Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are your views on Multiculturalism in Ireland? - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭The Quintessence Model

Yes I do. In their workplaces is one place. I live abroad and my work place was inspected to ensure everyone working there was legally working there.

Sweet lord, you expect hospital staff to firstly check with Gardai, which department of Gardai firstly, before they administer medical aid?

And I believe that the employment sector is regularly checked by persons working in that sector.

I think the ultimate aim (and it's mostly useful idiots doing the bulk of the work) is to undermine cohesion. Keep people arguing and distracted and keep the corporatism show on the road. The people who want it play on the extreme guilt and borderline self-hatred of much of the white European middle-upper management types and anyone who wonders anything at all about it is just a racist.

There was a newspaper report recently about the Brazilian community in Ireland and someone from the Brazilian embassy said the number of Brazilians in the country was way underestimated. No surprise there.

If anyone has a link to the justice ministers scheme from the Irish examiner can they post a link. I heard something about it that I want to confirm, I've searched their website though and can't find the article.

And I'll tell you more, there are thousands of UK and EU citizens living in this country and noone has any idea of who they are!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,101 ✭✭✭archfi

"Those with an existing Deportation Order can apply, if they meet the minimum undocumented residence requirement"

"The scheme that will be announced by the Minister for Justice this morning will include a parallel process for people in Direct Provision. It will allow international protection applicants who have an outstanding application for international protection and have been in the asylum process for a minimum of two years to apply"

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2021/1202/1264556-residency-status/

People who were ordered out of the country but disappeared, now allowed to stay - just because. How can anyone being deported be allowed to 'self-deport' which = disappear. Our shítty weak system on display.

Also, the many Govt funded NGOs had the data/whereabouts etc of many of the illegal immigrants. They were under a legal obligation to pass that onto the authorities but they didn't. This would also have exposed the under minimum wage and minimum wage employers who were operating against the law here and more than likely illegal activity by slum landlords. The NGOs had the data on what employment sectors were involved.

The Greens heavily pushed this nonsense through as part of the price of propping up the other two weak bstard parties and of course they aren't finished yet.

Labour out of the traps with Bacik pushing us towards jus soli again despite the will of the Irish people 17 years ago.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Yeah. The link proved nothing. So on the face of it it looks like a false claim for sure.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

I think the government and the supporters of mass immigration are going to move on from these handy clichés soon and start using fertility as a reason for mass immigration. Ireland's fertility level is falling off a cliff, likely to be 1.5 or less this year. This is normal in a Western European sense but one of the likely reasons for such a rapid fall could well be due to the financial cost now in Ireland of family formation and house buying.

I feel this will be used to justify even more rapid immigration (If that is possible).

Immigration won't solve our fertility rate though, nor will it solve our pension crisis.

At some stage in Ireland some decent, intelligent hard working politicians are going to have to arrive on the scene and put an end to this madness. Look at what is going on in France now, it is almost universally against immigration (either extremely tightly controlled or temporarily stopped altogether) from the current centrist governing party of Macron and those on the center right and far right. The far left in France are about the only ones happy with the current situation.

If Ireland even had a party like Macron's we would have a workable immigration system that could be implemented, unfortunately we don't.

Wow, I thought it was just for undocumented, surely those with deportation orders are documented by the very nature of the fact that we were able to put deportation orders on them in the first place. What an absolute farce and kick in the teeth to law abiding Irish citizens.

It's not just the Labour Party looking to overturn our birthright laws, Sinn Fein want it as well and realistically they will be in power within the next few election cycles.

Where did I include newly arrived migrants in my post?

Go on. Quote the specific wording which supports your claim.

• Advertisement

Oh, I don't believe that there is any such will to do this... I was merely pointing out to Bubbly that it wouldn't be hard to do. However, it doesn't matter how easy or hard it would be, because they're not going to do it regardless.

haha... you do realise that hospital staff already check to see if the average person has insurance or can pay for the services received? You make it sound that there isn't already a system in place to check people's details.

As for the second part, that was included within my own post. You're taking things out of the context of the overall post.

It is amazing how much you deflect. Are you even capable of dealing with a post directly, without hedging or shifting around?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

They're legally entitled to. Slight diff there.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

"The scheme that will be announced by the Minister for Justice this morning will include a parallel process for people in Direct Provision. It will allow international protection applicants who have an outstanding application for international protection and have been in the asylum process for a minimum of two years to apply"

This essentially means that nearly 100% of people claiming "asylum" in Ireland just prior to Covid will now be allowed to stay and become Irish citizens....and you can guarantee the few thousand more who've arrived since will say its unfair and demand the same.

This overall figure of 17,000 will be shown up as a gross underestimate in 6 months time at which stage they will move the goalposts again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

The fallout of this will be interesting to watch if the country gets a reputation as a soft touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭jimwallace197

Surely at this stage, what she & Varadkar are attempting to do amounts to treason. There's no other word for it.

The Treason Act 1939 is an Act of the Oireachtas (Parliament) of the Republic of Ireland. It provides for the punishment of treason and related offences.

Article 39 of the 1937 Constitution of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭The Quintessence Model

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

We are already known as a soft touch. This will massively increase the numbers arriving, the politicians know this though, they just don't care.

So in summary this week alone we've had:

The CSO announcing that there are an extra quarter of a million immigrants in the country that we didn't know about.

Justice Minister announcing a scheme to give 17,000 (at a guess) illegals a pathway to Irish citizenship

Nearly all the thousands of "asylum seekers" who arrived pre covid a pathway to Irish citizenship.

And to top it all off, minor criminal convictions won't disqualify you from this scheme.

If this is controlled immigration, I'd hate to see what uncontrolled immigration looks like.

Where did the CSO say there 250,000 extra immigrants that we didnt know about?

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

On the CSO website. It's where they put out all their communications.

So, no issue with anyone living here, so long as they are legal. Even if we have no idea who any of them are? What about criminals? Sex offenders? Drug dealers? Fraudsters?

You only have issues with people living here illegally, working and contributing, not committing crime, other then being illegal?

Seems your priorities may be a bit skewed.

No they don't check. They ask if a patient has insurance, if they do, they take the details, if they do not, they take whatever details they can and then Bill them.

No checks. And absolutely no Garda involvement.

Terry Pratchet

I linked to it a few pages back. I believe it should still be on the CSO homepage.

I had a look at the link you provided. I cant find anything there that supports your claim. Maybe there is but you will need to be more specific.

https://www.cso.ie/en/releasesandpublications/fp/fp-ipeads/irishpopulationestimatesfromadministrativedatasources2020/

Terry Pratchet

I give up. You're simply incapable of dealing with the post itself.

@Annasopra Still waiting for that quote from you...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭enricoh

If!! I reckon we'll be a staging post now for the UK. A few years here n paddy will give you the necessary passport but please inform welfare before you head over to avoid overpayment!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Perseverance The Second

It will make hardly any difference when you consider how extremely generous a number of European countries like Germany already are and that the UK is still far more attractive in terms of easy benefits (alongside the fact that both aforementioned countries have massive ethnic enclaves)

Advertisement