Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 16 - Transfer Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,733 ✭✭✭Cartman78

I think there's a stigma attached to Fred for some reason (mainly for being shyte for a few seasons I suspect) but hard to ignore a 4.9M guaranteed starter for MUN, easy fixtures, new manager and 20 points in his last 2 games.....deffo more appealing than Bryan Mbeumo-Post anyway.

I have other fires to put out so won't get to Fred this week but one for the watchlist imho

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Cheers for that. AFCON is a good thing to consider. Maybe King sways it then. With price changes, it could be tight.

I still keep coming back to Ronaldo and those fixtures....

Which duo is better over the next say 8/10 games?

Ronaldo + Smith-Rowe (playing 3-4-3)

or

Son + Bilva (playing 3-5-2)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Have 2 FT's & unsure what way to go. For now, the plan is to do a -4 this week of Alonso, Brownhill & Toney to Lamptey, Bowen & King, with a further -4 next week of Mbeumo & Vardy to Mount & Jesus. Basically getting rid of injured/out of form players for ones with good fixtures/form. Lots of time for that plan to change yet though.

Alonso to Dias seems almost too obvious but he seems as nailed as anyone in that City team

#FredCanWait

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,193 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Ronaldo has only scored in 4 PL games, with bonus in 3 of those.

There is a couple questions about his ability to play 90 mins 3 times in a week. He should be rested for the CL game this week and then he has Norwich Brentford Brighton. Very appealing fixtures, but close together. Rangnick might think he has enough firepower to win one of those games without Ronaldo starting.

The same again can be said for the trio of fixtures of Newcastle Burnley Wolves within a week.

I think at 12.3, there are a few questions to be asked. Sancho, Bruno & Rashford could well outscore him, for cheaper. Those fixtures are so appealing, and traditionally Ronaldo would be reliable but he has gone on 3 & 4 games scoreless streaks already. Back on 1 again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,303 ✭✭✭COH

Had planned on doing Raphinha to Bernardo Silva or Bowen this week with my FT as Leeds fixtures turn sour...

But I have a giant Harry Kane shaped problem in my squad, Alonso may be out with injury and Toney now has covid.

No idea what to do!

Cancelo, Rodri & Bilva not included in their CL squad. So they are getting their rest now.

Jesus has a knock. Hopefully back in time for his birthday

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Cannot believe people are thinking of getting Fred.

Midfielders>forwards this season & you’re wasting a position on **** Fred!!

Salah, Jota, Son, Gundog, Bilva, Foden, Raphina, Bowen, Mount, ESR.

Dennis, King, Broja all viable striking options to cover as 8th attacker.

• Advertisement

If any other player than Fred had his recent form he'd probably have had two prices rises this week already 😂

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Toney was blanking week after week and got about 3 or 4 price rises :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Kane to ronaldo seems obvious . I can’t do this tho this week tho as I have 4 yellow flaggged - smith , Toney , reguil and Ben Johnson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,940 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

You could go Kane to Watkins / Antonio /King /Dennis etc instead, and change any of those other players with hits if needs be.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Rumours of a covid outbreak at Spurs. Between that and the European ties, it's worth holding off until Friday afternoon if possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I’ve generally happy with my team.

Have one transfer and will more than likely ASM->Maupay.

Have been so impressed with Brighton going forward.

Am certainly looking a Corfal, Dalot or Davies in my defence but haven’t the balls to ship James.

• Advertisement

Jayus my team is riddled in that case, no Toney, ESR (doubt) would also mean Son out. If the Spurs news is true that is at least two double gameweeks down the line now for them.

Any more injuries and I am in Free Hit territory.

Richarlison in for Vardy. (-4)

Everton have a beautiful run of fixtures up until mid-February (aside from Chelsea in GW18)

Leaves me 3.1 in the bank

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,623 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Wasn’t the talk that they wouldn’t be postponing games this season and that was why Brentford vs Arsenal went ahead?

In which case if you own Spurs assets you’d need to hope it’s not them, and accept that Spurs will probably be muck without numerous first teamers. Obviously news will become more clear throughout the week.

That seems like a clever move low owned - although Vardy has Newcastle. I was planning to get Digne at some stage. But noted in the post match that Rafa seems to have fallen out with him.

Hadn't seen your comment before posting the exact same thing in the matchday thread. He's going on the watchlist for sure.

• Advertisement

I’ve been looking at a Toney replacement for 7.8m & under and I’ve landed on Watkins, Richarlison & Benteke.

Benteke currently favourite with 4 of the next 6 at home and decent enough football.

The alternative is to replace Raphina to Mount or Bernardo.

Raphina,Toney, Duffy & Livra are my players I need replacing with 1.3m ITB

The news of Son changes things completely & I could go to Lukaku & Bowen or Foden & Mount

Had a look on a Spurs forum for more news on that and one comment said that "Son Gil Emerson Romero Davies Lucas are the COVID affected players. Mason and Stellini are the coaches".

I remember the last time that there were Spurs COVID rumours, Gil & Son were mentioned that time too. This could be just a rehash of that.

Now there is this too.

I blame the 'professional fpl influencers' on social media they create a hive mind - Adama Traore was another example where they kept going on about 'underlying stats'. Not noticing that he can't shoot accurately.

If Fred's position/role has changed he could be good value - a Gundogan 2.0 version on the cheap.

Also, Norwich played Spurs yesterday. They might have their own problems now too.

Don’t think we have seen transmission through competing teams.

It usually gets in the bubble & affects a team. Never through competing teams

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,623 ✭✭✭✭CSF

To be fair, Adama falling away was down to a regression in the underlyings, rather than continuing to underperform them.

There hasn't been too much recorded cases of in-game transmission, no, you're right.

It could just be a coincidence that Toney tested positive a day or two after playing Spurs. He could also have had it at the time of the game, unbeknownst to himself. Also, London is a large place with a lot of people!

I'm not sure on the current testing protocols.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,699 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

There was that case back in the Euros where Mount and Chilwell had to isolate after they were chatting with Chelsea team mate Gilmour after the England Scotland game. Im not sure if they ever actually tested positive or not but they did miss a game over it.

Anyway think Im sucked into the Raph to Bowen move for sure after reading through this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

I’ve already done Jimenez to Joao Pedro (bit of a punt as opposed to Dennis/King) and Raphinha to Jota early for gw16 to beat price rises.

Thoughts on Kane to Ronaldo for a -4? Should I keep Kane for one last stand vs Brighton and transfer for free gw17?

Spurs covid talk may make this move a necessity though.

Fcuk it. Went with this, with price rises incoming. I would’ve preferred King over Dennis but couldn’t afford it.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,077 ✭✭✭shmeee

If ever a week to not make any transfers until near deadline, this is it.

Midweek games and covid outbreaks.

TG I've 2 FT's at least to cover Son. Can't see many owning the other players who have been "reported" to also have tested positive; Emerson Royal, Lucas Moura, Christian Romero, Bryan Gil and Ben Davies.

I've a feeling this Spurs v Brighton game will get called off due to the number of positives cases so far..... And could be more to come.

Can Spurs afford to have the game postponed? They already have a postponed game to try fit into the schedule and I think I remember something about not postponing games this season because of COVID cases. Arsenal were not allowed postpone their game with Brentford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭steve_r

If Son is out then I'll be looking at taking my first hit of the season - Son to Bowen, and Toney to Ronaldo.

It would be taking a risk on Ronaldos minutes, but he is scoring goals and away to Norwich should suit him.

If Son is ok to play, then I'll try and bank if at all possible, it's a lot easier to move things around with 2 FTs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭crushproof

Already have Foden but got in Bilva for Gallagher, high expectations for a few City routs over Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Keeping it simple and bringing Dias in for Alonso. I won't be signing Alonso ever again, he is an awful defender, I wouldn't be surprised if he gives Hudson Odoi a proper run in the team. I still have James and Rudiger so Alonso could still indirectly cause me more misery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,450 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I'll be getting Ronaldo back in this week for Kane. Moved him for a 2 week punt for Kane's easy fixtures, Norwich and Brentford, captained him twice, and blanked twice. Now back to Ronaldo for his easy fixture with, checks notes, Norwich and Brentford.

I think i saw somewhere that Alonso was photographed taking part in training this morning. So his injury mustn't be too serious. I'm in two minds myself about getting rid of him. You would think they should get at least 3 or 4 cleanies over the Christmas period looking at their fixtures, though he does make them weaker defensively.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

As much as I don't like him if I only had 1 other Chelsea defender I would have kept him for now. Also the rest of my team is good so it's a bit of a luxury transfer. It will be interesting to see how it gets on against Raphina this weekend.

• Advertisement

After jumping from 200k to 11k in 3 GW’s, I’m in 2 minds whether to go aggressive or play it safe.

Looking at the Xmas period, current form players & most importantly fixtures I’m tempted to be aggressive and go after it.

