Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Youtubers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭Suckler

You're dead right. ......

Imagine having the gall to begrudge a young couple spending their money on their house or the audacity to involve an architect.

After all, they didn't "look affluent enough" to be at that........

If it's not the young people, it's the health service/ civil service you've a fresh bit of begrudgery about each week. Not to mention a bit of gossip about some neighbour who's a nurse but only works 15minutes a day two days a week and takes 25 weeks holiday. Or your friends kids who're all in there twenties but never did a days work and have been in college since 1975.

The last fella I saw talking out of both sides of his mouth was a ventriloquist.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,132 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

You call it begrudgery I call it complaining about a damn poor service.

They're forever apologising for one mistake while making another one.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,177 Mod ✭✭✭✭K.G.

Hopefully having a couple of YouTube contributors will keep comments cordial but at the same time if you start showing what's going on you ve got listen to the s##t that goes with it.i follow sport on forums as well and it always shocks me how venomous and disrespectful posters can be about sports people,alot of whom are in their 20 s and might nt have the mental skills to deal with some of the stuff that's put up. Could it be that phil and ifarm are the new Dallas/Dynasty of modern times or are they "im a celeb/love island" for farmers

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

or are they "im a celeb/love island" for farmers

I think coming from Longford is all that @farmerphil135 and Maura Higgins have in common TBF. I may be wrong though...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

You referenced my post stating i wasn't the kind of viewer you wanted on your channel, So i find that hard to believe.

But I appreciate it's not easy to come on and see some of the stuff written on here, And my response may have been the straw that broke the camel's back so no harm no foul.

I'm surprised to hear that, because I can't for the life of me fathom why someone would message someone verbal abuse over a tractor. But I'm sorry to hear that all the same.

As for gifting, If that is the case, I do apologize, Your support for local businesses is admirable, And it's a shame to have to say it but it may be no harm to state more often that you're not actually receiving endorsement/sponsorship. And again with regards to speaking out against bullying and abuse, I did say I stood to be corrected on that, which is fair enough.

Personal attacks aside, I wish you all the best, As i said You have a lovely set up and a fine herd of cows.

• Advertisement

Perhaps the forum motto could be "Criticise them, and they shall come"

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭IFarmWeFarm7615

I admire your response so thank you for that. I do apologise if any personal offence was taking. On the other point I actually have started telling people more and more often that a lot of the items i show i have bought myself. I always say something is sponsored if otherwise. Lately we have been turning down a lot of offers to be honest as I don’t really enjoy doing sponsored videos. But there’s some things that really do benefit our farm directly and I’d be foolish to not consider those.

I much prefer to do my own thing as it’s way more fun and there’s way less stress involved.

We’re normally people thrown into a new world I guess. Once again I appreciate your reply and wish you all the best.

Adrian..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tileman

Now where is that gerry fella 😀

surely he should have came by now with the criticism of the cattle prods

• Registered Users Posts: 4,615 ✭✭✭White Clover

@IFarmWeFarm7615 Welcome Adrian, Can I ask if you looked at any 4365 when you were purchasing lately? Around the 110 to 115hp bracket and much the same as the 4270 that you had previously. Well ware on the new bus BTW!

@farmerphil135 just watching today’s video. here is a grand shed fit the bill perfect for all your machinery .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,656 ✭✭✭jaymla627

Pretty soul destroying video, really shows the lunacy of Brexit and processors not been on the ball with their transport side of the business

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m8_l7ZhBVMM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

What's the relevance of brexit here? Was the issue not with a truck breaking down? (Didn't watch the whole video)

Surprised to hear It was being dumped for quality after two days.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,949 ✭✭✭893bet

Anyone else reading ifarms posts and hearing Adrian’s voice in their head….😅

I am a recent sub and enjoy the content.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭roosterman71

FFS. Now that ya've said it I'm doing it. Even raising the eye brow 🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭farmerphil135

tis a fine lump of a shed but id be happy just to get the bit of stone down😂but our plan is to build a lean too off the back of the pits and meal shed eventually, high enough for the rake with the arms on and deep enough for a tractor and trailer

• Registered Users Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

Any sign of the video on the jerseys weight gain etc ?. I find the cattle vids very interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭farmerphil135

i have the stats done and plan is to record sunday when i have the time and try fit it in for next week, all of a sudden i have 5 videos nearly ready to go.

also a little teaser the difference in the average weight between the pure breed JE and JEX is 82kg😳

• Registered Users Posts: 11,254 ✭✭✭✭Base price

I admire that you are rearing dairy bull calves (JEx/FR/FRx/HO) to beef and making a go of it and fair play to ye. I think that you have auto cmr feeders and they make a huge difference. We used to rear a good few FR/FRx/JEx/HO/MO bull calves (+/-350 annually) but we quit rearing big numbers after the price crash in 2012/'13/'14 when the factories didn't want them.

I just wonder how dairy bull calf to beef rearers are goin to fare out in the next few years if the proposed calf transport rules come into place and we are awash with dairy/dairy cross bull calves. I've previously posted on F&F that if the proposals come to pass then we will have factory type calf rearing farms and I don't think that would be good for animal welfare.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭jfh

I started getting into the YouTube action just from this thread so I guess the old quote, all publicity is good publicity.

Saying that, anyone care to recommend any sheep farmers out there?

The Sheep Game & Sheepishly me are probably the 2 best ones i watch.

• Advertisement

Yea sheep game is good. He seems to have cracked the USA market audience also so will do well.

There was a girl from Sligo posting sometimes, Joanne the shearer but the videos are very sporadic. Her brother has a podcast that @farmerphil135 was on actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

Been following a good few farming youtubers lately

Farmer Phil

Ifarmwefarm

Tom Pemberton (UK)

Sonne Farms (US)

Sask Dutch Kid (US)

10 Generation Dairyman (US)

White House on the Hill (US)

Lumnah Acres (US)

Our Wyoming Life (US)

Just a few acres farming (US)

Jesus I didn't realise how bad I was until I listed them 😄 the US ones are very interesting especially how they manage feeding cattle in the harshest of winters in feed lots and open fields, is there any you lads would recommend that I haven't seen ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Mike Mitchell and Olly Blogs are 2 others I watch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭jimmy G M

Yeah Olly Blogs, a Scouser farming & agri contractor just just outside Liverpool. Has a few more irons in the fire also. Lot of machinery agri contracting stuff if you are into that.

Used to watch Mike Mitchell too but couldn't handle the 30 min long vids of driving a tractor up and down corn fields 100's of acres in size anymore.

One guy I watch and I don't know why really - Nick's farm - Uk arable farmer - a bit posh but really nice easygoing fella. Nice relationship with his father who is a bit of an eccentric. Father flys a plane and has his own airstrip. Sometimes does a collaberation with his cousin who is a bit of a dose.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,379 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

I find Evenflow's channel very informative.

A tidy operator

Be some craic if he turned up in here!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭jimmy G M

Evenflow, tidy, informative, yeah, absolutely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Jb1989

Is he really like that in real life,?

I can't really warm to it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭straight

He is ya. Everyone around there is the very same. Talented pilots too. What you see is what you get as they say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭green daries

Now now I won't have a bad word against the resident grouch 😊sorry wrangler ( I was going to say crank but I'd fall under that category along with a few more)

Advertisement