Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 16 - Transfer Thread

• 04-12-2021 3:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,303 ✭✭✭COH

Is it too soon to say goodbye to Alonso?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

I recognised my mistake and swapped him for Reguilon for this GW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'd expect a reaction from Chelsea against Leeds and there could be a lot of space to exploit. Not going to move Alonso on just yet unless there's a strong suggestion his place is under threat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

2 FTs so Kane & Hwang to Ronaldo & Dennis as I've exact money

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I'm thinking Raph to Bowen. Raph has bad fixtures for the next few games so think it makes sense to get him out for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,497 ✭✭✭macraignil

Thinking maybe Mbeumo to Mount or Bowen?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Alonso to Regullion very likely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Yep, will likely be doing the exact same move myself. Just hoping he doesn't go mad against Norwich now in the meantime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,315 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Son & White to Bernardo & Dias for no hit.

Too knee jerky?

City have a nice few fixtures coming up and feels like they'll put together a few results.

Have Cancelo already. Son doesn't have a great output for his price atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Luxembourgo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Good moves imo. Cancelo just doesn't feel like enough for cover for their nice fixtures.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,193 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Is James -> Walker a good move? Or too sideways?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,315 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

From experience of owning Walker earlier this season, only own him if you have Cancelo as well.

I do own Cancelo alright yeah, but I think I need more City players for their upcoming run.

I also own Rudiger, so would be still covered with some Chelsea defence.

Wolves had the lowest amount of shots by any PL team this season (3), with only 1 on target. Combined total of 0.13 XG. That would not give much hope for any of their attackers going forward over their next games.

At the same time, it does open up the question about double Liverpool defence. But that's hard when you already own TAA & Salah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,940 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

That makes sense. I got in Hwang for the two easy fixtures Burnley and Norwich - he did feck all. Fantasy football fix notification told me in had zero attempts in one of them. Benched him v Liverpool - Fantasy Football Fix said zero attempts again.

I think the way Wolves play now they are mostly a defensive team trying to snatch that one goal on the counter.

Delighted to get rid of Hwang I got King in for him. As King is on pens and the way Watford play good chance of getting one in the next three fixtures. Seemed to have a decent shot effort v Man City as well- which was encouraging.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Newbie20

Is this worth a minus 4? (Or worth doing at all?)

James and Gallagher out

Bernardo and Thiago Silva in

I have Gallagher for ages and he has been very good for me but I wonder if I’ve got the best from him. I like the thought of a midfield of

Salah Jota Son Bernardo

Post edited by Newbie20 on

I would probably save my transfer one of those you are selling could do well. Thiago Silva is a prime candidate for rests over Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭steve_r

Not sure what to do.

Toney out would be a good chance to get rid

Would like to upgrade Dias to Cancelo but worried about the 4 yc

Banking it might be a long term option also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,699 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Was going to pretty much bench Raphinha for the next 3/4 fixtures and hold him but now thinking the obvious move is to Bowen who has nice fixtures and good form. Im surprised neither are close to a price rise/fall so wont do it straight away. West Ham are playing Europa League on Thursday so will wait for that to be over if possible. Bowen was linking up a lot with Antonio yesterday so the hope is they will dovetail well together for goals and assists.

Other option is Alonso to Regulion but Im not taking another -4 so think I'll give him one more week. There is a danger he gets dropped for Hudson Odoi though, that will definitely make the decision for me. Either way I think I want off the double Chelsea defence.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I was planning on keeping Toney For the Watford game next weekend and then getting rid. If he has covid then he probably won't play that game so might get rid now. Replace him with broja, Dennis or king. That will give me funds to do Raph to Bernardo. Will leave me without a playing keeper next weekend though.

• Advertisement

Dalot could be a good option at 4.4. Full backs look to be playing high under Rangnick and he's a better crosser than AWB. Will be interesting to see if he gets a run in the team now.

Gallagher to Bernardo Silva

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭crushproof

Dare I say is Fred looking like a good choice?

Kane to anyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭crushproof

Gallagher has to go for me, playing far too deep

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,440 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Omg Harry Kane, get the **** out of my team you useless bastard and it will be a dark day before you ever darken my door again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

Duffy suspended, Reguillon injured, Toney has Covid, raphinhas fixtures toughen considerably and Mbeumo isn't returing..and yet the first name on my sell list is Harry fcuking Kane!!

Kane owners really have had a torrid time, lots of money tied up in blank after blank. At least there are some good options in midfield to spread the money around. Bamford would be an option to replace Kane but he has awful fixtures for the next 4. Going to Lukaku right now would be another punt similar to Kane hoping he comes good soon. If Watkins gets something here he might be a decent option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I think Vardy to Ronaldo.

• Advertisement

Mbeumo did get an assist today - there is always a bright side. At least selling Kane gives you lots of options.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Definitely. Was gonna go Duffy to Dalot this week but opted for Sa to DDG because I could bench Duffy & would of haven’t to play Sa.

Might go with that this week.

Alternatives would be ship Raphina or Toney.

