Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyberpunk - CD Project Red

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭KurtBarlow

How does this game play on the PS5

Is the general consensus that with the game taking so long to come out that its generally been a disappointment ? Or is it just the bugs that's annoying people

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Cordell

Is plays fine on PS5.

If you need to ask why was it a disappointment, well, it means that you weren't following it as we did, you didn't built up the expectations so you will avoid disappointment 😀 Enjoy it, it's a good enough game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

It plays fine, and they've surely made improvements from the last time I played it, but a dedicated PS5/One X version will be released so I'd potentially hold on until that if you haven't played..

When is it released? I have no idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,993 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I’ve finished watching Tim Rogers’ extremely long review of this and it’s a damn good piece of video game criticism. Obviously it’s loaded with all the droll tangents and verbose meanderings he’s known for, but it’s also a very funny and insightful take on the game and modern open world games in general.

Be warned: the intro video below is an hour or so long, but the actual review is much longer. You’ll find out why and how as you watch 😎

• Advertisement

I'd only be interested in playing this if either

a) They delivered the game they promised

Or

b) It was released on Xbox GamePass

• Registered Users Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Thinking about finally getting this. How is it fairing these days on ps4 or xbox one versions?

It was 50% off until a week ago, so you just missed a price drop.

I've heard they have fixed a number of the bugs, but the performance is still sub par on those systems.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Ah nuts. I see it for 25 euro in Smyths. Was hoping it would be a bit better by now. Ah cheers tho.

• Advertisement

I'm just going to wait a couple of years for the special edition with all the DLC, the bug fixes and the next gen upgrade, all for €20. 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I dunno why but I'm quite looking forward to playing this on next gen early next year. I only stopped playing at launch as it kept hard crashing my ps5. Hopefully they managed to not only did the bugs bit also add some qol updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Actually came back to this last month and finished it. I enjoyed it a lot, only had one crash and there wasn’t much bugs. the texture pop ins are still shocking though. The world was fairly empty as well, you’d be lucky to have 2 cars on the road at once.

Was surprised at how short the story was though, I came back into with 29 hours played and I was only 2 missions off the final one. It felt like I had only started the game, so just done a lot of side missions and gigs. Had about 60 hours done by the time I finished it. Will prob come back to it next year if the Expansion is decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Homelander

I have a good PC but still waiting for it to be the best version it possibly can before I play. I'd say it'll be middle of next year by the time I get around to it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I've said it several times in this thread, but to me the major issue wasn't the bugginess (although the console versions were a genuine disgrace). It's that underneath it all it's not a very good game. At the very least it's not a patch on The Witcher 3. Bad shooting, unpolished RPG mechanics, endless inventory juggling, a poorly realised world and a weirdly stop-start story are what lurks underneath the undeniably lavish facade. Even if they hadn't promised the world, there's not a whole lot going on in here that hasn't been done better.

While I'll enjoy spending an hour or two taking a drive around the next-gen version and the impressive tech on display, any expansion would want to be a pretty substantial overhaul of the core mechanics to really rescue Cyberpunk 2077. I'll be curious to see where the wider consensus lands once those next-gen versions are out.

Am I the only person who thought The Witcher 3 had incredibly shallow RPG mechanics? I know most people think good story = good RPG, but I thought the leveling system, skill system, build options, etc were shite.

I didn't enjoy the game at all, and thus wasn't surprised by the failure of Cyberpunk.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭ricimaki

I really enjoy playing Cyberpunk 2077, have put nearly 240 hours in it, and will certainly be playing it more when the DLC and updates land. I have been playing it on PC and have had a very good experience.

Whilst its not the game that was marketed, its still a fun game, with excellent characters, a strong story, with a variety of different side quests and play styles. I think if you're on PC its well worth picking up for €30.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

I picked this up on black Friday for €25 (PS4 version playing on PS5).

I enjoyed the initial two to three hours, there was a lot to like there and I figured since it'd been a year since release maybe most of the bugs have been patched out.

