still hovering around the 1800 SR I started with so winning as much as losing, will take that as a small victory as I have the worse team in 90% of games. Love using 3-5-2 in general but it does have its limitations, namely the left and right cb not being good enough on the ball or agile/quick enough to recover in the case of a standard cb like Militao, or my current two full backs pigeon holed there (Alba & Navas) getting bullied by Mbappe and Ginola etc. Will try to plug on with 3-5-2 anyway as it's enjoyable and aim to improve those spots next

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

You could try full backs in the right and left CB role, i seem to remember that worked in fifa 21, might work in this to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,838 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Needed 1 win for Elite and this happens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,160 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Davy05

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 54,071 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

82 rated is fairly low, so you probably aren't that invested in PL cards?

Lewandowski is hard to link without going Bundesliga. There are no good Polish PL players you can link him with. I think Szczesny is the only other Polish player rated in the mid/high 80s and he's no use to you.

If it were me, I'd switch to Bundesliga. Or else I'd sell Lewandowski for the coins if he's tradeable.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Looks like these are the players on the loading screen. Awec better have all his savings ready for that Dybala!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Internet is finally back to normal after Eir spending the entire day at the house.. back to winning too. Nakamura and Miuira occupying the CAM/ST positions.. lots of fun. Miuira’s finishing/passing is a bit suspect tho so he often comes off for FB Benzema. Sitting at 6.3m now and no urge to upgrade the team… will hold out for TOTY Mbappe & co.

I only have 150k coins!

But that Dybala is getting acquired. Do you think he'll be an SBC or just packs?

Yeah that's what I'm doing currently. I have Navas and alba either side of Militao. It's not ideal but spent all my coins on Messi so hopefully they can hold up until something better comes along

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Getting fed up of playing the same teams over and over again. This new Benzema seems to be the latest recruit for 9 out of 10 players I come up against.

Also, that new Silver Beasts challenge is really easy to do in just 5 squad battles games. It gives a Rare Mega Pack which I am keeping for TOTGS tomorrow.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

He’ll be in packs. They had a SBC for him last year and it was cracked, every team I came up against had him and he waltzed through my defence every game. My biggest regret last year was not doing him.

The objective player is looking like it could be Haller 😣

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Unfortunately I don't think Dybala is in according to the usual leakers.

That player on the left seems like it could be Sane to me?

Apparently Chiesa is in, so Serie A not getting totally screwed over.

are they all just +1? hardly worth the hassle.

Agreed! Some +1s are really not worth it, minimal difference. Take IF Goretzka vs his normal card for example.

Base Stats 504 vs 496

IG Stats 2380 vs 2340

You wont notice anything in game, its all in the mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Davy05

No one can convince me there isn't a 'spontaneity/excitement' algorithm once a match enters the last 5 mins. I've lost count of how many last minute goals I've conceded because of a dodgy touch or ropey keeper decisions. Smh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,569 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I may be wrong but but I think we got the Moments Suarez Objective & Dybala SBC fairly close together last year. What a time that was for super subs!

• Advertisement

Can anyone explain sub chem to me?

Should I be sticking with players who have good chem in my team as a sub? Or can I bring on anyone since sub chem is always 5? e.g. if my team is all Serie A, is it ok to bring on La Liga players?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,712 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Subs are always 5 chem regardless of league, links, positions. Your best bet is players with 90+ pace already as chem styles pretty much do nothing on 5 chem. Wingers and full backs make the best subs IMO, for any position other than CB.

yeah wont affect other players chem, just the guy coming on has 5 so use anyone.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Man, I’m seeing so many weird deflections today, most comin from Mbappe involvement. But I’ve lost three games to weird Og deflections today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Having similar experiences myself. Had to turn the console off there because I’d be liable to smash it up the way things are going. Literally every ball seems to be bouncing against me today even though I’m not playing badly, very odd deflections leading to some bizarre goals conceded and almost two broken controllers. 8 games played in the WL and only 3 wins, but I dominated 7 of those. It’s infuriating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Gyan84

All I want from TOTGS stage is a Henderson or Thiago card with a big enough pace boost to make them usable and 99 volleys.

No Dybala, but yes please 87 Chiesa.

Nkunku with his 53rd special card of the year. I might have to try one of them eventually 😆

The Sane one is a bit pointless, just switched his RTTK back to 88 and moved him to the left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Just packed Kante again, and another tradeable one at that. Really strange, but I won’t complain. 😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,838 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Advertisement