Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Looking at the rankings, Bucks and Santana & Ortiz should be there instead of Blonds and 2.0

• Registered Users Posts: 54,268 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Ya that Tag match doesnt float my boat at all.

Where the **** is Santana & Ortiz at this point

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Would think Punk would be a more convincing heel. Just went for the cheap heat and how many times did he refer to MJF as "your boy".

Of course the biggest news is that Hook will debut on Rampage.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I mean, they likely won't have Punk be heel next week, so you don't want his promo to actually turn him outside of that specific city. Cheap heat worked in the context of this specific show. Anything else would have raised issues of long term heat, and (worse) possibly turning MJF babyface fulltime too.

• Advertisement

I absolutely loved MJF. Who could ever imagine MJF being a baby face. MJF playing up to the crowd, running down to help Dante but beats him up even more, loved it!!

How many times did we read/hear that MJF should come out to CM Punk entrance but AEW flip it.

Im so invested in this CM Punk v MJF, next week is going to be epic and what a card too....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Props to Julia Hart for the horror scream as she got misted too! Very random and kinda hilarious but it was a great sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,596 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I must say I am really liking Cody being the heel by playing as he believes he is the Babyface he has nailed it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

HOOK!

SUE! Trent?!

What a night :D

Really enjoyed it. The opening Punk coming out to MJF's music was a treat and that local heat promo was fun. I think it's AEW acknowledging that sometimes the locals will always confound the face/heel dynamic (the deliberate mention of Brett in Toronto previously, for example, was setting this up). AEW seems to like indulging the smart mark fans with this sorta inside baseball stuff.

The battle royale was very good, shenanigans aplenty and loads of stories moved along. I feel like we're setting up Darius Martin's return and pairing him with Lio and Danté to take on Team Taz. I'm wondering when the Wardlow turn happens and whether it's before or after the Punk match comes to conclusion.

Not sure about the TNT stuff, but Cody's making the "good guys" comment now to lean heavily into the idea that "the heel thinks they're a good guy." But it looks like this Men of the Year/Dan Lambert thing isn't going away. Not doing a huge amount for me.

Can't get my head around what's happening with Malachi Black, but it felt like a horror film where the cheerleader gets attacked and screams - if my memory serves, no one better say they're going to be right back or they're a gonner...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Oh yea, apparently someone yelled a slur at Anthony Bowens. I hope they get the **** kicked out of them.

Here he is putting other bigots in their place :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Antics21

Great show. I really enjoyed the Young Bucks tag match.

Wardlow turn against MJF can't be far away. It's simmering nicely now.

Hangman and Danielson will be fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,003 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Looks set up for Scorpio Sky to take the title off Sammy and for Lambert to be his mouth piece then. I think he's got the Cody match and then probably Sky after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

What if those misted by Black are who become members of the House Of Black?

Be an odd collection. So far we have Cody, Dante, Julia and PAC (cant remember if any of Cody's allies were misted). Would prefer Brody King, Strickland rumours we've had.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Julia would be great if she dyed the hair black and went all goth. Abadon seems like they would have been a cool fit for the group also but she's probably a little too on the nose spooky wise. Anybody else notice the light flicker when Dante was getting beat down? Commentary didn't sell it at all but it's definitely a hint at something.

It's a Tarot Card thing apparently, Now I don't know much about Tarot Cards, but I'm willing to let this go, see how it comes together.

Brody King, Strickland could still yet figure into it.

The preppy cheerleader, turned moody goth.

Was the lights flicker maybe a technical problem?

Some people theorised Amazing Red, some for Bray Wyatt and then others were saying it could just be a mishap. It did it when MJF, Starks and Dante were in the ring too.

They've done stuff like this before though, remember Malakai Black

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

#RIPJuliaforeverinourhearts (great scream!). Having said recently that it was going through a bit of a lull I have to say this week was very enjoyable. Solid, entertaining stuff from the start.

• Advertisement

That segment with Varsity blonds was hilarious. Straight out of the teen horror genre, but dangit it's a fun way for Black to get some legit heel heat. Nobody on earth could possibly harbour ill will toward Julia Hart, what a babyface!

Rest of the show was a bit of a mixed bag for me. I can't help but feel AEW would benefit a bit from reigning in the length of their TV matches a bit, and allowing more time to the rest of the segments.

For e.g., did you need to give Hayter and Riho 12 minutes? Bucks and Chuck/Romero 16 minutes?

Even clipping matches by 10% could make a huge difference. Use those extra few minutes to, for e.g., let Ruby Soho get a few sentences out before she's interrupted. Or you could recap the opening segments a few times, to make them feel more big time. Or on the flipside have some vignettes for the main event.

A big plus for me last night was Taz on comms. He brings so much more context to the in-ring happenings, why holds hurt, why guys might get gassed, etc. I don't watch the YouTube shows, but I've heard he's very good on those too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,773 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Happy HOOK day everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

He's clearly going to destroy Fuego. Which is what Fuego is there for.

Jericho was hospitalized today in the UK with something non Covid related and the Fozzy gig in Cardiff tonight has been cancelled and refunds are being give to fans the rest of the tour is in doubt.

Tony say he is going to support ROH this weekend in there final show but didn't go into detail.

It would be great for ROH if The American Dragon & Punk showed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭ThePott

As much as it would be really cool for Punk and Danielson, would it really be great for them?

They're going on a four month hiatus after this and if they show up unannounced it's hardly going to help the PPV any bit. Not sure how much people buy PPVs after they air really. Great moment sure but not sure it will help them in any way.

Jay Lethal is going back Lethal vs. Gresham announced.

Adam Cole vs. Wheeler Yuta could be a cracker tonight on Rampage.

• Advertisement

So Max Caster is on Cameo. I can't figure a way to link individual videos but try find the #roast video where he demolishes some lad who doesn't want to get vaccinated: https://www.cameo.com/platinummax?qid=1639173618

Advertisement