Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,602 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Had to go to my GP to get bloods done... the physiotherapist is qualified to do the bloods and despite needing 3 samples for testing there wasn’t a scratch.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,942 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Another one here who forgets where she and bops to the music too 🙈☺

TH , was expecting a pair of boots to be delivered from brother in Canada , instead got a big box with two pairs of boots and other things ! ☺

Peter Kay's stand up where he's talking about weddings and says you always get some kid sliding through the dancefloor lol

So true...can't stop laughing...😂🤣😂

Loads of leftover holidays that I didn't get the chance to use from work and taking them all this week and next ☺️☺️☺️

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,481 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Eating banshee bones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭honeyjo

Getting positive feedback at work from a Manager and Director :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,602 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

covid times so my doc emails the results, I thought he forgot and I was about to make an appointment to see him but...everything perfect, death some way off....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I checked to see if the movie 'The Alpinist' is out and its out on 17 January. Scares the beejayus out of me these climbing films.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,081 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I’m on holidays and have the sound of crickets 😂

btw this gave me my second moment to pretend I can control nature , the crickets are driving my oh insane, so I hit Google and it said ground vibration stops them rubbing their wings and thus silences them , so i told the missus id sort it and stamped the bedroom floor and hilariously the crickets noise stopped dead (for 2 seconds)

btw the first time was convincing my daughter I can speak with birds and somehow managed to get birds to sing back to me in a forest

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,949 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

The sheer joy of the Irish player who scored a 92nd minute winner against Sweden.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I gave my little neighbour a jigsaw as a gift. She couldn't wait to start putting it together. Her mammy was delighted it was keeping the little girl entertained.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,907 ✭✭✭sporina

got a 2 page hand written letter from a mate in Oz.. they are a rare thing (hand written letters) - warmed my heart

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,840 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

The goldfinches that have found my birdfeeders in the past few days. They're absolutely gorgeous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,017 ✭✭✭✭bnt

The upcoming changes to public transport fares in Dublin will save me at least 40% on my daily commute to work, maybe more.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,253 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

In Aldi today, heard a child's voice exclaiming, with sheer joy, 'look it's Rudolph' and a little boy about 3 came skipping along the aisle, just full of happiness and innocence.

He made my day!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,267 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

30 foot waves on the north California coast.

I went to the dentist, not having been there since pre Covid. I was expecting a lecture, plus a heart attack inducing bill. Neither happened. "Just keep doing what you're doing"

The tree is up, the treats are lined up and this house is pumped for the toy show 😁🥳🥳🎅🎅

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,426 ✭✭✭✭blade1

A great day out today and fortunate to have some nice scenery around where I live.

That's the River Blackwater between the hills.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,313 ✭✭✭Archeron

Over the weekend, I was trying to describe a particularly fancy piano, and said like the one yer man had, ah whats his name. Covered in white fur and gold and a candlabra on the piano. Everybody just looked at me like I was mad.

Reading the TA thread and somebody randomly said Liberace while talking about Christmas decorations and I happily shouted out Liberace! That's the fecker.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Glad I got my cv booster two days ahead of going into cc quarantine!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭mikemac2

First day in new job. I was made redundant in October but I was job hunting for a long time and got a new job to start in December. It was nice to have a month off also.

The office is cool and super modern and was built in 2020. Ok not the most important thing but our last office was in a draughty old 1970´s office building. Hell most of the ceiling lights didn't even work and this was a bank hah!

My teammates (only met 2 as rest are working from home) are kind and the company scheduled lots of training and video calls for me to do.

Was upset to be made redundant but it was for the best and I am TH with my new job :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,253 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I was just flicking through the stations when I found the first series of Airwolf on the Horror Channel. (Horror?) A 13 year old Shannen Doherty (remember her?) made a guest appearance in the episode that was just shown.

I was never overly mad into Airwolf but it still nice to see it.

Saw someone thank their own post on a thread in CA 😀

#19 Don't know how he did it, but it gave me a laugh.. 😊 Maybe he owns the internet!

Phoned up the car insurance crowd and told them their quote way too expensive. 65 euro off, there and then, same benefits. Not bad for a five minute phone call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,840 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

The online passport renewal service is the bomb. Applied on Saturday and my passport arrived today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

It's great when you finally find something that actually works in this country. I had my new passport within just 3 days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,907 ✭✭✭sporina

v trivial but i love opening a fresh new punnet of grapes... its the littlest things.

Advertisement