Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 5 and Eir 5G

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭opus

To be fair to Eir, Google support told me it was their (Google's problem) as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

Where can we submit this as an issue to Google Ireland, is there some sort of Web form?

Thanks guys,

M

Literally just got the same response as you from Eilish in Eir! I have replied back to her (I borrowed some of your text).

Thanks for coming back to me Eilish, I appreciate it. So, where do we go from here!? There is a thread on boards.ie with many users affected by this, not just me - https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058179390/google-pixel-5-and-eir-5g/p1

We as customers want it sorted and you as a service provider should want it sorted for your customers as well. The customer is getting a bad experience at the end of the day, whoever is at fault, talk to each other and work at fixing it. Can you let me know who I can contact in Google to try and get this resolved please.

Thanks,

M

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭Griffinx

eir's 5G network is Huawei and Google last year dropped Huawei from their licensing...wonder if that has anything to do with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 pw-ski

I mailed them back and still no response :-(

So after talking to Google it seems like it's on Google side. They adviced to send feedback via built in phone feedback (which i already did twice). Of course they did not provide any timeline for handling this. Very annoying...

I have been submitting feedback via built in phone feedback most days, time will tell if it amounts to anything!

Submitted feedback as well once I tracked down the option on the phone. Hopefully will lead to something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Me three

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭pawrick

I've submitted a few times now and been on to eir.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭irelandjoe

This continues to be a joke I have submitted a number of times myself and no joy

Keep at it lads.....I am submitting most days.

Anyone heard anything in relation to an update about this? Fingers crossed for 2022 or is it wishful thinking on my part!!? ;-)

Bump....

It's a bit of a moot point for me at the moment as following Google December update on the Pixel 6, I'm lucky to get 4G as a lot of the time I see H+ or even no signal at all. Hopefully will be fixed by them at some stage this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

same here...can roll update back but would wipe phone...

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

I hear you and sorry that happened. By a stroke of luck I was on holidays in Spain when they issued the December update and it was never offered to me even when I got back.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

• Advertisement

I could not connect to roaming with EIR mobile network at all, all The time I was in Spain. Eir says they tested everything on their side, but my pixel would just not log into network at all. Very annoying because obviously this is when you need data working the nost and not when working from home at your desk...

I got 2 other Sims, one from my Polish mobile network Play and one eSim from airalo, both worked just fine.

Anyways wondering if this was Pixel/ last update related issue.

Tbf EIR did provide a fair compensation for the trouble.

Just be aware of that May happen, because in such case you are even unable to contact eir support ( you can't call them if you have no connectivity at all, I worked around this using voip provider). Not sure if recent updated that fixes. December update helped because I only installed it once I was back to Ireland

I was in Gran Canaria in December and was able to roam and get LTE fine on GoMo, no 5G though :-(

I upvoted above, anything else that needs to be done?

Thanks for that link by the way!

Upvoted that link as well. Will keep sending feedback every now & again.

I emailed Google Support about it & got this nondescript reply.

We're continuously working to improve our 5G support. We'll continue to update our list as more carriers and networks are added. Here is a link with more information: g.co/pixel/networkinfo

On that page at that link, they call Ireland USA!

Just another US overseas state 🤣. We're working on it is not very promising...

Probably won't lead to anything but I logged a case with Comreg today about the lack of support for Eir's 5G network on the Pixel phones. My argument was that if a phone is sold in Ireland then surely it should support the Irish phone networks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,238 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Don't think there's a case as Eir don't sell those handsets do they, and don't think manufacturers of handsets fall under their remit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭pawrick

More relevant to a complaint is that their stores and customer care say it's covered by their 5G network or at least did when I signed up.

Advertisement