Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kieran Creaven at it again..

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,385 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

• Registered Users Posts: 17,064 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

The sequence in which this individual committed his crimes seem to be more important to most posters here than the crimes themselves.

OP got the chronology wrong, change the thread title by all means but the issue here is this guy is worse than any casual observer would have thought.

Glazers Out!

The whole point of the OPs thread was that this guy was off 'at it again!'

Which obviously was not the case of they bothered to read the article.

If imagine everyone is disgusted by his crimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,099 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

in fairness they aren't needed, the police are doing what they can but need extra resources, these groups are only out for themselves and serving their own egos.

there are those simply staying quite and handing over what evidence they are actually seeing to the police, without having to set up accounts pretending to be children, normal people don't do that sort of thing now to be fair.

even the police if they were to do such a thing wouldn't be doing it willingly and officers have all sorts of councilling and more to deal with the effects of that job.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,064 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Another way of looking at it would be that most of us were aware of his arrest in the UK but not these additional crimes.

Yes the OP got the chronology wrong here but there have been more posts about the OP being wrong about the guy being "at it again" in relation to the chronology of events than the crimes themselves.

We can accept the chronology is incorrect here without every second or third post pointing it out or in your case nitpicking about the term "at it again".

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,385 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

If the Police were doing it then these guys would have nothing to do as the perp would already be in custody. Any ones I have seen are a group catching a guy and handing him over to the Police with the relevant evidence. I don't know what the conviction rate is after that.

Vigilanties shouldn't be necessary but tend to appear where there is a lack of (or a perceived lack of) police action.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,099 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

a good number of them actually do have plenty to do apparently, not stuff that would be compatible with the expectations and norms of the majority of society however.

even if we conscripted the majority of people into the police, vigilanties would still exist because things aren't being done to their exact specifications, specifications which aren't viable and are incompatible with the norms expected with any sort of modern justice system.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,554 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

That is idiots being idiots. No evidence linking it to one of these groups. In fact it actually says that it was due to hysteria drummed up by the news of the world.

The Police make mistakes too.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Shao Kahn

California passed laws 20+ years ago, requiring chemical castration as a mandatory requirement for parole.

I think we should consider similar changes to the law here.

Sexual based crimes are very serious, and can leave a trail of misery behind that is every bit as horrible as when someone commits murder.

Because this creep never murdered anyone, our justice system will see him back out on the streets in a very short period of time. He'll be on the sex offenders register, but that's no consolation to anyone who is unlucky enough to be living near him. He will still have these sick urges, and that will make him a constant threat to society. The chances of him re-offending are extremely high.

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives, and it puts itself into our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." (John Wayne)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

So what's the timeline of when he was in prison.

Arrested in late 2017. When did he get put into prison and when did he get out? Was he arrested right away by Irish police and been in prison since?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

I'm also not too bothered about the OPs chronology but more about the fact Creaven was at it.

And him saying he was glad he was caught etc is just pathetic from him. Disgusting individual.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Fattybojangles

Many of them are yeah but if it weren't for them Creaven would still be out the police had never heard of him prior to the hunter group nabbing him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

This little creep has been sentenced to 10 years.

Fair play to the vigilantes.

I know people will say it's wrong but if they set up child accounts and these people initiate the contact then what's the problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭thefallingman

i had to stop reading that it's so disturbing, a ten to twelve year old ffs

this fella doesn't deserve to live

I'm guessing mistaken identity is a real problem. https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/falsely-accused-belfast-man-slams-vigilante-paedophile-hunters-36450259.html

But... if it weren't for these people Kieran Creavan would be holidaying abroad molesting children and doing his best to do so at home too. The vigilantes seem to be a mixed group, some are tragically and bravely victims of child abuse and others are doing to inflate the ego and play cop.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Kieran Creaven jailed for 10 years today with a ruling on post release supervision to be announced at a later date.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭phonypony

The only way ten years would be a suitable sentence is if he had to serve it in a Philippines jail. I'd be happy for my taxes to pay for this. It would undoubtedly be cheaper for me and more brutal for this scümbag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Unfortunately he will only serve 6.5 if he lives long enough.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭hawley

Very naive of him to engage with someone in Britain. Everyone knows that those hunter groups are operating there. I presume that most paedophiles wouldn't make that type of mistake. Also stupid to keep videos of what he did out in the Philippines. Tom Humphries got caught when he gave his old phone to his daughter and she read his old text messages.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,554 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

just seen tonight on Virgin Media 1 at 20 past 10 there's 'Ireland's Paedophile Hunters: True Lives'

so they must be a thing here as well

It doesnt matter. Accusing one single innocent man ruins lives, not just his, but all connected to him.

Do you ever think the guards have arrested the wrong man in all of history?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

I'd love to give a story about him, but I can't.

Let's just say he always had a weirdness of a sexual nature in his ballinasloe days. But it didn't involve underage back then.

If course they have. And when they have the person has recourse through the courts.

And it will without doubt be reported that the gardai made a mistake, the wrong man was arrested, and they will receive an apology from AGS, the commissioner and the minister for justice.

And it will be well known, unlike when vigilantes do it. No smoke without fire, don't ya know

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭The Quintessence Model

• Advertisement

Right... fair enough, I understand why you're reluctant to explain, but give us an idea, if you can or pm me, I won't repost, spread or tell anyone. I'd appreciate it.

As a father of young daughters & sons it's a shocking insight to the lengths these lowlifes to go to to meet up with underage kids, his history was uncovered by impressive work by the Gardai and to be honest, I'd say they only know the half of it regarding Creavan. Nobody has managed to find out who the kids were that he abused in the Philippines so there's bound to be kids he's abused that nobody knows about.

I also think that the Gardai went to town on him (and rightly so) because of the media attention due to the social media video and his high profile job in RTE. I'd say there's lots more of people like him living next door to lots of people like us.

Advertisement