Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 22 Ultimate Team discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Got Oblak, Ruben Dias and Nkunku TOTGS from about 10 more 75+ player picks so delighted with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭doc holliday

Seems that a new icon is about to be dropped - Di Stefano. Apparently has been added to the database in the last couple of days and was rumoured with RVP, Rooney and the other new ones earlier in the summer.

Prime Icons Coming & LEAKED New Icon - YouTube

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Avon8

I've been running 3-5-2 for ages aswel and watched that exact video and have his tactics set up as a second option for me. In general I've found it ok but with the long ball + forward runs, and rm and lm on get in behind, found everyone was straying offside way too much. I'm slow on build up anyway and hate not having the vast majority of possession so went back to balanced + possession which seems to work well and went on balanced runs on the wingers. Depends who you have though of course, my two best players are Messi and Fekir who aren't speedsters so makes more sense to play more slowly, if I had mbappe that would likely change.

I actually find it hard to move from the 3-5-2 now in drafts etc I'm so used to it, just gives you so many more attacking options

Yeah, I've only used it for 7 games so far and won 6 of those so I haven't needed to tweak it just yet . I copied it like for like from the video and while there is definitely more offsides, there are also a lot more one on ones. I'm conceding for fun but I'm scoring for fun too. The games that I despise on fifa are those low shot count games where you are bored to tears by the end of it and with this 352 there are definitely less of those 😁.

My average possession in game is about 45% so me and you have very different play styles. I just don't have the patience. I've sold my totw theo hernandez now so I've fully committed to having no full backs. Next weekend league should be fun!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

My 3-5-2 is balanced and direct passing with the wingers on get in behind and come back on defence, I find there’s a decent balance to it and since I upgraded to quicker centre backs, I find it pretty solid defensively as I’ve always been pretty decent at defending one-on-one, the trick is to just jockey and almost never tackle, let them run the ball into you.

I’m running the Liverpool dream team now, with Mid Torres and Rulebreaker Suarez up front and Salah on the right wing, Torres is averaging well over a goal a game and Suarez the same for assists. It’s such a fun team. I only ever attack with the strikers, wingers and CAM, Kante and Petit are there to protect the defence and give the ball to the attackers, nothing else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Avon8

The one thing on the centre halves is I find the right and left one are on the ball quite a bit, especially on overlap setting and get quite paced exposed, morseo than the player at center, so found full backs better in those spots as a bit better on the ball and more pacey. Have bought Mendy there for this week who's made a decent difference. Pique sbc was a godsend for my center spot.

Granted a look at your team from the page before you should be all good with those 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,160 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

• Administrators Posts: 54,071 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

The Serie A POTM is a total joke of a card. Completely unusable.

in other news, if results stay as they are there’s an upgrade coming for RTTK Tonali I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Llorente is mainly in there to get Suarez on 10 chem, but he’s popping up with a lot more goals than I expected, always seems to get on the end of low crosses. De Bruyne was a mainstay for me but I can’t fit him in anymore so he’s a good impact sub to have, no way I’d be dropping Kante or Petit for him.

Just played against 2 players for the first time ever. Gotta say it’s a complete joke that this is even allowed.

2 players controlling both CDMs. Waste of my time.

• Advertisement

I am trying the 3-5-2, so far it’s ok. Finding it hard to get someone suitable to be the wide players with H/H work rate and also good stamina in Serie A.

The second striker I’m also undecided on. I have red Correa I’ve been trying but he doesn’t really suit my style and he doesn’t have great stamina for dropping back.

I have played against 2 players quite a bit - like 1 in every 3 or 4 games. It invariably ends up quite easy or impossible, no middle ground. Rage quits are more common since all it takes is one of them to quit and the game is forfeit, but as you said if they are good playing as a team together you have no hope.

These 2 lads had it perfected, it was impossible to breach their defence cause one would push with one CDM and a second man push and the other CDM would then be perfectly positioned to cover the defence.

I only lost 2-1 but my goal was a total fluke, hit a shot and it deflected past the keeper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Definitely starting to notice my team starting to slip behind the power curve now, and it will only get worse during December with Freeze and all the SBC's that come with that.

I have all of my coins tied up in 87 rated fodder, so can't do anything for a couple of weeks until those rise, but when they do I think I'm going to upgrade to the below in-game.

Basically, I'd be bringing in Cordoba, SS Skriniar (who is getting rave reviews), IF Theo and Chiesa (who is right footed so ideal for that LF spot cutting inside as I like to do).

All going well that would still leave me with around 800k to play with, so I'd probably get back to trading to try and make enough to get an icon in for Dybala to essentially play CAM, and/or maybe an icon RB to replace Cuadrado. Cuadrado does have a good shot at TOTW this week which would be great!

Hopefully we'll get something useful in Swaps or as an SBC over the coming weeks.

I think this should then get me through another 4-6 weeks anyway.

Nice team that @BrentMused . I have noticed recently that Dybala is starting to really struggle in a CAM type position, I find he's easily crowded out and shoved aside by the strong CBs and CDMs. I was starting to think of a replacement but none came to mind yet.

Cuadrado TOTW would be great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,569 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

You can change your matchmaking settings so you will only be paired against single players and no co-op. Or at least you could last year.

As doc holliday said I find when you play lads doing co-op you either batter them or get hammered. If they aren't co-ordinated all you have to do is pass it around a bit and eventually both of them will try go for the same ball and leave a mismatch. But if you come up against a good pair yeah it's basically impossible.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Having that setting on doesn’t always guarantee you don’t get matched to play 2 people. I’ve never really struggled against playing two but always back out when I notice it before it starts.

I'll be keeping a closer eye in future. There's no way to tell before the match actually starts is there? Like on the kit screen?

On the kit selection screen you can see it says guests and lights up changing the 0 to a 1 if there’s a 2nd player. I’ve gone looking for an image online for this but can’t find one.

folks is there anyway to see what formation an opponent is using in game?

• Advertisement

No you just need to try figure it from the mini-map / field position / players. I usually look at the defence to see if they have a back 3/4/5 then guess from there.

You have to pause the game to see what formation they use.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I think if you go into the player stats screen, you can pull up a screen of player ratings, and then toggle over to their team. Shows their formation there.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Every game now, it’s just who can score the most corner glitch goals.

and I’ve gotten good at defending them. Only one in five go in. Spamming the offside trap helps. But it’s just tiring losing games to a broken mechanic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

So decided to play my 1st game in a week cos Konate gets his otw upgrade today, only to find he hasnt been upgraded yet.....

There's not a lot here that interests me.

Cuadrado must be getting a special card soon.

I must be the only one who still didn't know what this was until i've just looked it up on youtube there now. I can't say it stands out as something i've seen too often. I'd say about 50% of the corners against me - the guy will press R1 to call for the player to come short and hope i follow him with my defender and then try a direct cross to the box.

I'll have to pay more attention to see if this corner glitch is happening to me and i'm just oblivious haha

• Advertisement

Jaysus you're lucky if you're not seeing it, it's constant for me. Hardly anyone crosses directly from a corner these days, it's either passed to the edge of the box for the glitch, or it's taken short and then they try skill move / dribble along the line and then cut it back.

Goalkeepers are too OP from crosses to make crossing it in worthwhile.

The glitch is super annoying because even if I take someone like de Ligt or Chiellini and move them to the back post the opponent can still out-jump me and score cause they're running onto it.

Advertisement