Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 22 Ultimate Team discussion thread

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 54,071 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

There’s plenty on the market now and the price come down now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Rank 2 in WL again. Nothing of note in rewards. Did the Sule SBC as I have the OTW Upamecano untradable and had a load of untradable fodder. The only other player SBCs I've done this year are Bernardo Silva and Banza. Both get plenty of minutes. I did loads of SBCs last year that I ended up not playing much so being very selective this year. Sule seems fantastic in the few games with him this evening. Team now:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Might start back playing on wednesday, Konate getting his upgrade, and his 41 goals for me will likely improve to 😄

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Lads who use Mbappe.

is he worth it? I know he’s amazing. I guess my big reluctance stems from paying 1m coins for a rare gold player. I hate spending that big on special cards, let alone plain rare golds, lol. It’s so much coinage.

but I’ve got 400k in coins, and 90IFs so could probably stretch to afford Mbappe and Neymar if I sold everything up.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Lol instant rage quit after it. Feel sorry for the dude.

Do it. I sold everything to get Mbappe, Neymar and Messi. Nudged me over the line into Elite having been bopping around Div 1 for ages.

I've said on here I was struggling big time in Div 2, rank 2, just not able to win games. Since I've brought in Ronaldo, I easily got up to Div 2, rank 1, and have come close to Div 1 a few times (just falling short). And I've easily qualified for WL twice.

So what you say there is part of why I'm tempted to go in on them. I'd be hoping those three, with Ronaldo too, would kick me up a few levels (which I guess then means better rewards, more coins, etc). Neymar and Messi seem grand to justify with their prices. It's Mbappe at 1m that's a killer for me, being as stingy as I am with coins, lol.

But I guess...they're obviously the end game guys. What else am I saving up for.

Between them they score so many stupid goals that other strikers just don't. Had Neymar for ages and hes great but Mbappe is better again. I have Messi deeper for long shots and amazing through balls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I was lucky to get him from a gold upgrade sbc :D he's incredible. Just ridiculously op and glitchy as hell.

Aha, that 85+ upgrade is the perfect time to sell up IFs 😂 Taking it as a sign.

Wait, did they just release a 75+ player pick that is non repeatable?? This company 😂😂

Oh, I thought the 85+ was a player pick too. Lol. Lucked out and pulled Chiesa but no way I’d have done it if I had realised it wasn’t a pick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Koke for me lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Yeah i did it thinking it was repeatable and the 85+ to thinking it was a pick, cant even blame EA for that, dumba$$ i am

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

The 75+ is repeatable now, did about 5 and got nothing so far anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭doc holliday

Did the Sule sbc but couldn't get him on full chem with the 4231 I've been using since the start. So tried this 352 https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ehfZ6_1wlqE&feature=youtu.be and am now on a 6 game win streak in elite.

First time using a 3 defender formation and I have to say its a lot of fun.

This is how i've fit Sule in - all untradeable except Eusebio and Kohler. As someone who doesn't spend any money on the game i've never had a team as strong this early in the game. Kohler is the obvious next upgrade - i'll see what defender options come up in icon swaps later this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,160 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

• Advertisement

The lag indicator in this is broken. Number of times it tells me the ping is 18 and the game is a laggy mess is ridiculous.

Yeah ive had all the luck this year that i haven't had in the last few 😃

Hero SBCs - Ginola, Keane, Cordoba

Base Icon SBC - Vieira

Premier League SBC rare players pack - Ronaldinho

Silver Beasts Objective rare mega pack - RTTK Sane

And then the player SBCs of Kante, Cech and Sule.

I think i'll be doing the icon player picks in icon swaps as at this rate i'll be expecting R9 to walk out

I got promoted to the Elite division last night!! I didn't mean to, thought I had two games to go but was on the streak. I'll welcome the few extra red picks but that's if I can get my 7 wins each week!!

I’m teetering on the edge of div1 still. I feel like 50% of the games I lose are due to a better player beating me and the other 50% due to lag. It’s so frustrating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,712 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Anyone else find matchmaking painful? I don't fancy waiting 5 minutes to play any game mode that isn't weekend league. Rivals / Friendlies just take an age on PS5. Is putting me off Rivals completely. Plus when you get promoted to Elite it puts you at 1800 skill rating which is above average for Elite so inevitably you get beaten for a while before finding a reasonable level..

Better off staying in Div 2 and getting 7 wins easily tbh

Gas isn't it, you almost don't want to get promoted. Like Adam says above though - you settle at a rating in elite where you are comfortable. I have settled around 1750 - 1780 and can get a few wins together handy enough now.

I don't see myself as an elite player, starting at 1800 SR, lost my first game 3-2 to a much better player, I feel like all I'm doing is defending and trying to catch a goal on the counter attack, playing the way everyone hates. It's not my style of play but if you're losing every single game getting pummeled you have to do something.

Also everyone has Vinicius Jr. in their team. Has he won the POTM yet or is that just rumours?

I have him, finally.

• Advertisement

Right, 1m coins gathered so going to grab Mbappe tonight. The 85+ SBC was amazing in terms of letting me sell at a higher price than I could have before.

Have 50 IFs left. I've decided not to utterly drain my reserves, but might drain enough of them to grab Messi as well. Then start rebuilding the funds up a bit, with Neymar as the next goal.

Advertisement