Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paypal app

Options
  • 07-12-2021 9:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone still uses Paypal and if so if you had experience with Paypal app?

I have seen they offer contactless payment through the app and it looks quite good, but I am not sure in terms of safety as it's like directly to the bank account and I cannot see if there is any limit available to this? I don't have contactless card at the moment so I was looking into what's the best way of getting contactless, I use Paypal from the computer quite frequently so was considering their app.

Thanks for your help!

Post edited by Boards.ie: Niamh on

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Moved to the Banking forum from Bank of Ireland forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

There's no real reason to use paypal for contactless payment is there?

If you have any issues then their customer service is one of the worst imaginable to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Ladybird25

Well, I don't have a form of contactless payment at the moment, so I am considering Paypal.

I have had no issues with their customer service but other than that, my query is if it's safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭lordsheepface

where are you seeing paypal allowing contactless payment through their app? are you suggesting paypal does something like google pay, but using paypal?

I just checked the app in the play store and had a look at what they offered, just contactless payment through your phone. I am unsure about other resources as watches...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭Spocker

This is PayPals contactless offering, using QR codes: https://www.paypal.com/ie/webapps/mpp/qrcode

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

I think you would be better off getting Revolut, rather than using paypal. Much simpler to use, and better fraud protection.

I've had a nightmare with paypal, which is one of the reasons I avoid them now. They were trying to make me do two currency conversions, to withdraw my funds. They told me to set up a second account, and transfer my balance, to avoid the conversions. Then they froze my account. And they released my funds back to me in small amounts, so it's taken over a year to be able to withdraw my funds from them.

Contacting them for help is beyond useless.

Thanks Effects, I've never had an issue with Paypal so I appreciate your comment. No need to risk it just because and Revolut it is the other option anyway.

Thanks!

Advertisement