Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hawkeye - Disney+ (***Spoilers***)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Only watched the first episode: while possibly the most low-key piece of MCU I've watched in ages, I enjoyed that switch of pace. Felt like for once we got something resembling a human-level view of the world. The "Rogers" Musical was a piece of cheesy, winking brilliance [*]

And I'd have to check against the movies, but I have an inkling the standard cinematic MCU colour grading isn't being applied with these TV shows: the colours really popped in that episode; lots of warm hues that made a nice change of temperature and feeling from the images.

I see the usual MCU TV show speculation has started already. That'll end well. 🙄🤣

[*] Yup, they released it: I apologise in advance.

"We lived through the 80s and this too shall pass". LOL, nice burn there New York.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

I'm still 50 50 on this...

Starting episode 3 now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I caught the first episode and liked it more than I expected. I'll give it a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

The trailers gave me a CW show vibe but episode 3 was good.

Tony Dalton playing Jaque is giving me serious Better Call Saul withdrawals. He's so good in that show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,301 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Episode 3 was very good, the fight in the toy shop was excellent, really solid series so far, the tracksuit mafia are fun, echo decent as well. The two leads are ace. I think it helps that it doesn't seem to need to push things along or have massive consequences for the ongoing films, the fact it is a bit smaller and contained is a good thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,223 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I was today years old when I realised that Hailee is also the voice of Gwen in Spider-verse. (new trailer just dropped) Second time Disney+ has done that to me after Kathryn Hahn and Agatha/Doc Ock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Fantastic episode this week and the chemistry between the two leads is really great.

Seeing the cost everything is having on Clint is quiet sad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,254 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Things getting serious now.

How many times has Kate been told to go home?

Now just hope the cop gets her bag back.

Was looking up the actress who plays Echo and surprised to see it's her first role.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭pjcb

were they all even in the same place? nope

It's about time "she" turned up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

4: That was really fun and actioney. If people have saved this for a Christmas binge it really feels like they made the right decision!

In still have to

watch Black Widow. Doesn't feel like I've missed out much from this episode. That Black Widow assassin looks/feels much like the trailers I saw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,301 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Episode 4 another cracking episode!

Extra bonus points for Hawkeye and Kate's excellent Christmas jumpers! Plus a decent amount of the adorable pizza dog :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭kerplun k

I’m really liking this. It’s got great warmth, very easy to watch, enjoyable and just overall a great heart.

Alequa Cox. Not all that surprising to be honest. In an industry that relies heavily on sound, meaningful roles for deaf mute actors would be few and far between. And she's quite young.

That being said, I am enjoying her portrayal of Echo and I'm looking forward to her own show next year.

I want to give a nod to Lauren Ridloff in Eternals recently and Natasha Ofili who did the motion capture for Hailey in the videogame Spider-man: Miles Morales last year. It's good to see roles opening up.

Post edited by flazio on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I find the actress who plays Maya awful. She's my biggest problem with this show that otherwise I'm enjoying. Her acting range seems to extend simply to an angry pout, looking like a spoiled teenager. Absolute charisma vacuum. Wasn't aware she was playing a comic book character, which unfortunately means she'll be sticking around.

Hailee Steinfeld is really carrying this show. Always found Jeremy Renner as Hawkeye incredibly boring, and this show would be horrendous without her there to bring some personality to it. Wouldn't mind seeing a spin-off show involving her as Kate Bishop.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I presume that's where this series is heading: Clint putting away his bow so he can finally just live with his family in peace - with Kate Bishop taking up the call; be it cinema or TV mandated. Same as seen with Falcon becoming Captain America; though it'll be interesting to see if Bishop gets her own movie as a follow-up.

Well they have been setting up introducing members of the Young Avengers in all these Disney+ series.

Patriot, Wiccan & Speed, Kid Loki have been introduced in Falcon & Winter Solider, WandaVision & Loki

Ms. Marvel & IronHeart series up coming

Cassie Lang and Ms. America will be brought in next few movies.

I would imagine The Young Avengers will be a Disney+ thing and stay mostly away from the cinema.

What about that 7up kid from The Eternals?

The big take I took out of this weeks episode is that Laura is more than likely Mockingbird.

Mockingbird was already used in Agents of SHIELD. Adrianne Palacki (Cmdr Grayson on The Orville) played Bobbi Morse for 2 or 3 seasons and while Marvel Television productions (ABC, Netflix and Hulu series) aren't considered canon anymore Marvel Studios have been careful to leave a door of imagination ajar for fans of those series. So it's unlikely Mockingbird has been recast yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,090 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

then that means Agents of Shield is not par of the MCU . I'd say she definitely used to work for SHIELD.

Regarding the watch, it's probably tied to her. Saw one interesting theory. She has never been seen off the farm, why wasn't she in New York with the rest of the family? She could be hiding her identity from the public altogether and the watch has all her personal history on it.

Also new trailer out. won't embed it as spoiler from latest episode in the thumbnail

https://youtu.be/rmIDwZ78jBg

Laura could easily be Mockingbird in this Universe now that the Multiverse is here.

AoS, Netflix Universe, Cloak and Dagger, Runaways, Helstrom, Inhumans & Agent Carter can now all be set in different universes so they don't have to be cannon to this MCU.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Never thought of that. Would be another shade to AoS if this was true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

I don't think Bobbi was ever referred to as the moniker "Mockingbird" in AoS so it could work and make sense that it is in fact the wife who is Mockingbird in the MCU.

Who do you think own the Rolex? Was thinking initially in Episode 1 that it was one of Tonys nanotech watches, but it is clearly someone who is still alive floating around somewhere. Steve Rogers maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I get the impression the watch is linked to someone's identity, there aren't many people in the MCU who have secret identities so I'm thinking it could be

Daredevil.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

I just watched episode 3 - ECHOES.

the car chase is absolutely fantastic - great imagination from the directors to do some of it from the point of view of being in the car

how often in the movies did Barton use trick arrows? The only ones I can remember are from the Battle of Manhattan with the grapple hook and exploding arrows.

it really is a shame that Johannsen and Renner didn’t get solo movies earlier or maybe a team up in one

Agent Carter can still fit in the MCU.

Nothing in that that contradicts or is contradicted by the MCU

the others don’t fit though

You could be right about Bobbi Morse in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - I remember I had to look up she was at first.

I could be recalling this wrong but didn’t the dog take the watch after the attack on the auction? I remember thinking he seemed to know what he was doing - like he was after the watch himself.

Am I remembering that right?

No one is “shading” Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

the very nature of the show meant that from the start it was never truly a part of the MCU - Coulson’s death is what triggered Stark and Rogers to work together which lead to the whole group becoming a team. If he was resurrected in the MCU it would spoil that - similar to how dragging the Emperor from his grave would spoil Star Wars if some one did it.

I liked Coulson and I liked Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. but it was a What If… alternate reality - glad I got it but happy it is it’s own thing.

and I don’t see a reason why the MCU should lose out on any character just because they were in that series - however isn’t Mockingbird pretty much Black Widow? I would much rather see more supervillains being used than a another hero who isn’t really original

I think the only comics characters Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. had that would be useful to the MCU are Talbot and Creel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,598 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

I'm pretty sure the movies or the events were referenced in AOS

Advertisement