Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BeebRock II - Music Shows on BBC Four, Sky Arts and everywhere else

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,628 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I love Paul interviews.

There's always a vibe of yeah, I'm very happy to chat about all my deadly stuff. Cos, y'know, I was in The Beatles.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭trashcan

Great nights viewing with McCartney.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,893 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

They really shot the wrong Beatle.

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Here's an edited version of that episode. 3 song removed. Whats the story with this Adrian Rose dude?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭dasdog

Written and produced by Prince - it's trademark almost with euphemism.

• Advertisement

Nirvana's iconic performance and it's one of the best episodes from the early 90's. Altern-8 have the jars of Vick's by the keyboards BBC still not getting it. Ugly cvnt is all I can think of and up his own arse as a tv producer these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,928 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I still don't understand why the BBC needs the permission of its former employees to repeat a show - is it just TOTP affected by this?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,085 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Wasn't there something about James Bolam refusing permission for Whatever Happened to the Likely Lads to be repeated as he had fallen out with Rodney Bewes and did it to spite him so he wouldn't get paid repeat fees?

Probably with TOTP type contract this wasn't a standard clause (ie getting permission from the presenter at the time) as BBC may not have thought they would repeat it?

Maybe the presenter is so embarrassed by their performance they are doing us a favour!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5105909/Rift-Rodney-Bewes-James-Bolam.html

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

Maybe that's what happened to the Dave repeats of Buzzcocks? :)

And seriously, if Alan Davies ever took a hissy fit and denied repeat showings of QI, surely that would collapse Dave overnight,

• Registered Users Posts: 19,628 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Alrighty.

Get Back, is it?

I can definitely do this without getting emotional. Like I may have done when I finally allowed myself to watch the trailer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,893 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Jesus. There's a reason none of the acts sponsored by Prince became successful.

And I'm a big Prince fan...

Edited to add ~.-.~.-.~

Am I the only Beatles fan who thinks Get Back is totally shite. Rubbish song, but it's late Beatles-era Paul, who was soon to be writing songs about sheep farming (and not uncoincidentally got busted smuggling a Camberwell Carrot into Japan)

PMcC's solo era is really just an embarrassment all round, "Live And Let Die" excepted. But jeez, the rest, what was he thinking. No John there to tell him it was shite.

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,928 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Get Back is great, and Macca did a lot of good solo stuff in the early 70s (Ram is a brilliant album)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,382 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

God 30 years since Freddie's death great queen show on bbc2

The tribute was a bit of a landmark concert. Saw Def Leppard's warm up show three days before hand in McGonagles in a word of mouth show. Wasn't even a fan but they played "Now I'm Here" in front of about 400 people and mentioned they were playing Wembley a few days later. Total professionals - sound was amazing.

Lindesfarne documentary last night was excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,622 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

It seems even BBC Four has had enough of the general cruminess of TOTP 1991, and is showing the 1984 Christmas Day Tappypappy!

FRANKIE!

Holly looking amazing as usual.

Working for the flat cap!

Ah, the good ole days when we all lived under the thread of nuclear annihilation.

Good times.

Where’s Jed? :(

The lyric "working for the black gas" is, according to Johnson, "About oil surpassing gold. How you might as well be paid in petrol."[10] And the line "Are we living in a land where sex and horror are the new gods?" was inspired by the 1959 British film Cover Girl Killer. Johnson explained, "The TV was on in the background while I was doing me ironing and suddenly this character came out with that statement."

Next few weeks are going to be like this - that's 1991 done.

• Advertisement

The Reflex! Is a lonely child…waiting by the pork!

Radioactive levels of mullet so far :D

From TOTPFacts

Duran Duran were blown away by Nile Rodgers’s remix. But Capitol Records (EMI’s American wing) initially weren’t… “It sounds too much like something a black artist might do”, they were told. But the band were insistent

Coming up…Paul Weller as Bono!

If you know, you know :D

WAR!!

Seeing Tom Bailey’s Thompson Twins live next week supporting The Human League!

Come at me, keyboard warriors!!

LAST PERSON TO SEE DERMOT MORGAN ALIVE KLAXON!!

Right - I honestly thought this Should Have Known Better tune was one of Simply Red's better tunes.

• Advertisement

:)

Advertisement