Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK Championship 2021 - 23/11 to 05/12. Eurosport and BBC

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,473 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

That straight and easy red was missed by about 3 inches by Brecel

gets off the hook though.

but a terrible shot and he’s back sitting down.

Luca getting a smidge of luck in this frame.. about time

• Registered Users Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

The crowd gasping at Zhao’s shots made me laugh. Not every player gets that.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Zhao getting the red to rebound back off the knuckle was lucky as...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,576 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

It's all over really, has been since after the first 2 frames this evening.

• Advertisement

I hope Zhao, and Luca, carry this form into the World Championship next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Happy for the lad. The right result on the night. Hopefully Chinese players take inspiration from this and we see more of them....

Well done to Zhao.. Some opening red!

I always feel sorry and embarrassed for the players being interviewed live straight after the match, especially in front of everyone here. It's especially difficult for Zhao as English isn't his native tongue.

Ten years time I think the majority of the top 32 will be Chinese. They will all be getting cues if Zhao keeps that up. Then throw in Yan and they have great inspiration now. Ding is almost an afterthought at this stage.

• Advertisement

Yeah bit unfair on the young lad. Should of had a translator for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

Maybe a translator should of been used, how can you expect the poor guy to articulate in English what's been asked of him, right after he wins it too with all the emotion involved.

Anyway great win, never looked in doubt really.

Remember when Yan won the Masters. His girlfriend had to act as translator - there was no crowds back then because of covid, which probably helped giving them time to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

He's a lot more flash than Bingtao style wise, but similar demeanour, very cool, almost serene. Honestly didn't think what he's done this week was humanly possible, defied me all the way and great to watch. World championships is a different beast entirely and I wonder how that game copes with session upon session upon session but then I dunno, maybe these guys are going to rewrite the playbook? The Chinese have 10-15 young kids coming on every year, just going to keep getting better and better and change the balance of power sooner rather than later.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭eric hoone

With the scarce talent coming through those two lads will have plenty of finals to look forward to

• Registered Users Posts: 12,835 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Hopefully this gives them the boost they need. We really really need younger talent.

O’Sullivan vs Dale is intriguing... both players have missed some really straightforward pots.... Dale playing the better snooker and in with a good chance of going 2-0 up but misses a sitter to the middle pocket.

Ronnie required one snooker but concedes the frame...strange, wouldn’t have thought the table was that unfavouring of the snooker being achieved.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,835 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

• Advertisement

Good sportsmanship from Ronnie, not accepting the foul as he saw his opponent clip the ball. Insisted it be removed...

Piss poor from the officials though, not spotting it in live play ok but on the screen ? Wtf ?

Was hard to see if he hit the green - looked impossible to tell, but the 'default position' appears to be; if it can't be 100% deemed not a foul, then it is a foul... that's how it appears to me... Fair play to Ron in not taking the four points

there's a thread on Scottish Open thread here S:

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058221424/2021-scottish-open-llandudno

Advertisement