Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia Niro EV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

YES!!! Exact same spot and if not there it’ll happen around the church or if I turn left at Clare road it could be about halfway down Clare road or turning left from Homefarm onto Mobhi Road. What I’ve found it’s that once the leaves are mostly gone off the trees it might not happen over the winter until they grow back!

I’m so glad it’s not just me!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

New Niro to be properly unveiled on Thursday 25th.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭championc

Any bets on them dropping the BEV ??? Wouldn't be surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Busman Paddy Lasty

I'd bet for keeping it. 10 to 15k less expensive than the EV6 they would leave themselves with only Soul the only BEV under 50k.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Plasmoid

I've heard wild unsubstantiated rumours based on questionable spy shots that the Niro is being split, into Hybrid new Niro, and the EV4.

It would seem strange to me to not start expanding the E-GMP platform downwards, and I don't think it can be shoe-horned into a Hybrid and ICE model.

So my bets... If the EV6 Brand has taken off, and I think it has, the new BEV Niro size Kia is branded the EV4 or similar.

I'd say the Kona facelift goes against my wild guess - but as I understand, Kona and Niro aren't that related. E-Niro has more in common with the old Ioniq I think? If so - no new Ioniq 38kw/h replacement points to a new E-Niro built on any new Niro platform being a highly unlikely.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

The Kona and e niro under the hood are the same, just different battery manufacturers

New Niro, with a bunch of pictures, but little in the way of specs

Looks like the BEV is still front charging, with a hatch in the middle. Not really a fan of the big black segment at the rear sides. Hybrids have a greenzone feature to automatically go into EV mode in defined areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Minifox

Any idea when the new version will arrive in Ireland?

Complete guess. But I'd say earliest would be mid 22, but more like 23

Will be gorgeous in dark colours :)

Boot reminds me of Honda CRV for some reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

Awful looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Plasmoid

That two-tone is going to be marmite I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭podge3

I think I saw somewhere that its early 2023. I'm getting my new eNiro early next year and was a bit concerned about a new model being available so soon (affecting residual values etc). However, indications are that battery size will probably be the same so it might be more of a face lift than a new model.

Yeah, specs pending, it certainly seems like the same car with a new skin.

I think the new model Kona is just a facelift too.

Although isn't that what all new cars used to be anyway, same engine gearbox and a new body.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭eagerv

Like the interior. Not sure about exterior. Being a bit ocd the old misalignment of the heater controls used to annoy me😮

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭darrenheaphy

Need to get new tyres for Niro EV, what type y'all use?

Davanti on the front for the last 15,000km. No idea if they're any good or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,112 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

How much more elevated is the seating position in the ENiro over a typical hatchback?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Best way to see is go sit in one but Imo all Ev's you've a higher seating position due to the placement of batteries.

• Advertisement

I swapped ours out with goodyear vector 4seasons gen-3 this time last year, Prob would do with a rotate now though, handles the snow really well. (untreated country roads). About 20-25k on them so far. Went for all seasons as car is out in all weathers and normal tyres just don't handle snow at all (check out the tyrereviews.co.uk on youtube) while All seasons aren't as good as winter tyres but they are good enough for what snow we do get.

from last jan, never missed the a beat, Cant say the same for the car that was in front later on on the road, was all over the show, hugged the ditch and slid all the way down.

Crossclimate 2's are also well rated.

I also have the set of part worn primacy3 tyres in the barn that I took off last Nov with about 15-20k on the clock . (if your interested, I'm in Donegal)

Heard there was a delivery of e-Niros to Ireland today so looks like delivery now in early January for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭tap28

i am buying my first EV soon and it looks like the Niro is probably the winner. I was in a dealership today and they mentioned a €3,000 scrappage scheme for my wifes old Renault.

I can't find anything about this scheme online, is it a local scheme or a Kia one?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭finbarrk

I don't know to be honest. Did they say was there much of a wait to get the new vehicle?

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭jimmy86

They emailed me yesterday to say I can pick up on Jan 6th.

I test drove the Niro today, lovely to drive but there was notable road noise, is this a issue with the car?

Also the salesmas told me that the MY22 came with a Heat pump, is this true?

I found the e-Niro quite noisy also, certainly way more noisy than the Leaf I'm currently driving. All the reviews say the opposite and the noise level did put me off a bit, but I'm still buying a new one.

The salesman is telling porkies AFAIK, I have found no I dictation that the MY22 has a heat pump. Hopefully he is right and I'm wrong😀.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,112 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

What is the max Dc change the Niro can take?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭championc

I think it's 74kW, but you'll only get that when the battery is in optimum charging conditions, warm weather and at around 40% SOC. After about 60%, the charging rate tails off

Advertisement