Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE 1: 'Today' with Claire Byrne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,709 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

And a bonus point for mentioning Sheeran (though that may have been the other lad? Jim?), my heart jumped for joy, im not alone... Claire seemed genuinely gobsmacked that these two weren't on board with the GB love-in

• Registered Users Posts: 26,977 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

This really said it all, this mornings Main Headline in d'examiner

The world has its seems gone quite mad 🙄

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,709 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Tis embarrassing 😞what are we like at all... Anyway must get on the road and out of this blasted place for a while, keep my sanity intact🚝🖐️🤚

• Registered Users Posts: 19,398 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Clare getting a ‘bit of a fizz’ up over this clown Brooks coming over.

Poor Aiken must be of speed dial to them horsing out free tickets for the free publicity.

Pascal the Rascal sounds his typically chirpy self this morning 🙄

• Advertisement

Does Paschal actually know how few Hospitality businesses ever availed of the wage subsidy schemes 🤔, I do, very very few.

He claims PUP numbers have reduced to 50k, but has forgotten its been closed to new applicants since the 8th of July

I'm not at all sure Stephen Donnelly knows what is going on re the Booster Roll out 🤔

Will Alan Hughes Hubby be putting out his hand for grant aid , didn't they get a wopping hand out last year 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 11,012 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

This Mica Redress scheme is demonstrating a complete failure of the political system. How on earth have we ended up in a position where these residents in Donegal have us over a barrel and demanding levels of funding that are completely out of kilter with reality??

If it needs a general election, let's have one and let the rest of the countries voters decide what parties are prepared to deal with this in a modest way.

As it is, we are being royally screwed.

I tend to agree , this said the Narrative seems to suggest well over €400k being handed out to each homeowner and that's simply not the case. I predicted on another thread this was going to cost the taxpayer well over €2Billion and I was laughed at.

I've personally no issue with some redress but I fail to understand where are the Builders, Engineers, Surveyors, Banks and insurance companies in all this this. It's utterly scandalous Taxpayers seem to being made the scapegoats for this shambles. What's even more alarming is possible levies being put on citizens who've nothing to do with this , Bad enough we are paying for Sean Quinns Shenanigans and will be for years to come.

• Advertisement

Don’t worry Dee, “Pat’ will find a way to maximise the payout on this.

Of course I sympathize with the home owners but where did these materials emanate from.?

who were the Builders?

What valuation was on the LPT this year.?

Where are the insurance people?

Surely if the alleged outstanding issue iS supposedly around 65 K then the insurance should be involved?

There will be a killing made out of this akin to the ‘cash for ash’ debacle if it’s not watched very very carefully by an independent qualified person or persons.

A, Joe Higgins, he was absolutely brilliant in the Dail. Its full of Dry Shytes now

Aah poor Joe, the greatest chancer and mutton head of them all.

If poor Joe got his way honest folk like you and I, who took responsibility and bettered, or tried to better ourselves

would be bled dry to support non triers spend the day in Joe Corals.

Absolute head banger.

That all aside he was brilliant in the Dail, his wit was legendary, actual knew him from Fingal County Council days, I've also connections with him from Kerry. Yes, he had some out there policies but fewer TD's worked as hard as he did for constituents.

The little Rottweiler Lenihan fairly lacing into the Govt. out at the Airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,701 ✭✭✭leath_dub

Discussing the Don Tidey kidnap now on Claire Byrne. The army guy recounting the story (PJ Higgins) for some reason makes the observation that it's possible tha some of the directors of that IRA operation could be future Minister's for defence! It seems the prospect of a future Sinn Fein government is an appaling vista in RTE

Heard that and very Telling Claire didn't ask for an explanation, he struck me as being a bitter old fart to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 4,687 ✭✭✭serfboard

You could understand him being bitter though - one of his colleagues was murdered by the IRA and no-one was ever convicted of it.

However, his bitterness unfortunately has led him to make statements that he cannot verify - who were the directors of that IRA operation? What role do they have in SF now? Are they members of the Dail? Are they on the SF front bench?

In order to improve electability, SF have been gradually retiring those who were formerly involved in the IRA thus allowing their current crop of politiicans to say that they were never involved and besides, that's all in the past.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

• Advertisement

Hopefully if this does come to pass, we don’t have to put all defense and justice legislation through Connolly House?.

Wouldnt fancy the front seat passenger in the lorry to be overseeing our policy in those ministries.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,012 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Claire / RTE doing their best to hype up Storm Barra. Yer one out on Inis Mór wasn't too impressed - nothing we haven't seen before etc.

It's often the storms that don't get much advance hype that do the damage.

Claire’s guest just now, a doctor on Inis Mór jibed “when your researcher phoned me”…. aftee pointing out she is a GP & not an expert on weather in the same way a local fisherman might be. Also she pointed out that a call on her phone at 7am invariably meant a very sick patient and first thoughts were tending to me… furious it was RTÉ. 😁

Have you ran out of Bread 🍞 🙄 she'd put Joe Duffy to shame with the Brennans Bread Plug

Welcome back by the way, your timing excellent with high winds at Airports 😏

Claire Shocked , Slates could come off in high winds 🙄

Gerry very comforting to that chap in portmagee 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

A very substantial yellow warning remains in place says Claire...

Bloody hell, she's even trying to make a yellow warning sound dramatic.

Edit: was only a matter of time before she brought up climate change after being told yesterday by an expert that Barra was a classic winter storm, but keep beating that drum until you get someone who agrees with you Claire. It's a fact that if Ireland meets it's climate change quotas we won't have anymore storms 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

Scare Byrne.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,363 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

barely slept last night after 3am. trees down round the town . still blowing here in donegal. might have seen it before but still a notable storm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

I'm sorry but did Claire just say she needed to 'man up', with regards to being dizzy on a ladder putting up lights. As a man I'm offended at the use of that stereotypical comment 😤😤

😂

Advertisement