Will be waiting for Alonso news before I make any moves. Was going to keep Raph but as Muahahaha said in the match day thread, moving him on for Bowen is a no brainer considering the fixtures. Gallagher is also a problem now which is a pity considering their fixtures are much nicer. Might look at moving him on for a City mid. Have enough itb for the following moves:

Kane to Ronaldo

Raph to Bowen

Gallagher to Bernardo

Alonso to Dalot/Davies

Might bite the bullet and take the -8 this week if Alonso is out. Would set me up nicely for Christmas.

yeah Raph to Bowen seems like a no brainer unless you're willing to play Raph against the four best defences in the league. Im sure he will get something somewhere but his next few fixtures are as hard as it gets. With Bowen Im just hopng his recent form isnt exclusively vs good teams, WH have beaten Liverpool and Chelsea in the last four with Bowen playing great in both games but they also lost to Wolves one nil and drew with Brighton in that time. Hopefully though this run of favourable WH fixtures will see Bowen outscore Raph over the next few weeks, I think its worth the punt.

With Gallagher I read the reason he is playing deeper is becasue McArthur is injured, not sure for how much longer though. Theres also Eze who is still coming back from injury and just got a few minutes today, him returning proper could limit Gallagher arrivng late into the box.

I got rid of Mbeumo for Bernardo and even though Mbeumo got an assist today Im still glad to be done with him. But Im fully expecting some Pep roulette on Bernardo at some stage with Douglas Luiz coming in for a likely 2 pointer. But Bernardo hauled 15 points yesterday so its worth the risk for Citys good fixture run, there has to be a few 3-0's and 4-0's in their upcoming games.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,719 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Raphinha to Bowen unless Alonso is ruled out

• Advertisement

For those with Kane.

Since GW9 Divock Origi has outscored him by 1 point

Raphinha to Bowen or Raphinha to Bilva though?

I'm thinking bilva. I already have Antonio so don't fancy doubling up there.

Will wait for the European games more than likely. Both should be rested, but you never know with Pep. Especially with KDB back now.

I’m actually looking at Mount.

Chelsea have 5 decent fixtures remaining this year. Mount has played 90 mins last 2 games and hauled double digits.

After his 3 goal haul v Norwich he had that tooth infection which sounded bad.

He is back in the team now & with a lot of chopping & changing around him lately Tuchel might just stick to his best team. Mount has to be on that on form.

I was looking at Bowen before this GW so could go there. Went Gundog over Bernardo & I’ll stay with that. Bernardo due a rest soon & will he keep outperforming his previous seasons? Surely the other players will start scoring for City too

Like Grealish was playing the false & looked so lively. He’ll start chipping in!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,497 ✭✭✭macraignil

Decided on Mount and moved already since his price is predicted to rise. Annoyed I left Mbeumo on the bench for his assist this week but his returns were not enough to keep playing him. Could do Gallagher to Bowen next week but more likely to ship on Kane who is just surviving in my team because I can't see a clear choice of a good striker option on current form. Maybe Watkins?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,733 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Mbeumo to Fred.

A sentence I'd never thought I'd write but life comes at you fast these days.

Haven't seen Man Utd lately really....are Fred's returns just some sort of freakish anomaly or is has his role/performance level changed somehow?

If I had Kane I would 100% be moving to Lukaku.

Back from injury. 45 minutes the weekend.

Leeds & Everton at home next.

One or both of them will be a double digit haul.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I’m thinking Raphina, Toney, Jimi to Bilva, Antonio, Dennis for a -4.

I’ll admit I know nothing of Dennis. How’s he playing? Would King be a better option?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Kane to Lukaku

Then Alonso to Cancelo for -4 is staring at me. Cant afford any price changes on this and also perma-burned on Pep Roulette

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Considering the exact same. Just visited the thread to search "Fred". It's freeing up cash at least.

From what Ive read King has better underlying stats in terms of shots on goal but its been Dennis who has bagged actual points lately. iirc King is on penalties so a slight advantage there but not much given how few are being awarded this season compared to last. Also its being speculated that Dennis might get a call up for Nigeria for AFCON. I dont think he has ever played for them before but if his form continues it'll be hard for the national team to ignore him so he could be gone for 3 weeks at the end of December.

Whats with the new love for Fred? Id thought as a defensive midfielder he was never a FPL asset, similar to Kante and Henderson he might get the odd goal or assist but not enough over time to justify owning them. Did Rangnick play Fred much higher yesterday or something? Didnt see the game myself and the highlights on MOTD were very short. I did read that Dalot was getting very far forward and had some great crosses into the box. He could be a good option if he keeps Wan Bissaka out of the team, he is only 4.4m and United should start keeping clean sheets again once Rangnick sorts the defence out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

One thing that was highlighted on MotD was how high up the pitch Utd were pressing without the ball. Even at one stage when Palace had possession, all Utd's outfield players were still camped in the Palace half trying to win it back. You'd imagine with that style of play that the likes of Fred/McTominay & the defenders would have a much greater goal involvement. Conversely, it also makes them much more vulnerable to the counter-attack.

• Advertisement
Advertisement