Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Slight TA , but more embarrassing for me.

Pulled up to get diesel last night. Then tried to find the lever for popping the fuel cap. No sign of it anywhere. After 5 mins searching for it with the light on my phone, I remember it doesn't have one !! You just push it from outside.

With petrol stations, it can also depend on what side your tank is. I often see eejits pull up on the wrong side to their tank and straining like hell to make the hose reach their car.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Luke O Neill, the Vogue Williams of the science world. I had heard of him briefly from a few science clips pre pandemic but i didnt realise he was so desparately fond of the camera. Every day there is a radio or tv interview or online article where he assumes the role of chief message conveyer and myth buster on topics such as boosters, vaccines, R rate and restrictions..where would we be without his hourly educational videos...

The worst thing abour him is his unflinching optimism. Even last January when Delta was killing thousands and Level 5 restrictions was wreaking havoc on peoples mental, physical and financial health, he was there with his smug smile talking about building up a knowledge of the virus or the classic one, "lessons learned going forward". Fcuk off will ya, sometimes an event is just horrendous and pointless.

I'm in a grumpy mood today, sorry , but another TA is Facebook dating. Because I'm in the North, and on sky UK WiFi, it keeps showing me matches who live in Scotland. As attractive as they are , I've no Intention of going to Renfrewshire for a date :/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,662 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Doing the Christmas decorations solo. It took me forever just to get everything down from the attic. Sorry I even started now.

• Advertisement

So I spent the entire day at this. I'm knackered, filthy, starving and my hands are in tatters. Still, I said to myself, it'll all be worth it when you're putting your lovely new Hogwarts tree topper on the top of the tree...

And then I remembered that you can't see the top of my tree because of the bay window.

Fcuk this sh!t, I'm opening the wine and ordering pizza.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭3d4life

Great tree DH :)

( Just turning it vertical so that lappy users can appreciate )

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

I’ve my house number displayed in 3 inch numerals beside the door of my house. There’s a light on over the front door, so it’s fully illuminated and visible from the road. I provide my correct address and eircode with my orders.

And still almost every delivery driver tries to deliver my take-aways to my neighbours. Not just one specific neighbour - any random neighbour within 4 houses of me ether side or across the road. Despite the fact that they all have very visible and legible numbers on their door that - and this is the important bit - are not my number.

Your only job is to take food from one place and bring it to another. How do you get the latter part wrong - no matter what I do to help you - every single time?

Thanks! Couldn't figure out a) why it rotated in the first place and b) how to fix it.

I'd much prefer a real tree but we got one that was full of weevils one year and my sister freaked out and bought this the following Christmas.

Post edited by Dial Hard on

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Was in Lidl this afternoon at a peak time. One thing I find annoying about their set-up is that with the new regulation around the alcohol section being cordoned off so to speak, the queue for the check-out nearest to it always sort of drifts between two check-outs. But the bedlam seemed worse than usual this time.

Why? Because some woman was blocking everyone queuing at checkout 1 with her large trolley so she could smell all the Yankee candles. And letting her two toddlers maul and smell every candle while she was at it. Absolute eejit.

• Advertisement

A very impressive tree.

What's a hogwarts tree topper ? I gather it's Harry Potter. But is it magic :) ,? And can I buy one anywhere?

Post edited by cj maxx on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Gyms that don’t advertise their prices.

There is a gym beside work and I checked their website and nothing. I telephoned and they wouldn’t say but I need to come in and meet a membership consultant.

I’d like a tour sure but I’ve done this method before and I don’t like it. The gym salesperson will show me a list of outrageous prices and then go next door to chat with friends and come back and offer some managers special one time only amazing discount.

Just give the price

Post edited by mikemac2 on

• Registered Users Posts: 8,828 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

That gyms use the term "membership consultant"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

It regularly happens when I'm shopping for a pair of jeans. When I find a pair I like all they have left are sizes for morbidly obese shortarses or stick thin beanpoles with stilts for legs.

I'd rather be ironing my hands than being in work this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭honeyjo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

The more you know...

I was watching QI and they mentioned that Shakespeare's use of a certain word was slang for cock, then days later passed a house near the church with that word in it's name. The guy who named it that was the sort of person who would have been aware what it was slang for, and would have been delighted with himself getting the name past An Post/the council/whoever checks a house name isn't offensive. The guy's been dead for twenty years and every time I pass where he lived I'm going to be annoyed by thinking 'cock'!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,374 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

When your Monday workday is crap and it sets the tone for a sh1t week.

• Advertisement

When someone (usually famous) is asked "What's the first thing you do in the morning?" , and they respond with - "brush my teeth/have a shower"...

Hows about - "first thing? You mean, like after I get out of bed - I suppose going for a leak is the first thing I do In t'morning".... Never hear it said though...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Its like that Bonzo Dog Dooh-Dah Band track Mr Slater's Parrot, some of you might remember it as a soundtrack I think to one of the Cadbury's Fruit and Nut adverts, but its spoken intro goes like this: " Hello and how did you find yourself this morning." " Well, I just threw back the sheets and there I was." 😀😀😀😀

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

My dad and sister nearly had a full-on row earlier over the whereabouts of a very elderly neighbour who fell outside her house last week. My dad saw it and picked her up, brought her inside, called the doc etc.

Dad: She's in the States with her son now.

Sister: She's not, Dad, she's in Cavan (rolly eyes emoji personified)

Dad: She's not, she's in Virginia with Darragh*

Sis: What are you even talking about??? She's gone. To. CAVAN.

Dad: She's in shaggin Virginia!

Me: Eh, guys, allow me to tell you about this little town in Cavan...

*Names changed for privacy

I think the best part was when, about half an hour later, when the conversation had long moved on, he said almost to himself "I was thinking a transatlantic flight was a bit much for her alright."

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,374 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Met Eireann are a major TA at this stage with their coloured warnings. The last 2 or 3 red storm warnings we got nothing actually happened and now they are closing the schools. I swear to God there better be winds of biblical proportions tomorrow or else I may be forced to write a strongly worded letter.

Please God let the internet be knocked out so I can get a duvet day from work

Jayus I am after seeing the worst ad for game on the phone. I'm playing words with friends then an ad for a game app comes on between games. It's about a husband , who only married his wife for children, and you have to dress her to make her husband love her!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Subtitles on Virgin Media One are rubbish.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Advertisement

I've lost my kettle!! It's 2x bed bungalow and I had coffee at 4 oclock. Fancied a pot noodle and can't find the kettle anywhere. FFFF I know I'm feckless but this is a new low !!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement