Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part XII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭HalfAndHalf

The more information coming out about it would suggest they have.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,430 ✭✭✭prunudo

One thing is for sure, they won't rescind the restrictions as quick as they introduced them.

I'm not upset. I just think it's pathetic to take a dig at somebody for being overweight on an anonymous forum.

If people are fat shaming, surely unvaccinated shaming is par for the course too.

Sure, I'm a "pretend pharmacist". I'll have to tell the pharmacy I locummed in today that I'm "pretend". Wonder if I'll have to give back the 1200 euro too....

Shame I have to pay most of it on tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,023 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Definitely not. Once the restrictions are in you can strap yourself in for dealing with them until next June at the earliest.

At that point you'll most likely see it return to panic stations by November next year with the previous restrictions returning with a few additions.

It would wash better with people if NPHET and by extension the government just stated that they're essentially playing a game of pin the tail on the donkey and they have no vision of what they actually need to do, instead of saying their measures are working when the dogs in the street can see they're not.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,666 ✭✭✭brickster69

True, may as well write Easter off already. Probably announce in July they are working on a plan for freedom day which will take 4 weeks to be announced. Then in mid July announce dates for mid October again.

“The earth is littered with the ruins of empires that believed they were eternal.”

- Camille Paglia

• Advertisement

Meh. I'm not going to complain. Severe shortage of pharmacists in Ireland at the moment. Weekend rates are 100-130 at the moment. I work in hospital as my main job but do locum work to pay for holidays/ Christmas presents etc.

To clarify, I'm happy to pay this rate of tax and probably should be taxed more.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭MilkyToast

They weren't "taking a dig at somebody for being overweight". They were pointing out that the guy was overweight, as opposed to having a "clean bill of health" as stated in the media.

That's not "fat shaming". It's fact-stating. Fat shaming would be saying that there is anything wrong with him being overweight. That's not the case. Being overweight is just a side-effect of the way he chooses to live his life, and more power to him if that's what he wants. But vastly increased risk of multiple conditions, including severe or fatal Covid-19, is a side-effect as well. The media pretending its not, leading people to believe that healthy 35-year-olds (that is, healthy weight individuals with no known health conditions) are likely to be struck down by Covid because one guy who's double the weight his body is evolved to deal with is having a bad time, is nonsense.

Here are shaming statements: "He's obviously way too fat, should've stopped stuffing his mouth in front of Netflix and gone for a jog every now and then. Serves him right." - "She's obviously an idiot. Should have got vaccinated instead of listening to Facebookpedia antivaxx bullshit. Serves her right."

Non-shaming: "I hope he gets better, but he's not "healthy" like the article says. He's very overweight, which is known to cause severe Covid." - "I hope she gets better, but if she'd been vaccinated there's a good chance she wouldn't be in such dire straits".

Equating even noticing that someone is fat with "fat-shaming" is absolute wokefuckery of the highest order and helping nobody.

Congrats on your bit of cash. I haven't sold my labour for a very long time, but my understanding is that 1200 euro for a day's work is a decent amount.

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." ~C.S. Lewis

• Registered Users Posts: 18,485 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Shame the unvaccinated to protect the hospitals, they are at breaking point and our front line heroes need help!

...says the hospital worker doing nixers at the weekend for a bag of cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,391 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Yeah maybe such hospital workers should restrict their social movements outside of the hospital. They of all people need to protect the health service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

• Advertisement

Is dispensing medication for people with prescriptions not an essential service?

Of course, you are right, the patient's family who came into collect emergency supply of palliative meds. We should just close pharmacies are it suits your narrative? Also, community pharmacy is also considered front line. But maybe your mindset is so myopic, you may not realise that.

Is working in a community pharmacy a social activity? Another myopic viewpoint! Sad really.

It's an activity wholly unconnected to your work in the hospital! And if like any other locum work, with quite frequently changing colleagues and locations... not exactly keeping your circle of social contacts to a minimum. In fact you're quite the traveling salesman.

Maybe you should knock it on the head for the sake of the health service.. you wouldn't want to be responsible for bringing it in with you now. Especially given how concerned you are the entire time.

Myopic!? Ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,414 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Is this testing nonsensical racket for inbound travel likely to stay in for the foreseeable? Was thinking of getting away in the next few months but don’t fancy forking out €100s for pointless meaningless tests

Who are you trying to fool, we both know that the big bag of cash overrides any concerns about your ever increasing number of contacts.

No wonder most outbreaks are in hospitals when the likes of yourself do tours at the weekend and then rock up to work on a Monday morning.

You know when you get discharged from hospital with a prescription for medication. Where do you think you get the medication? 🤔

It's very much connected. Also, if you could clarify how working in an essential front line service like a community pharmacy is "social". I'd be intrigued are your mental arithmetic. I'd be all ears in fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,414 ✭✭✭✭road_high

He looks dreadful alright. An unhealthy overweight look about him. Dreadful public “health” rep. Most of the ISAG Nphet cult could either pass as half dead looking Dracula doubles or pre weight watchers pop outs

If I don't do it, another pharmacist will. I don't really get your argument. I have had my booster. I wear mask and faceguard all day. There are perspex glass in place and pharmacy is well ventilated. I am providing an essential service. Any evidence to suggest that working in community pharmacies increases your risk of contracting covid?

Obviously you're not down the pub. Which I think is what you're trying to reduce it to. But you've extended your range of contacts far beyond what would be expected for your role in the hospital. You know, exposing yourself to the wider community in your "community pharmacy". And then toddling back into work with your heavy pockets.

Risky behaviour for someone so righteously indignant about others.

But at least you trousered some coin eh!

Reduce your social contacts, protect the health service!

Unless there is a wedge of money involved, then go for it. And don't worry about the hospital outbreaks, if you didn't bring covid into the hospital somebody else will anyway.

• Advertisement

As said a few times now. New guidance on the gov website. You don’t have to test to return now, just isolate at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

So I've a overnight trip to the UK via the ferry on Thursday and will not need a test to return back on Friday. Just to home restrict for 10 days... all good

The link to the information has been posted a few times now. Have a look back and it’s all on the gov website.

It's not a social activity. It's a essential front line service. I suppose you have issues with out of hour GP services too?

I am actually quite concerned you don't know what an essential service is.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

Yup, just checked, seems an odd way to do things, but fair enough, happy to self lockdown for the days after I return

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Dr Fred

You need to calm down. Hysterics won’t help anyone.

How is working in a community pharmacy in anyway a social activity. People need meds. It's an essential service. Like I said, you seem to have a very myopic viewpoint.

Here's a helpful document for you. Hope it clears up any misunderstanding. 😊

https://www.hse.ie/eng/about/who/qid/nationalsafetyprogrammes/medicationsafety/hse-ipu-faq-for-community-pharmacy-april-2020.pdf

Its remarkable how you have transitioned from "What will I do with this €1200" to "Its a front line essential service, I'm a hero" when called on it. Like I say, just who do you think you are fooling.

I bet some of the people dumped onto the PUP because of your hospital outbreaks wouldn't mind €1200 for a nixer. Or even a chance to do their own jobs, but they have to sit at home while the littlest hobo travels from place to place every weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭FoFo1254122

Essential front line service

Christ the arrogance is unreal, i truly despise all public sector workers, you are so full of your own importance

away with you

• Advertisement

I never said I was a hero. A pharmacist is a job like any other. I'm unsure why you appear so bitter that I work as a pharmacist. If you want to be one, you can do it via mature entry. Also, I have no control over government policy so unsure how I specifically caused people to go onto PUP. Yet again, your mental arithmetic is astounding.

Advertisement