Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Covid-19 measures are permanent, don't be a boiling frog!

Options

Comments

Erm, how can one not "believe" in the flu vaccine? Covid is far more virulent than the flu btw, consider the number of deaths caused by it in spite of global lockdowns. I'm also inclined to believe you made up your "staunch lefty" anecdotes btw....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,891 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Unvaccinated people are more likely than vaccinated to transmit Covid, contract Covid and die from it.

Note how the politician misunderstands the study. Its how a lot of anti-vax propaganda works, by deliberately distorting information.

Interesting how you chose to attack facts on vaccines, but you never dare question someone who claims this whole pandemic was "planned" by "masters" controlling all governments worldwide.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭Markus Antonius

Great, another "fact checker" article, those are never biased 🙄

The article concluded that what Verona Murphy said was partially true because vaccinated and unvaccinated have equivalent peak viral loads. Of course, they then go on to get some opinion from well-known vaccine cheerleaders Paul Moynagh and Cillian DeGascun who give little more than speculation:

“So even though they have an equivalent peak viral load, they’re probably responsible for fewer retransmissions, because they’re probably infectious for a shorter period of time.”

"Probably" this and "Probably" that. We're seeing lockdowns for unvaccinated and potentially vaccine mandates being brought in off the back of nothing other than pure anecdote and speculation.

I wouldn't expect anything less to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Shilock

Definitely not made up ancedotes. I'm a liberal myself and I think some of us can be quite staunch and stubborn including myself about my views but I'm trying to get more moderate now and open my mind a bit more. I was so narrow minded at one stage my ears were touching each other. I couldn't listen to others views and opinions because it didn't match my world view. It made me a very angry and shallow person. But that's my own observation of myself I shouldn't be bringing that to the discussion

I think the flu is just as dangerous as covid when it's caught, my grandmother died of the common cold during the 80's and that year it got a lot of people in the old folks home.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

You're welcome to show that that fact checker site is biased.

But you won't. Cause your claim is bullshit as always. It's you being lazy and throwing out false accusations you know are bullshit and can't back up because you can't actually address the point.

The reason you and your pals claim all fact checker sites are involved in the conspiracy is because they don't support your conspiracy claims.

And a reminder: You have claimed all space missions are faked. No one takes your opinion about what is and isn't science seriously.

Your continued posting here only kills the credibility of anti-vaxxers. Please keep going.

• Advertisement

Thanks, but I wouldn't say it's a cool story. I just couldn't comprehend someone who will happily take the vaccine for covid and steer away from the flu vaccine. But yet they're all about protecting people.

"Those are never biased" Yeah I'll trust a fact-checking article (multiple ones actually) that reference a study over some internet person who believes satellites are fake.

Vaccinated and unvaccinated have equivalent peak viral loads. Viral load is related to infectiousness (to others). That viral load drops off more quickly in vaccinated. Therefore, unvaccinated are more likely to transmit the virus than vaccinated.

If someone wants to make a choice for their own risk, unless they are living in the middle of nowhere with zero contact with people, then vaccines are a no brainer because they dramatically reduce the risk of severe Covid (and death from the disease)

If someone wants to make a choice for risk to others, then again the vaccine is a no-brainer as they are less likely to a) contract it and b) transmit it than vaccinated people.

You have no answer to this but belligerence and whataboutery.

650k die annually from the flu. Nearly 6 million have died from covid to date. The mortality rate is up to ten times greater than the flu. So covid is far deadlier.

Fyi, I do get the flu vaccine annually and if your supposed anecdote happened. It does not make it remotely representative.

The virus doesn't care about politics or your views on politics.

You mentioned 80 year old family members. Someone who is unvaccinated is more likely to pass it to those 80 yr old relatives. Would you prefer that person in contact with them was vaccinated or unvaccinated?

And just to be clear, it's been a very long while since anyone has even attempted to suggest any measures are going to be permanent.

This thread is now just a dumping ground for the usual anti-vaxx and anti-science nonsense.

We should take this as an admission from the conspiracy theorists that the conspiracy theory here is false.

They aren't going to state that directly because they aren't that honest. But they've all seemed to have given up on the claim that measures are going to be permanent.

• Advertisement

Buzzer is claiming all this is planned, and that it's worldwide. Waiting to hear what the conspiracy is.

I don't discriminate on people's choice of who they should be in contact with.

We're all well advised about social distancing, hand hygiene and sanitation. Whether you're vaccinated or unvaccinated if you're going to respect vunerable people's personal boundaries then it's well to make a personal risk assessment and stand back.

My unvaccinated family member keeps their distance and is generally a loner like a lot of the unvaccinated because people are steering clean of them now and I suppose hopefully when this ends people will burn their passports and get on with their lives.

Like I said for personal reasons and equality I do not darken the doors of anywhere looking for passports and the fact that 94% of us adults are vaccinated what's the point in treating people as if they are potential killer's.

