Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Thread - Mod note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Mulbert

Mount Sion won the U13. And the U12 City League.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Deskjockey

Thanks Mulbert.

Is that it though, have Ballygunner won everything else then in the Roinn A championships from u14 up to u19?

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭upthedeise16

The Nire had 5 covid cases including Jamie Barron and captain James McGrath. You would have to think that with a full team, they would have won so its a pity.

Loughmore were beaten after extra time in their Munster football championship tie so along with 18 weeks in a row, they now have an extra 20 mins extra time to go with it. Surely bodes well for Ballygunner next weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Pling

Déise in Dublin supporters club are holding an on line event to launch Tomas McCarthy book 'Game of my life' on the 9/12 @ 8pm.

The registration link is below

https://forms.gle/57qHux5eDqzTNHkf9

We are delighted to have both Stephen Frampton and Fergal Hartley as our special guest on the evening. Both Fergal and Stephen have been some of the greatest hurlers we have ever produced and have continued to give back to Waterford hurling with Stephen a member of the current backroom team and Fergal a major part of the Waterford rising the GAA development plan.

Please join us on the night, spaces are limited 9/12 @ 8pm, a link will be sent to you before the event.

Game of my life is a book about the greatest Waterford hurlers over the last 60 years tell of the games in blue and gold that defined their lives...

Including first person testimonials from many of the stars of recent times detailing the heartbreak of failing to become an All-Ireland winning teams through the 90s, noughties and recent seasons – aswell as some of household names who played on the team that captured the county’s last All-Ireland in 1959 after an historic replayed final win over Kilkenny...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭blacksuir

I was of the view that the city leagues were scrapped years ago. Shows how much I know. Maybe it is because they dont get much coverage in the papers.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,294 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Hurling- vs Clare in the semi finals

Football

Group A: Waterford v Clare

Group A: Cork v Waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Giveitfong

According to Mac Dara Mac Donncha in today's Dungarvan Leader, Cárthach Daly, Dungarvan's Michael Kiely, Sam Fitzgerald of Clashmore-Kinsalebeg, Mark Fitzgerald and Conor Dalton of Clonea have been added to the county senior panel, along with Tadhg de Búrca and Pauric Mahony. Mac Donncha only listed Kevin Moran, Shane Fives and Jake Dillon as players who had left the panel, but I have been told by other sources that Mark O'Brien and DJ Foran are also gone.

Conor Dalton played for the Waterford minors in 2016, and was at centre forward when they lost the Munster semi-final to Limerick by two points. Limerick went on to contest the All-Ireland final where they lost to Tipperary, whom Waterford had beaten in Munster in the game before the Limerick game. Dalton didn't play at Under 21 for Waterford in 2017 and 2018, and presumably was over-age for the Under 20 championship in 2019.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,834 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Big congrats to Conor Prunty on his all star award. Hard luck to the lads who were nominated but didn’t get it, on any other year we would have got another 2 or 3 but such was the dominance of Limerick they were always going to clean up.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

Well done to Conor Prunty on his well deserved all star. A crucial player for us these days and a natural leader too.

Who would have thought back a number of years ago that we would have all star goalkeeper and full back coming down the tracks. Massive areas of weakness for us over the years ...

• Advertisement

Congrats to Conor Prunty on getting the all star. Its quite scary how good Limerick are

Nice to see some new faces in the panel. Please can we just win something next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Deskjockey

Looking forward to this Pling. 👍

Will be dialling in at 8

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭seananigans

barry i felt deserved one but only ever got the nomination once, great to see another monkey gone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭seananigans

Taking there time with the league fixtures

Dublin in Croke Park for the first game would be great

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭decies

Any idea when club deise 2022 kicks off ?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Hatch1989

Ballygunner V Loughmore thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

Apparently sorting TV games is the delay and not helped with the Eir Sport covering Saturday games closing down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Asdfgh2020

has to be a Loughmore win…..they will be much sharper and fitter as they have had a match each week in either football or hurling for the last 8/9 weeks…..this will really stand to them . On the contrary the ‘gunners’ sailed through their Co championship with little it no real tests to date. So Loughmore by 5/6 pts……and I swear I’m not from Mt Sion or passage…!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,834 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Have read Loughmore have been out the last 18 weeks between football and hurling. With BG at home as well you’d have to think they’ll come through most likely with a bit to spare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭JD. 60

Loughmore have been to the well too often ; it’s remarkable what they’ve achieved but the heavy schedule has to count against them at some point !

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

Ballygunner to win I would feel, however I wouldn't see it as clear cut as the bookies do, with Ballygunner 4/11 to win. Any team that wins Tipp and includes hurlers like the McGraths is a serious side, that's for sure.

But playing every week for what 18 consecutive weeks may take a toll eventually and the extra time last weekend won't help in that regard.

I think Ballygunner will have too much scoring ability for Loughmore but i would expect a right good battle of a game.

On paper you'd have to fancy Ballygunner esp with the venue and the fact LC are out for so many weeks in a row (not sure how many dual players they have) but same was said a few years back about the Munster Final against Borris-Ileigh. A game in which Ballygunner fucked away and was such a golden chance of getting to Croke Park that season

Dunhill also in action against Kerry Champs Kilmoyley in the intermediate semi final Sunday. Interesting game and no way will Kilmoyley be any pushovers. Didn't they play Lismore a few years back ?

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭conor05

Kilmoyley are a very decent side, I saw them play a challenge against Charleville earlier this year.

They have 3 or 4 Kerry county hurlers and are a very mobile and fit side.

Look what happened to Glenmore of Kilkenny today v Naas of Kildare and Clough Ballacolla of Laois knocking out Kilmacud.

Club hurling in the Joe McDonagh counties is getting strong.

In saying that Dunhill have had a great year and I am going to say Dunhill to win by 4 or 5 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭big_drive

Kilmoyley I'd say would be strong enough favourites in that game, I know they have played a lot of challenge games here in Cork over past few months and shown up well from what I've heard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Mastermcgrath

Have Dunhill many from Bunmahon playing for them other than Harney?

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheScoringGoal

Kilmoyley are 8/13. Dunhill are 6/4.

Hard luck to Dunhill who fought bravely and were beaten by 2pts in the end

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭tommylad1212

DJ foran was training this morning with the rest of the squad,in wit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭larrya

Ballygunner carry on is a disgrace.An absolute embarrassment of play acting and diving.

Advertisement