Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 22 Ultimate Team discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭doc holliday

The short corner with skill move/dribble along the line and a cut back is my go-to corner move and something i do see quite a lot to be fair against me too. But yeah that corner glitch i honestly had to look it up - i wonder is it new-gen specific or maybe more OP in new-gen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Any recommendations on which of the Champs League cards to invest in before they go out of packs? They are bound to rise a bit then I would think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

yeah not even enough to motivate me to go 0-20 and try my luck with the packs. Will sit on that qualification for another week I doubt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,712 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

See the corner glitch a lot on new gen but if you're prepared you can switch player and just intercept the pass straight from the corner

Have been using a mostly untradeable team for a few weeks now so have built up 2.1m coins, not really sure what to do with it. Waiting for some sort of market dip before buying a big player as every time I buy someone they tank in price

Everyone is tanking, all of the time.

There's no point holding out based on losing value.

Fair enough in holding out to hit the required amount needed, but if you're worrying about depreciation you'll never buy.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 54,071 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Yea I've intercepted that pass a few times and if you do you'll usually score on the counter as they'll only have the 1 CB between you and goal.

But sometimes you can't even intercept properly, if they get the timing right.

I've seen variations on it too, they'll take it short and then that player will pass it deep and then cross it in etc. Basically putting the ball to the back post any time after the corner is taken will usually result in a good chance of scoring, as the defence just mindlessly stops marking and pushes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Baby Vieira SBC coming over the next few days apparently!

Mid Keane too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,160 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

the vieira one will be worth doing, i remember doing prime zambrotta last year and got 5 months out of him, legend.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'm qualified for WL but actually think I'll skip it. Might sell up Ronaldo and Mbappe too and just take a break, and focus on FFXIV and Halo for the week.

Absolutely none of those IFs would get near my bench, realistically.

Also, Keane will be an insta-complete from me, from a United perspective and from the point of view that I'm loaded with useless fodder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭piplip87

Again division 3, 7 wins and absolutely nothing at all in packs that would make my team or even to sell on to improve it.

Im thinking it's time to get the three wins, play qualifier for WL and just try out different formations and try to enjoy playing the game a bit more.

Currently working on a 3421 to try and play like Chelsea. Getting hammered but enjoying it.

Think he'll easily be 1m+ especially as fodder will take off like a rocket in the next week or so, but also so many people have fodder to burn in their clubs.

I'd expect to see Vieira in as many teams as Fekir and Benzema for sure!

Whenever I've come up against him, he's been like a brick wall and his presence alone makes him so good.

Actually just noticed that baby Vieira has medium/medium workrates.

Hmmm, I really don't like that for a CM/CDM. I'd much rather high/high for a CM, or even medium or low/high for a pure CDM.

I think someone on here packed him in the icon SBC's.

Any reviews?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,712 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

This isn't true though, prices have risen for the last 10 days or so. They'll likely drop if we get a decent promo, then I'll buy. Could easily lose 200k buying at the wrong time so don't see the harm in waiting. Prime icons are due out too, that'll knock a decent chunk off any mid or base icons straight away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Don’t enjoy the Beckham I did the SBC for recently

Is there any SBC that requires a legend to be put into it? Can use that as an excuse to get rid then

I did the Galeno SBC. Pretty disillusioned at the moment, hoping he’ll be a super sub.

Yeah that was me, I have him as 1 of 2 cdms in a 352 alongside flashback kante. He is a magnet for the ball, its the size and the long legs that really make the difference. I use kante as my controlled chasing cdm and leave Vieira to the AI as much as I can and it works really well. I never pay much attention to the workrates (which probably costs me) but Vieira is more often in the right place to intercept than kante.

If I didn't have him I would 100% be doing an sbc for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Yep, I did. Completely transformed my midfield, his long legs will literally intercept every ball for you. Passing is pretty nice too, so he can distribute quite easily to either side. Well worth getting him if you can.

I find he’s too slow as a winger, but if you play him as a CM, he’s really smooth. Have scored a good few goals by catching people out with his rockets from the corner of the box.

The RTTK upgrades seem randomly timed?

Any idea when De Ligt and Politano will get their bumps?

87 Politano will see my Chiesa plummet in value. Wonder if I should sell. Maybe drop Insigne and play one of them on the left instead on 7 chem.

Post edited by awec on

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Getting rid of the rat squad for this weekend. Will try this championship/liga NOS hybrid out for a few games to see if I can get the 8 wins…

FGS swaps token 2 is available now

Trent wins POTM but the SBC won't be out for a week :/

New Fire and Ice promo starting tonight, with Rashford, Jesus and Vaverde confirmed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Any idea how I can improve in Idrissa Gueye here while keeping chem 100?

Budget 120,000 and can probably stretch to 150,000

Packed untraceable Mbappe, so built a squad around him and my untradeable Neymar + Nkunku! Very exciting packing Mbappe I’ll admit

0-6 in WL so far, totally miserable. Can't even score. Every time I tackle it's rebounding straight back to the opposition. Szczesny suddenly can't save anything if it's a Mbappe / Benzema / Messi taking a shot.

The FB Benzema managed to magic the ball through my Chiellini's stomach to score. Ball literally went through him. Another goal where De Ligt and Ginola had to compete 1-1 for a header after the ball deflected and my De Ligt just randomly stumbled over nothing before the jump so that Ginola had a free one. This sort of **** really boils my piss.

I don't know if the power curve has overtaken Di Natale but even he is struggling for me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

The servers are always cat when they have the FGS events on.

• Advertisement

Thanks lads.

Seems a perfect example of the stats not telling the whole story (although they are very good!).

Sometimes cards just have that little extra, whether it be presence, body type etc.

I think I will get him presuming the SBC is not an outrageous price as I've always hated coming up against him and an icon in CM opens up a lot of doors for hybrids.

Advertisement