Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Movies

Options

Comments

Edit: moving trailer to the Christmas Tv thread! 😅

I watched Love Hard at the weekend, very cheesy. Might stick on Last Christmas this weekend 😊

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

You can rent the 'Home Alone' house. Take a peek inside (cnn.com)

Maybe a few of us should get it and do some reenactments of some of the scenes 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭PaulT21

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I'm currently watching "About time" on RTE2, it's lovely so far. However, what in the name of all that is holy were the people who did the palimpsest thinking about when they put "Poltergeist" on after that?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭tscul32

I just watched Die Hard with Elf 1. Its about the only movie from the olden days that he'll watch without scoffing at the graphics. Class movie though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

Watched Home Alone 1 a few days ago and the wee one watched the grinch. The apple documentary loughc put on the earlier page is such a strange one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

I watched 8 bit Christmas and The Night Before. Both excellent!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Having watched home alone earlier in the week we're sitting down now watching home alone 2... with quality street to keep us company.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 10,986 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Watched the Shop Around the Corner again today, such a good film, Margaret Sullavan is brilliant in it. A hundred times better than You've Got Mail.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,510 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

I keep meaning to watch that. Thanks for your perspective, will definitely take a look the next time!

• Advertisement

It's got some pretty sarcastic/biting lines in and her character is quite empowered (for a film from 1940). Really great supporting cast too, honestly can't recommend it enough, hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

I'm envious of the poster who watched Home Alone 1 and then 2 this week. We don't have sky movies, we've Netflix and a dodgy box and it's on neither yet.

I'm hoping it'll be on TV soon and god help the member of my house who deletes it from the sky box!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,556 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I have virgin media TV and Netflix, and just have my Christmas favourites on DVD, so I'm not depending on streaming services and television scheduling/rights issues.

Similar, have sky and netflix and all my favourite Christmas movies copied from bluray onto a USB stick that i play through the TV. Instant viewing for whenever we fancy watching one.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

We Disney+, Amazon Prime and Sky cinema this year are pretty well covered on the movies side.

Finding time to watch them is another thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dubstepper

Watched Click & Collect on Netflix. Very good modern Christmas comedy

Also watched A boy called Christmas which is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dubstepper

Also watched Office Christmas Party which I thought was terrible the first time I saw it but enjoyed it more this time

Watched The family man again over the weekend. Love that film.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭tscul32

I watched Click and Collect too, found it quite funny. And at only just an hour it was easier to squeeze in watching it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I watched "!Batteries not included", the other day. I was only thinking about that film the day before, too! 😊

I don't think I've seen that since I was a child! 😃 Will be adding that to my list.

I've managed to watch so far: Lampoons (excellent as always), A Castle for Christmas (so cheesey, I love Brook Shields), Last Christmas (enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would, I did go in with very low standards), Love Hard (so bad, switch off brain at the door), Princess Switch 3 (character development for the villain in PS2 was actually good, and made the other 2 characters kinda bland imho, another leave your brain at the door film).

I've yet to watch on Netflix Single All the Way, Office Christmas Party, Click and Collect, and Robin Robin. And have a lot more to watch that's not on Netflix 😄🎄

Watched Trapped in Paradise on Disney+. Poor ratings on the usual sites (5% on Rotten Tomatoes!) and I can see why but I enjoy it and watch it every year.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

It’s one I watch most years too. It reminds me of my teenage years watching it for the first time so I have fond memories of it that allows me to overlook the bad.

Yeah nostalgia definitely helps look past the flaws ( and there's more than a few 😂).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,865 ✭✭✭ozmo

Virgin Media had free rental on All their on-demand movies last weekend (max 10 free rentals) - they had lots of Christmas movies.

They will be doing it again next weekend - watched "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation" on it and was better than I remembered it - recommended.

“Roll it back”

Not a Christmas film, but I watched 'The Father' with Anthony Hopkins and Olivia Coleman using the VM free movies offer- it would normally cost €5.99 to rent.

Decent offering of Christmas movies on it, but I certainly wouldn't be spending a fiver on the likes of Home Alone etc. that are shown on TV so much!

I also watched Click and Collect, and really enjoyed it! 🙂

Also gave Christmas Break In a watch- it was okay, decent enough and a bit daft. Hints of Home Alone.

Next on my list is Serendipity. Only heard it recommended the other day, I had never heard of it before- but turns out that it's on Netflix, so I guess it's serendipity. 😝😂

With Kate Beckinsale? If so thats a great little film. We'll worth a watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,510 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Advertisement