Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bagrat Kudzievi

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

Anyone who drinks has responsibility for their own actions and welfare, so I do not accept that she is entirely blameless.

The irritating thing is that she is deemed free of any responsibility, even though she willingly consumed alcohol, is beyond ridiculous.

Of course she is blameless! He had responsibility for his actions, as you say, he assaulted a girl. How you can possibly think otherwise is just disturbing.

But then, you wanted to watch videos of a girl being sexually assaulted, so not surprising I guess.

And you are seriously claiming that someone who drinks themselves legless is not responsible for their well-being? Or does that only apply to women?

They are not responsible for the actions of others, no.

Then who is responsible for keeping them safe?

• Advertisement

That is immaterial when someone else decides to do them harm.

Thank you. This is the funniest thing I have read in a while.

If this is how personal responsibility is considered it is hardly surprising that so many people make themselves available for opportunists.

It will never cease to amaze me how many people fail to recognise the difference between idealism and reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,849 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Man, I wouldn't like to leave any of my female friends or relations either in your company or in the vicinity of you when you were sneaking around.

I wouldn't want you to think they might have had a drink and were therefore fair game for whatever you wanted to do to them

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

You're a danger to women, like I said.

She got legless drunk so she has only herself to blame if someone tries to sexually assault her.

So, so weird.

You are twisting yet again. I never said she was the only one to be blamed. I said she has some accountability for what happened because for all we know she made herself a sitting duck. Maybe this is a cultural difference, but I never came across people telling their kids that they should not be careful because someone might harm them.

And before you turn this into a strange chauvinist thing again: I say the same when a man get himself into a state that disables him, or when someone is just being naïve enough to be screwed over. But you never saw those posts of mine because they don’t interest you.

You can (all) emphasise how the world should be, and how humans should behave, but it doesn’t make it real.

• Advertisement

So she is to blame for putting herself in a position for someone to sexually assault her.

Stop telling me I'm twisting your words. You are literally tying yourself up in knots trying to look for excuses for the indefensible and when someone calls you out on your **** you say people are twisting your words. Stop making excuses and trying to project blame onto the victim.

She got drunk, like many women (and men) do, and she was sexually assaulted. You talk about living in the real world? The real world is this happened, and the scumbag responsible was unanimously found guilty and got a seven-year jail term with the final year suspended. The real world means you get punished for committing a crime. She didn't ask to be sexually assaulted. He took advantage of an 18-year-old girl on her first college night out.

When I was in college a mate of mine found a girl, on her own, legless. He asked for her phone and he rang her friends to come and get her and they got her home safe.

That's the real f*cking world, where people who can see that a woman who is in no fit state to walk never mind have any form of sexual contact is brought to safety.

The real world also sees those who try to take advantage of such people punished by the full force of the law, which is what happened in this case.

What part of 'the real world' are you having difficulty living in?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,554 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

what if two drunk people end up getting together? both were active participants at the time, neither can remember consenting afterwards

are both blameless? do both have responsibility for their own actions? if neither want to press charges, has an assault occurred?

if neither want to press charges, has an assault occurred?

Does that not answer itself 🙄

I'm not sure what that has to do with two drunk people having sex, and No one has an issue?

so, exactly same set of circumstances can lead to two very different outcomes, depending on how one party feels about the encounter the morning after...

You have been twisting my words ever since, I called you up on it several times.

Of course it's her own fault for getting totally drunk, who else is responsible for it? I never said she was the sole responsible person, but I find it beyond bizarre that she is excused from any responsibility because she got locked. It does not make any difference if it was her first college night out, or what age she was since she was legally an adult.

None of us can definitely say what happened, but we should be able to ask questions without being accused of things.

And that's a really nice story there from your friend, I hope they turn it into a Disney film.

it is though,

what if two drunk people end up getting together? both were active participants at the time, neither can remember consenting afterwards

if neither want to press charges, no assault happened, everyone carries on as normal

if one (or both) feel they wouldn't have engaged in such activity if they hadn't been drunk, or they didn't really know what they were doing, they can't remember consenting, or they can but feel they were too drunk to be able to willingly consent, things could be very different

No, none of us can say for definite what happened.

However, the witnesses, the bouncers etc all can. He was literally pulled off her, after he carried her away from somewhere else, and you still suggest he might not have done anything wrong.

He was found guilty unanimously of a crime that is hard to prove. That tells me everything about what this scumbag did.

But you continue being a danger to women there like a weird man.

• Advertisement

My God, you are dramatic. It’s as if you cared about these people.

Which you don’t really,because you are just using this as a platform. But sure, label me whatever if it makes you feel better. Enjoy.

I don't care for anyone who sexually assaults someone, no.

You do though, for some weird reason.

And you also cared enough that you wanted someone to break the law so you could watch videos of a woman being sexually assaulted.

Then how comes you care so much for someone who was/ thinks they were/ thinks they might have been a victim, no matter the circumstances? When context can mean everything?

Yes, I do have my own reasons for my stance, but they would not fit the carefully constructed persona you made me out to be.

Maybe someone who observed the trial could conclude it was fair and transparent but as just some random person on the internet who heard about this story on this message board I have trouble finding some answers that would make it seem a lot more transparent to me.

Who were the women that passed by and recorded the incident and what do they have to say now? Why is there no mention of them? There has been a lot of hate directed their way on the internet in the form of 'how could those women record sexual assault'. If those women didn't come to the conclusion that a sexual assault happened, there surely that opens up reasonable doubt. Or if they did they are evil bastards that deserve to be shamed also. Is that not a crime to not interrupt and in fact record a crime(of a sexual nature) that is taking place. If they as first hand witnesses couldn't conclude whether a sexual assault was taking place then how could anyone else?

Why has there been no statements from the defendant or the bare minimum from his solicitor, no apology, no remorse, no 'I was railroaded', nothing except 'I will commit suicide'. Is it that he hasn't made any statements, or the media just haven't reported it or is there some kind of gag order?

Did the defendant take the stand? If so what did he have to say? Is there a court transcript available anywhere or any kind of analysis of this case outside of the sensational tabloids?

I'm not looking for any gory details.

There is no thinking about it. She is a victim.

A man was found guilty of sexually assaulting her, therefore causing harm to her.

The context here is that he was found guilty, unanimously, of sexual assault. You weren't in the court room, where all of the context was presented to the jury.

The persona comes from you trying to make excuses for not one but two sex offenders, one of which admitted his actions, as well as demanding links to evidence/videos of a woman being sexually assaulted.

It's weird behaviour and the only one not living in the real world is you.

Two different scenarios.

Couple met one night, get drunk, have sex, wake up next day, hungover, no harm done. No complaints. No assaults. Happens every week for thousands of people.

Another couple, one of them very drunk, the other one assaults the drunk person, who cannot consent, because they are too drunk. Afterwards, drunk person makes complaint.

Completely different.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

This is the second time in the tread you have implied that incapacitated women are fair game. Your position is illegal, immoral and disgusting.

Yawn, so you admit that you are judging me based on my comments on two threads. As expected.

You know you should really try to distance yourself from what you think people are like, and accept them for what they are/ could be like. It would probably save you, and your cronies, a lot of heartache in the long run.

It’s adorable that you expect everyone to be and think like you, but it’s nothing but naïve. You will always have someone taking advantage, because they can.

You don't have those details because it was a newspaper report.

if you're interested in watching a trial you can go to court and watch. Open and transparent

I would recommend it actually

• Advertisement

Re-read what you just quoted. That question had clearly not been gender specific until I asked the addressee to clarify their previous statement. I don’t think it was unclear.

Advertisement