Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hidden Assets - RTE

Comments

Oooh, Bibi is a bad girl!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,628 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

"Oh, fcuk off Bibi"

🤣

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,030 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

The sweeny would have rammed Bibi off the road 😏

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Worse chase ever.🙄

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,953 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

This series is entertaining enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Joe Don Dante

would you steal from the Devil ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭maebee

How did your man get out of the boot?

He's obv in the back of the blue transit.

How he got there, gawd knows, but I'm sure we'll find out when all is revealed next week!

• Advertisement

Wasn't bad but story being stretched out a little with silly moments.

The Chinese food spillage and exotic changing of T Shirt (Not) just completely silly.

Bibi's father in law, handing his coat to maid, one line later, his son shouts to made to get coat back, WTF was that.

I'm convinced Nora's a robot, she appeared to be malfunctioning somewhat tonight.

Why is the permanently angry Junior Belgian detective still around 🤔

Liking the female Belgian News reader though , so to speak 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭maebee

"The Chinese food spillage and exotic changing of T Shirt (Not) just completely silly"

That's just preparing us for the inevitable hooking up of Emer and Christian 😁

Christian and Nora hopefully, that would be a class twist. 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

What's with the odd speech in the belgian guys own language? Is it to appease the Belgian market?

That would be quite disturbing 😁 romantic frolics on a white board

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Barriers not working seems to be an international problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

The show isn't that good but kind of entertaining with just about enough to make you want to know what happens, it's very patching in places but at least there's a bit of action in it

Indeed, I noticed this Barrier problem appeared in a few episodes 😊

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,071 ✭✭✭✭neris

I'm starting to think that bibi and the father in law are in this together and the husband hasn't got a clue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,613 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Don't forget the cliched "woman bursts out on to corridor as swat team move past and gets pushed back " action. The Sweeney were doing that stuff in 1977.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Just watched it there now, I see I'm not alone in finding Nora and her stupid whiteboard annoying.

They could have saved a bit of money by just not bothering with her and her 2 sidekicks as they add nothing to it.

Emer looked horney when Christian took off the shirt, they probably will be too busy now though for a bit of jiggy jiggy.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Niall_76

They didn’t even show the raid in Antwerp that the whiteboard led to. I thought that was very strange

interrogation room looks like a bird Watch Viewing hut 😁

Phew, I thought Nora was going for the white board 🙄 Jesus wept the entire CAB office full of them 😁

Christ that was utterly disappointing, unbelievable, Silly , annoying (especially, Emer) and a damp squib 🙄 WTF

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Sandz066

Fair play to Emer learning Spanish overnight...eh what

Very disappointing, worse episode , boring. I think Nora is the only one with a bit of life in them, the thinking mans woman. 😄

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I think it's too easy to fall into the trap of over-criticising a local production, but the CAB scenes always seemed off whereas the Belgian CTU scenes seemed fine. Angeline never convinced me as a gun-totin' cop and I think if the actress playing Bibi had that role instead it might have worked better.

Overall, it was alright and I did look forward to the next episode. But if it never comes back I won't shed a tear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

well it's a canadian co production kids just gone Vancouver with dad . next season in Canada ?

This has been better than Kin. I think RTE/AMC bigged up the wrong series. lol

One thing, what were they on about the end about the vaults? When they said the VTL meant VLT, what were they on about? What vaults? Where were they? If they knew where the vaults were in the first place couldn't they just check them all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

I still don't get how they concluded that there was another terrorist on the way let alone identify him - the columbian embassy basically gave them all the records of all their inmates. Sure there could have been other staged deaths but the way they leaped from the first terrorist being a staged death in columbia to possibly/maybe another person having their death staged to -specifically- this person definitely being on the way to Belgium for bombs is over the top for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,514 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Um...they were at the vaults when they said that. Hence why he asked the staff member if there were any by those numbers.

The safety deposit boxes, that's where all the other batches of diamonds were hidden.

It's nicely wrapped up in a bow ready for another series alright. Next CAB case will have links with Canada, and Emer will just happen to run into the Melnicks over there!

