Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part XII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Dr Fred

Tell us what had you so frit the last 6 months….

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭BuildTheWall

• Registered Users Posts: 11,973 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Whilst ruined might be a strong word, I do think it's apt.

There are people who've gone to college and not been able to have a normal experience. There are people who've had to hold off on weddings and progressing with their live due to this. There are people who have likely not had cancer screenings done due to this. Housing has become an even bigger issue on this country due to closing of the construction industry for so long and the knock on effects that has had. There are people, like myself for this one, who suffer with mental health issues and social anxiety and have gone backwards in progress they were making due to the months of being isolated. There are likely people who've taken their own lives due to the social isolation and the lack of outlets they've had due to lockdowns (there's one somewhat famous person who this was a likely contributer to). There are people who've not been able to say goodbye to family members die to travel rules as they've lived in different countries. There are people who have suffered financially a lot through these lockdowns. There are probably countless more examples I can give.

What we're doing in these lockdowns or restrictions is not without a cost. Everyone's acceptance of what that cost should be is probably different but to me, we've gone too far to the wrong side of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭eggy81

No. No they don’t. Who’s the most people you do be talking to. Everyone I know can’t wait to turf these utter utter cnuts out of government. To a man.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭DarkJager21

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭DylanQuestion

Now that you phrase it that way, I know many people who have had examples of that, including some for myself in your list. I misunderstood your use of the word ruined.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭mohawk

Humans just aren’t wired like that. Government can have all the restrictions they want but there comes a time where people will revert back to their normal behaviour. This Christmas there will be more families then last year having a normal Christmas with lots of visitors etc with zero masks and no social distancing. You really think people will give up a decade of their lives or their children’s lives and obediently follow restrictions every year?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,437 ✭✭✭robbiezero

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

We are ultimately chasing worldwide zero Covid. It's not going to happen. It's going to be floating around in variant form for the next decade. There is some pipe dream that people thought we would have that we would have a day where we would have zero Covid cases, even for a day or two. It is not going to happen.

The only way out of this is by us all getting the virus. Unfortunately there will be a lot of people dead. But if the virus has your name on it, its game over anyway. Restrictions or no restrictions.

We are just going to faff around for years doing these semi lockdowns, just to prolonge people's lives in misery and fear for a few years. When people who can be saved from regular ailments are going to die.

Detected cancer was down 13% last year in Ireland. Really? It just dropped magically? Younger people under 50 are developing untreated cancer and other diseases, but they don't matter. Covid stats are what matters.

So we prolonge the virus and the untreated cancer patients will be in a worse state and who had no threat of the virus now, will suddenly be vulnerable with this prolonged virus.

It makes no effing sense in what we are doing. Fighting it month by month with no plan for the future. No acknowledgement of the damage it is doing.

We've had 5000 deaths in Ireland from Covid (and we all know that figure is bullshit). Realistically how many more Covid deaths are we going to have over the next 5 years? Maybe 3-4000.

As I said, detected cancer is doing 13% last year. 45000 get cancer in Ireland every year. 13% is around 5000. Now have 2-3-4 years of 13 percents. That is just cancer alone.

The trade off is simple. The numbers are easy to read. The option to take is simple. Lifting all restrictions will save more lives in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭hopgirl

You get a 6 month covid pass without having to take a booster 😅

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Just as I suspected. You can't be taken seriously. "Zero restrictions the last few months"... aye.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Vaccinated people lining up to get tested is a joke.as long as people go along this crap won’t stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Vaccinated30

Or just get on with it and let old people die. Because thats the reality, 85 year olds die from covid. I dont care about a single death of covid thats been announced apart from the 1 that was my own grandmother. I dont care about a single other person that has died of/from/with covid. Actually i dont care about the death of any stranger. If i took my life tonight and left 4 children without a mother because this has affected me so badly, you wouldnt care. You may think youd care, but you wouldnt. And thats OK. Its normal not to care about strangers deaths.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭17larsson

ICU numbers down again. More restrictions.

I'm struggling to keep rational about this. I know once you get emotional about a subject it's impossible to think clearly about it but I need to try harder because at the moment my mindset is **** this government, **** these restrictions and **** this **** virus

There are vaccinated people in hospital and even some in ICU, so, no, it's not a joke that people are lining up to be tested.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

and what underlying conditions have those people.testing fully jabbed people still is lunacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

I knew that something wasn’t right about this whole thing when the HSE reported that there wasn’t a single case of flu in 2020 and put that down to widespread restrictions yet with a straight face also said that there was an explosive of covid cases (yes I know covid is more transmissible than Flu but that’s not the point)

Our testing regime and fixation on “the cases” needs to be seriously looked at.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,356 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭FoFo1254122

people Who are in favour of masking 9 year olds are simply dangerous people and should be avoided at all costs going forward

you cannot trust people who believe in restricting personal freedoms because they are made of two types, those who have financial vested interests and those who are weak individuals who only feel strong following the mob

we are told trust the scientists and medical experts and that will get us through this,

i don’t trust scientists, for example a very clever German helped America get to the moon and murdered and maimed millions of people.

Scientists gave us this virus.

science is currently facing huge moral dilemmas for example many scientists believe we should be able to change children's genomes, have zero controls in development of AI and robotics, and that new animals should be engineered and introduced into the wild

scary stuff and we are told trust the scientists, you could not make it up

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

All reports from South Africa are positive. Most people around the world in senior positions are saying positive things.

Whilst our NPHET Government sent out their spokesperson to say this could be more deadly than the last. Then proceeded to announce more restrictions and increase anxiety.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Have to admit I have been thinking this for a while.

Suspect the reason the Spanish Flu lasted 2 years is because people had to get on with their lives.They couldn't sit at home, still make money, and order food to their door.They had to leave their houses to earn a wage, in order to feed themselves.Therefore, they got sick.And the death rate was high.And possibly, the time period was shorter.

We aim to keep the death rate and virus rate low, and in doing so, do we prolong this for ourselves??I feel we do.Alternative is maybe -maybe - run the risk of overwhelmed hospitals.But is it really that big a risk now, at this vaccination rate?What are the real chances, if the reopening is timed for the right time of year??

Lot of questions to be answered there, but for a while now I have felt that our strategies are simply prolonging this and unless we change our strategies, things are just going to keep going like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

You sound like if tomorrow they decided to bring us back to full normality, you'd be screaming bloody murder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

Go away with your good news - they need a scapegoat for the yearly sh:tshow that is January in our A&Es

• Registered Users Posts: 16,612 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

As said previously, covid is a new religion to some people out there. They actually prefer it like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

Great that you could join us Astro, how did you get on at the NPHET meeting earlier?

NPHET - No Performing, Hospitality, Entertainment or Tunes...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,694 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Once everyone is vaccinated and the cases still persist what's the next step?

Glazers Out!

Advertisement