It's only fueling division, hatred and paranoia.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭Markus Antonius

Funny you to mention politics given you couldn't be any more pro-government if you tried. You have supported every single government measure over the last 2 years regardless of how idiotic it was.

Again, you believe that all space missions are fake, man.

So any comment on the conspiracy theory being presented here that all or some measures are going to be permanent for secret, ulterior motives?

Is this a rational thing to claim?

Does claiming this help with division and paranoia?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,335 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

9/11 was a lie?

what else is a lie?

Do you believe the earth is flat?

Have humans ventured onto our moon?

Do you believe our sun isn’t the centre of the universe?

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭NaFirinne

We will see the antichrist rise to power around 2030 or before.

Prepare for his arrival by repenting and staying focused on Christ.

I realise people think this is a belief, but it's not. I know you all think this is crack pot stuff and that is fine. However watch how things unfold and in the coming years - just remember you were warned. Maybe you might come to know the Lord before it's too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,704 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

People have been saying this for 2000 years.

People need to stop reading this bullshit.

Again, thanks for illustrating why people do not take any of the claims here seriously.

But you do deserve credit for at least being open about your extreme beliefs, unlike others here.

Your think is crack pot stuff unfortunately.

So why do you believe your prediction about the antichrist is accurate while all of the others who have claimed the exact same thing have failed?

At what point would you accept your predication has failed?

Why do the MSM not report on this fact more?

It really annoys me that it’s not reported that vaccinated people DO NOT transmit this virus as much as unvaccinated people.

• Advertisement

Wasn’t the Anti Christ thing said before 2020 and you bunch of crazies pointed towards trump as the Antichrist or some other such bullshit? I can’t remember as I don’t pay too much attention to bullshit.

You do realise the whole Christ/antichrist thing is a fairytale that was told by the church to keep people in line and that was in fact the great conspiracy.

How ironic.

Do you believe the earth is flat? 

Have humans ventured onto our moon? 

Do you believe our sun isn’t the centre of the universe?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,618 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

And in 2030 you will predict it will happen in 2040 and so on..

It's nothing to do with discrimination or "equality".

It's a simple risk assessment. You have an 80 year old family member, you have to choose someone to care for them. There is an unvaccinated person and a vaccinated person. Which one do you choose?

The logical answer is the vaccinated person as there a lower risk. Keyword: lower.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,405 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

what is your source for this prediction? why is this prediction more accurate than the hundreds that came before?

I hope it passes and we'll be back to normal. People get into conspiracy theories when they start seeing patterns in things and hearing political leaders and senior civil servants tell lies and suggest one thing and do the opposite. Pareidolia isn't uncommon one person could see a resemblance of a demon in the grain of a teak door and someone else sees a grain and some blobs. And no matter how one sees the blob or demon shape they both cannot discuss it without underninng the other and getting personal. Arguing about it is just a waste of energy.

He's sees a demon's face, she sees a blob.. I've heard people say God sent pazuzu from the west winds to wreak havoc on humanity with the covid, which is their interpretation of their world view.

I have looked at both sides of the argument, and indeed history repeats itself, the goal posts have been moved so many times during the last 2 years.

Some people are unable to adapt to the chopping and changing, others will comply without question. A lot of people who are complying with this have financial commitments and need to comply in order to keep face, their jobs and lively hoods depends on taking the vaccine so even if they don't want to take it, they'll say feck it I'll do as they say and hopefully I'll have a normal life again. Then the virus say's feck you I'm going to mutate and show you who's boss. One person will say ok it's mutated I'll have to be more careful, another will say look I told you it's the same virus but they're telling you it mutated. Someone else will say they haven't isolated the virus how can they prove it mutated. Another will say the vaccines are causing the mutation and trying to outmanoeuvre the vaccine. Then you've an absolute circus going on. Well never please everyone. Then you've the media hyping the fear up and suggesting that a certain cohorts of society are the trouble maker's. You've people who suffer from anxiety disorders and one will take the vaccine because they're petrified, another won't take the vaccine because they'll be catastrophizing another conspiracy...the perfect storm King Mob

And I'm getting sick of trying to consider all the variables, but I don't think there's a conspiracy about the new world order or wealthy people trying to control us all and eventually we'll be all put into cities like a 2000 AD mega city. Or take people's homes from them next and put them into small apartments and house families in the dream house that a single guy or woman dreamed about having, paid for and it's gone due to a huge financial crash etc

it's all nuts isn't it

• Registered Users Posts: 25,516 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Unvaccinated family friends, dead grannies that caught the flu and died, friends who are pro vax but anti flu jab, you have an anecdotal friend for every situation don't you?

And there it is again, anyone who disagrees with conspiracy theorist crapola here is automatically "pro-government" or "pro-science" or "pro-mass media" or whatever. Tribalistic nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

I believe that the Antichrist was Christ himself. Put on this earth to encourage harmful religions. So there ya go. Looks like mine is more accurate than yours.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement