Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling on Irish country roads

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭Macy0161

I would be mainly commuting in the dark tbh, or short enough evening loops.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,123 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Definitely no battery problems then same as myself. Most of my cycling at night is in a city too which is why I had never really thought about what happens if a light breaks

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Spent two hours clocking up 60km this evening around the roads of N Kildare in the dark. Although it was bitterly cold, it was a lovely spin. The only times I felt passing traffic was close was in Leixlip with street lighting (and me very visible). On the unlit country roads, any drivers that passed me did so giving plenty of room and surprisingly many drivers waited before overtaking if there was a bend further on (it is common to see drivers overtake on the immediate approach to a bend during the daytime).

Advertisement