Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXV-956,720 ROI (5,952 deaths) 452,946 NI (3,002 deaths) (08/01) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Avon8

This vaccinated stuff actually scares me. We are a vaccinated nation. We have 95%+ vaccination rate. We've defeated the anti vaxers with ease. This scare mongering and restrictions are actually feeding into their conspiracy theories.

Of the 5%, I know of two unvaxed people. One has had one dose but is 31 weeks pregnant and her doctor told her to hang on until after the birth. The second is 29 weeks and her husband was in bed for 4 days after dose 1, and 2 days after dose 2. She hasn't bothered.

This is the extent of our anti vax community. Can we please cop the fcuk on and put our efforts and fears into actual productive ways to sort this mess out

• Registered Users Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭brickster69

No idea. Probably won't be allowed on the flight. Possibly would have to do MHQ for a week and get a PCR test. MHQ is £2700 / week

“The earth is littered with the ruins of empires that believed they were eternal.”

- Camille Paglia

• Registered Users Posts: 7,358 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

95% of the adult population.

Not the overall population.

A fact that seems to have gone over many peoples heads.

Grand yeah. Pin down toddlers and force jabs into their arms. It may help their 0.00 death rate. Hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 13,317 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

I suspect support for closing pubs is at an all time high.

The only thing that will change this support is an increase in taxation to fund the compensation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,358 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Case numbers going through the roof and every adult I know of in my town who has Covid or recently had was double vaccinated.

Strangely enough the very few adults I know of that are not vaccinated haven't caught Covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,439 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

It doesn't matter. The simple need a scapegoat and the unvaccinated are it.

But at least the unvaccinated as scapegoat stops the loons really going after those dirty covid spreading toddlers, so thats something at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭fm

Maybe it's because the unvaccinated can't get in anywhere,not having a cert is protecting them😀

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭bloopy

It is scary what is being promoted at the moment.

For the last few months I have been trying to get an idea of weekly deaths and icu vaccination status of patients. I did this by using the hspc weekly Friday reports which ran from April 1st until a week before the date of each publication.

Unfortunately the HSPC nixed these reports Friday just gone and replaced them with a report that starts 27 June until 20 November. Unfortunately this has made it impossible to continue to track the weekly admissions and deaths without going through months of reports. It may be easier if I can compare next Friday's report with this fridays (assuming they keep June 27 as the start date).

I have also been keeping an eye on the CSO Deaths And Cases Series for the latest update. They have been released every two weeks on a Friday since March 2020. This Friday just gone is the first time that this report has not been released in 20 months. I do not know if it has been nixed also or just delayed until tomorrow.

CSO report series 36 is at the following link. The figures I will use are from Table A.

The new style report from the HSPC does give a percentage for confirmed unvaccinated in the total case rate for the period 17 October to 20 November.

The percentage is 13% confirmed unvaccinated for this period.

The CSO also gave the weekly percentage for confirmed unvaccinated for each week from 20 August to 12 Novermber (linked above Table A).

For some of the period in the HSPC report the percentage was:

22 Oct 32%

29 Oct 24%

5 Nov 21%

12 Nov 12%

For this period this gives a percentage of 22.25% confirmed unvaccinated.

Between the 12 Nov and 20 Nov that percentage was reduced to 13% confirmed unvaccinated.

From what I can work out (and I might have made a mistake in the numbers here somewhere so let me know if I have), the only way that it can be reduced to 13% is if confirmed unvaccinated made up just 4 or 5% of the case numbers for that week.

Unfortunately this is information that is two weeks old by now. But the percentage confirmed unvaccinated had been dropping pretty rapidly in the weeks leading up to that week.

Unfortunately, it is difficult to see what (if any ) effect this has had on admissions as the new HSPC reports are now two weeks out of date instead of one. With another week before an updated report is released.

Assuming they keep June 27 as the start days then it might be possible to calculate weekly admission rates or deaths again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭72sheep

This is a worryingly bold from MM. NPHET pushed behind a govmt relations team on Friday and so they can't counter this particularly aggressive govmt statement coming on the Sunday evening. Now whatever could MM be planning!?! 

The in-fighting scientists and medics are not blameless and are being played like fools. Looking on the positive side, there is loads of money to be made providing media training to these people :-)  

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

But Leo and Mehole say different! According to those two and their merry band of supporters, the unvaccinated carry covid 24/7, never recover from it, spread it like wildfire and yet hog ICU beds like a middle lane driver on the M50.

Grand pal. You played pedantic Pete about what percentage is vaccinated. My original post was clearly referring to the restrictions imposed on non vaccinated adults and the talk that it may become mandatory in future. We have a miniscule anti vax community that is way too small to matter was my point, and well meaning people are being caught in the crossfire

The point about kids Is a completely separate matter. Unless you're a conspiracy theorists yourself and you think WHO guidelines are wrong, and that we should be vaxing kids way quicker than we are already, then the point around general population Vax rate is irrelevant. We're on course with everyone else on that score. What more would you like us to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Rynaldo

Is inciting hatred a crime?

Double jabbed / triple jabbed / unjabbed whatever.

Is this the society we are going to manipulated into? Will have to see if I fit under the floorboards if the trajectory of this aggression continues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭bloopy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

The headline should be, Public mood turns against the Government

• Registered Users Posts: 8,210 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Yeah, going by this thread and others, it should say public mood turns against the government. The brief anger about the unvaccinated came and went when it started to become more and more obvious that the vaccines aren't all they were cracked up to be. It's gaslighting. "No no, don't look behind the curtain, look over there!"

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Rynaldo

Quite relieved at some of the responses here, in my social circle there are more than a few seeming to get some perverse pleasure from watching the segregation of the unvaccinated, and it's not public health that they're expressing this joy from.

This covid experience has shown me more about society and people than the rest of my life had combined, depressingly sobering.

It's like watching the invention of a religion in a cave 50,000 years ago because people needed something to believe in in order to give their world meaning. It can't just be a shlt time. There must be sinners out there ruining everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

Just a question on the Government controlling public communications from NPHET.

Will the letters from the CMO to Donnelly still be published on gov.ie website?

I don't always agree with NPHET's advice or what the Government choose to do with their advice but I would still like to know how the Government arrived at whatever restrictions they impose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

There is no reason for that to change but we can expect a lot less of the CMO and others tweeting or chatting to the media or making press releases.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

Tbh, I am ok with that if I can still easily find the advice NPHET give to Government if I want to.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭The Nu man in town

Hopefully we get a banger of a storm tomorrow to remind people there is more to life than covid.

The ultra busy dr.Mary xavier of nphet on the radio.she hasn’t got the message

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

DSE have revised their mask mandate for primary schools.

Also recent HSE data shows that 37% of all tests currently are kids.

Storms will happen every year, pandemics once in a generation, but they have and always will happen, but to wish for a huge storm with associated disruption to prove a point?

Just when you think this place cant get any more unhinged

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭The Nu man in town

Nothing I say, do or think will make any difference to whatever the storm throws at us tomorrow.

I wonder will the test addicts stay at home tomorrow or put lives at risk in search of their paid days off to "isolate"

And the pandemic is effectively over in Ireland by the way, its a casedemic at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,377 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

"Test addicts". **** hell.

This place really loses the run of itself over the weekend. paranoia levels through the roof. People need to stay off boards when they're coming down or hungover.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Thankfully my toilet blocked up this morning. Gave me 10 minutes when I didnt have to worry about the Covid and it made me realise theres more to life.

Thank you Toiletman

Advertisement