Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Barra - December 7th/8th 2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,028 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

As far as I am aware it is Tuesday late afternoon in Cork.

I’ll leave the app running and see what it tracks - interesting. The iPhone sensor seems pretty sensitive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,636 ✭✭✭✭fits

Where do you see the pressure readings? Do you need an app?

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭aisling86

Yeah you need an app to access the sensor. I’m using “Barometer and Altimeter Pro”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I have one called physics suite for the iPhone which is excellent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,658 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Potted plant blew over, i dont think i bought enough brennans bread and milk to get me through this.....

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

Edit physics toolbox sensor suite. The iPhone has an excellent barometer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,636 ✭✭✭✭fits

App giving me 972 mb here. 67 m asl.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 PukkaPad

Just started gusting quite strongly here in D24 in the last couple of mins right on schedule for the orange warning kicking in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,085 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Not sure it needs a sticky just needs people to understand the world doesn't revolve around their own front door step.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,043 ✭✭✭appledrop

Good morning, wilder than I expected here in North County Dublin so far.

Rain bouncing off the windows and strong gusts at time.

No one here will be leaving house today!

970.5 24m asl

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭adocholiday

Seems an awful lot worse here in south Wicklow than was forecast so far. The sustained winds are relentless. Usually you see a let up between the gusts but it is non stop out here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭Vaccinated30

Im in north Dub and very very windy and wet. I wouldnt have sent the kids to school if it was open

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,967 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Squall just hit now in Waterford City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,015 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Surprised you'd not checked this Bread advisory 😁 full disclosure, from another thread and poster

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Do people like you ever think of reading full details of things before making stupid comments?

The amber areas "may be upgraded to red status" was in ME's report.

Now, do some eejits think that kids should be brought to school in the current conditions when there is potential for an upgrade to red alert and then is that red alert is issued, call all the parents and tell them to collect the kids immediately?

Weather forecasting is NOT AN EXACT SCIENCE. Never has, never will be. With an extremely fast moving system anything can set it slightly off course especially when it hits landfall.

Ophelia was a very damaging storm. The fact that it did not cause more injury and death was due to the precautions taken. But people like you concentrated on the reports of areas where there was not as much damage and totally and utterly ignored the areas where there was extensive damage because it just did not suit your narrative

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭HBC08

I'm currently in Heathrow hoping my flight takes off in an hour and hoping even more so it lands about an hour later!

Renting a car and driving across the country to the West then,a bit worried but sure we'll plough on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,315 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Lol nice little nod to Teresa Mannion by Joanna Donnelly just now on Radio 1

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

In Waterville, Kerry and the wind has been crazy for a few hours. It not raining at the moment, but there have been some crazy heavy downpours at times. Mad sounding at times.

Gonna go see what it's like at the beach now (from the car).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,965 ✭✭✭enricoh

Any pilots will earn their crust today. I'm 20 minutes from the airport in East Meath n this is the real deal

Ophelia was very full on in Cork. Roofs of school gyms went flying through the suburbs, my windows were literally jumping in their mounts during the worst of it. We had large items of debris actually hitting the windows. Normally in an Irish storm I wouldn’t be suggesting that everyone move away from the windows. I was that day.

Ophelia was pretty nasty.

Current rain rate 25.6mm/hr in Arklow

Wind gusting 80kmh SE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

You really need to have more coffee and learn what the word civil means before you jump up and down on your keyboard. I've engaged with other posters civilly on this and my question has been answered civilly. You'd know that too if you'd bothered to read beyond a single post but carry on swinging that club of yours and stay safe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,028 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Weather peak at 11 in Cork and Kerry according to met Eireann

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭apache

Power gone in my apartment block.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭mossie

North Cork, winds slowly picking up. Phone barometer showing 949.5 and dropping. Not sure how accurate that is. 280m asl

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,301 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Well get in contact with the minister then if you feel it’s overdramatic.

Advertisement