Alas, this is not the case. Game is a buggy mess beyond the second main story mission. The delamain car recovery missions have left a delamain map thing permanently stuck on the left of my screen. I can't use my phone at all. If someone calls me there is two character models in the call, one for the person who called me and for some reason the delamain character model is permanently there.

Pop in is absolutely awful, terrible. V will get on a bike and camera view switches to third person, cue V with a bald head for two seconds until his hair / hat whatever pops on to his character model. Same with NPCs, sometimes I am staring the face of a pixelated PS1 looking character until their character model pops in and normality resumes.

The map in the top right of screen sometimes dies when I'm driving and I have to stop for a sec to give it a moment to come back. Drive too fast down a road and the markings etc will disappear.

I waited until a year after release and it's still in a pretty shocking state, I can only imagine how pissed I'd be if I'd ponied up full price on release.

In its current state its not even worth the €25 black Friday price I paid. If you're a console gamer (specifically PS) and still haven't bought it, wait until it's a free playstation plus monthly game.

Thanks for the heads up. So glad I didn't buy it for Black Friday, I was tempted!

It does have shallow RPG mechanics because it's not a pure RPG. It's an action RPG, just like Cyberpunk 2077 is, that is, it emphasizes action and story over the RPG mechanics.

Cyberpunk failed not because it had the same shortcomings of Witcher 3, it failed because it doesn't have all the things that made Witcher 3 such a great game. Well, it didn't really fail absolutely, it failed to live up to the expectations they set themselves, which is borderline fraud, not failure.

• Advertisement

I watched a comparison video between The Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk, and in terms of skills, perks and build variety, Cyberpunk does seem to be more in depth.

But I haven't played it, so I have to take the reviewers word on that.

You're right though, they set expectations too high themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭Shred

Every so often I get tempted to buy this, but then I check in on this thread and I back away again as nothing much seems to have changed since launch..

For anyone interested though, it's on CDKeys currently for €15.49 (PC) & €34.49 (XBOX) https://www.cdkeys.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=cyberpunk

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭a2deden

Im the same lol, it goes on sale i think about it, everyone says wait till next gen version and i decide not to buy it

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭SamStonesArm

I loved the game. Havnet played it in a while, havent played any game in a while but yeah I bought Cyberpunk on Stadia at release and there was bugger all bugs using stadia. Cleared the game twice and will definitely go back and play it another few times with different setups. I have it on google family share, wink wink

Well I didn't hold off too much longer in the end - I finally talked myself into it and bought the PC version via CD-Keys; all my hesitation cost me an extra €1.20 ffs *skakes fist*!

It's about 60% installed atm and I may, or may not (as is my wont) be back with my thoughts - bate your breath gang!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,922 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

I don't know why people are comparing this to The Withcher both completely different type of games I was listening to a guy on YouTube who loves cyberpunk through the years and said the setting was exactly what it is. People through hype with how long it was taking (a big red flag imo) and what other were saying along with the bugs made this game a flop. Now he does know PC and what his can take so he limited his PC and he worked it well

They are the same genre and they were made by the same studio so naturally people will compare them and there was the expectation that Cyberpunk will be just as good as the Witcher 3 but it wasn't.

It's not a bad game, but it's not the masterpiece we were promised and expecting.

My early impressions are it's a decent game, reminiscent of Deus Ex on a larger scale. It's not running great tbh though, but that's at least partly due to me still running a GTX 1070; I'm well overdue a new GPU but don't expect to be able to buy a decent one for some time by the looks of things. So far, it's worth the <€20 I paid anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

I finished this the other week, and I’ve got to say it’s been my favourite game I’ve played this year. Put about 70 hours into my play through and probably would of easily put another 20 into if I had something to do in the game. I’ve cleared the whole map but that was in 2 stretches, the first one was then game released and another 50 or so hours in the past couple of months. Only about 3 trophies off getting the platinum as well but I’d need another full play through to get those so hopefully be able to get them when the expansion drops.

I feel like the game is a lot more enjoyable if you view it as an action game rather than a rpg, I’ve rarely bothered with the skill tree or cyberwares besides the ones that I needed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement