Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lump

Options
  • 04-12-2021 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi there,

Trying to keep a long story short here but in august I noticed my 2 year old had a lump on the right side of her neck. Small lump and you can't see it...only feel it. A few weeks later she ended up in a&e with severe tonsillitis. They felt the lump too and ran blood tests....they came back saying she was fighting an infection I.e. the tonsillitis. We were told these were swollen lymph nodes and they'd go away once the infection went.

Fast forward to now and the lump is still there....and there's now another one next to it. Brought her to the gp and they've sent her off for an ultrasound. They're worried it hasn't gone away. Waiting on the ultrasound appointment now.

I was wondering if anyone else ever went through this. Google is not my friend and all I see is cancer! I'm so worried. I should say though that she has been almost constantly sick with one thing or another from creche....covid, hand foot and mouth, every stomach bug going.

I was hoping for some reassurance from parents who've dealt with the same.....sorry for the long post!! We've had to postpone her ultrasound as she got covid so I feel like I'll never get the answer!!

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Aw OP, I haven't gone through it but I so feel for you.My youngest had a lump in his groin about 10 days after the MMR, frightened the life out of me.Took quite a while to go down, and it was a lymph node reaction too.

If she has been fighting a lot of infections it may just be that why the nodes are swollen, the aren't getting a chance to go down.Mine would swell now alright, with tonsillitis, sinuses, colds, etc, even as and adult and take a while to go down.

Do you have a date for the ultrasound? The only thing I would say is to make sure you push for that ultrasound to happen soon, to give you the answers, and hopefully peace of mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ShellsBells_144

Thanks Shesty! No word on the ultrasound appointment yet, we had to postpone once she tested positive for covid but she's in the clear from this Wednesday so I'll be pushing for the ultrasound like you say.

I'm hoping it's just a reactive node as she has had so many viruses....fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,770 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Just wondering how she got on my son has similar lumps currently and d-dock told us its the nodes also ,

He's had chicken pox recently

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Our youngest son had a lump in the neck on the side at around 2 years of age also. Quite noticeable, about the size of a mouse ball and soft to the touch. It didnt cause him any discomfort. I cant remember the exact details but we visited doctors etc. It turned into a non issue in the end and finally went away after a few weeks.

Advertisement