Wilson - poor fixtures

Toney - Covid

Raphina - Poor fixturrs

Duffy - poor fixtures

Livra - poor fixtures

Son - Spurs potential Covid in camp.

£1.3m ITB. Of the above 3 will be benched this GW.

Do I play safe & go single transfer or go -4 or even -8.

Dalot, Cancelo

Mount, Bernardo, Grealish, Bowen

Benteke , Lukaku

Players I’d want!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,533 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Have two FT's and was always going to bring in Lukaku for Kane (provided he has no set-back between now and weekend).

But this covid outbreak in the Spurs camp has thrown a spanner in the works. My initial plan was Maddison for Townsend, but now I don't know whether to bring in Dalot for Davies or hope that the game goes ahead. Of course my two GK's are Brighton too (was aiming to change that shortly) so if the Spurs game is off, I will be down to nine starters irregardless (Duffy suspended in any case).

Surprisingly it's the only time I have been potentially screwed by covid, and right when I am in the mix-up in a tight ML and don't want to take a hit.

I think a lot will be around 9 starters. You are lucky you have two free transfers - I would say you can afford a -4 - wouldn't be too pushed about the keepers.

Id say Cancelo, Mount, Bowen, Bernardo are the clear in form players there. Bernardo could be the most attractive given he was rested tonight but with Bowen you get more or less guaranteed starts. Mount also looks good though youre back to the uncertainty of starts.

Benteke/Lukaku could do well but they are a punt right now until they prove themselves up. A -4 is fine if you think youre going to keep the new players for at least 4 games and they have the fixtures to justify it.

thanks for the advice on the -4. I think that’s what I was looking for.. if they can prove their worth over the forthcoming games then definitely worth taking.

issue with a lot of those form players is that I have 1 (Raphina) place up for grabs this week. Will be Son if I decide to go the Lukaku route & then it leaves me with Bowen as only mid option. Which I’m ok with.

The following week I could then ship out Wilson (who’s fixture turn horrible) & Raphina for Benteke & Mount/Bernardo for a -4.

Safe option is 1 transfer.

Toney -> Benteke

or

Raphina -> Bowen, Bernardo or Mount

Im going Raph to Bowen myself, both have form but Raph has some really tough fixtures. He carries that Leeds team in the easier ones but I reckon Bowen will outscore him with his easier fixtures in the next 4 gws. However I already have Bernardo so Raph to Bowen is a 'safe' move. Im also clinging hope to an Antonio-Bowen points bonanza, it may not happen but they had a good partnership v Chelsea.

I have Wilson too and he is sold after that Leicester fixture, he was only ever a 4 game player for me when I bought him, as you said his fixtures are woeful soon.

Im not convinced on owning Lukaku/Benteke just yet, however thats only becasue I like to see players prove themselves into form. If youre attacking it from 11k though then taking that leap of faith might be the way. Its one of those flip of the coin situations where it could result in getting to 3-4k or getting dumped to 20k. Chelseas fixtures are good but it would be a much easier decision if Lukaku had of done better when he was fit. I suppose one bonus is Tuchel cant play Havertz in that position if Lukaku is fit. Though given he cant depend on him he has to be coming up with other ways to score.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

Ouch, I have 2FTS and yet Josh Brownhill is still likely to make my starting XI 😱

Yes I don’t have Bernardo (have Gundogan) so it would mean a double City mid - which I’m ok with over Xmas & current fixtures.

However it leaves me with Toney & Duffy not available this week so be a bit light if any last minute changes - therefore Bowen & Benteke become the options.

I think then the week after I get Bernardo or Benteke but then have a Wilson problem to also get rid of. And my thinking there is Son -> Lukaku & Wilson -> Bernardo/Bowen (who ever I didn’t get)

with all that said I think I’d prefer Son to be out so I can do Lukaku & Bowen in this week for -4, then -4 next week and have Bernardo/Benteke. The alternative is 0 point hit this week & -8 this week (but more info)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Son out to Bilva I'd say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭LostArt

With the Spurs game most likely off I'll have to take Son out and Brighton's Sanchez too.

Son-> Jota will be one transfer for sure, any suggestions for my Sanchez replacement? I'm leaning towards Guaita at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Kane to Ronaldo and Raph to Bowen were my initials thoughts. I also have exactly enough for Kane & Raph to Bernardo and Lukaku. Tempted to punt on Lukaku for the next two homes games and if he doesn't show any form then it'll be an easy switch to Ronaldo then.

• Advertisement
Advertisement