A few more credibility stretchers in that episode - by far the biggest being a foreign police officer demanding she be armed there and then, because she doesn't want to be left out of the action 🤣

Overall, 10 times better than Kin (not that that's hard), a decent watch, I'll give it about 6/10.

• Advertisement

i didn't really get it. I was half tuned out tbh. What were the vaults? Just like a storage facility for anyone? Couldn't they trace ownership of all the vaults?

I was more surprised that the vault manager just agreed to give them access - I thought the whole point of safe deposit boxes was that that were basically inviolable, and the police would have to jump through all sorts of hoops to get at them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 434 ✭✭8mv

It was OK but a strange anti-climax of an ending. The actress who played Bibi was very good I thought and it was a pity to waste Aaron Monaghan in such an underwhelming role. I've seen him in a couple of stage plays and he's a fantastic actor...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭siblers

It was OK in parts. The bit with trying to talk down the suicide bomber was well done but the bit before that with the mom and the daughter was awful.

The part where Bibi's swipe card wouldn't work at the car park was very lazy too, especially when they used the exact same trope earlier in the season.

Plot was too much of a mess too. Disappointing as it started well

It really was a let down. Seems to have suffered from the same problems KIN had, poor story, ridiculous plot, Story stretched out with lots of gap fillers that were just absurd.

Emers character just became more and more unbelievable as the episodes progressed.

I never got the praise of the Christian Character, he was almost comically inept, we were at least spared that other pointless character, the angry, racist junior Belgian detective in the last episode.

I really can't pin point one single good & consistent character performance, BIBI probably the best. The Nora and Josh (Cab) characters were just odd and generally awful with Josh being particularly annoying in the last episode, "Lads, this is an office, not a short cut 😳" WTF was that.

The Alledged reviewers yet again giving a Thumbs up, just like Kin, they don't appear to be willing to give an objective review or be critical of an Irish production.

Certainly better than Kin but that wouldn't be difficult.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,962 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

You appear pathalogically obsessed with Kin, not only on its thread but with every third post here. The producers must have wronged you somehow.

Irrespective of your opinion it was an enormous public and critical success. 623,000 viewers an episode in Ireland alone. No figures yet for the US, Canada and the Netherlands. 100% on Rotten Tomatoes and lauded in the Irish media. You're fighting a losing battle on this one.

Hidden Assets decent, room for further stuff but they need a new scriptwriter.

I'm not alone in my distain for Kin but of course you can't help yourself when it comes to my posts generally, your still on my ignore list but was curious if your still dribbling nonsense, Kin was utterly woeful, Hidden Assets generally good but it clearly lost its way towards the end and yes, I have a pathological dislike of silliness and mediocrity, it's a terrible infliction to have 🙄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭De Bhál

fine for a Sunday night - started well and then maybe 2 episodes ago got a bit convoluted and stayed that way. By the end just felt like it fizzled out. I'd watch a second season.

Bordering-on-fanatical praise for Kin in the face of multiple opinions (and that's all any of us have at the end of the day) of the opposite. Almost unanimous, in fact.

Maybe you need to take your own advice!

Random Boardsies or respected TV critics? Hmnnn. Random Boardsies or the Irish viewing public making it the most watched series of 2021? Hmnnn part deux.

Kin - 100% on Rotten Tomatoes

Kin - 623k viewers per week.

What on earth is your obsession with defending Kin?

It's just bizarre.

I can only conclude that you're a producer, or the writer, or one of the backers, or something.

We'll have to agree to disagree (and you're disagreeing with a lot of people!)

It's a very good series with a great cast, good script and excellent cinematography. I also dislike incessant whingers, particularly when they've little to add. Thankfully the critics and public are in full agreement on this.

Btw I'm not the one who brought up the series on this thread. Dempo did eight times and yourself a couple. I'm tempted to post Let It Go again.

As are 623,000 people in this country alongside respected Irish and international critics.

Thankfully you know better dude.

• Advertisement
Advertisement