Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE 1: 'Today' with Claire Byrne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,012 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

She did but then maybe she was also after over indulging in the Prosecco in 'preparation' for her D4 food slot this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Butson

The Clare Byrne show shedding listeners.

Who would have thought talking about Covid for 90% of the show each day would sit well with listeners.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,977 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Absolutely chaos outside UCD, reports and Photos started flooding in at 7.30am. Absolute farce and yet Michael Martin still claiming poor show up at centre's.

Some photos over on the live line Thread.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Lol Book an appointment, you couldn't make it up 🙄

Neutralise the Omicron varient 🤔 seems like an overly confident assertion from Pfizer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,398 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

The ‘Attack Dog’ Leninhan was out there feeding those in the queue the negative passes.

The usual attitude……like Croke Park with the Dubs playing, stay in the boozers till the last minute and then expect to walk in no bother.

I’m not saying it’s an analogy, not saying the planning was perfect, but more than expected turned up-it happens.

Lenihan was fizzing at the bunghole trying to generate as much ‘anger’ and shade as he could from the queue.

Fair play to the lad Vincent Cleary to yoghurt factory owner.

More of his kind of positive attitude needed than that of these new bunches of stults who ‘oppose’ everything and take to the placards at every opportunity, aided and abetted by certain branches of the media.

Unfortunately it's happening at other centre's, the situation is chaotic generally.

Just as an example, I got my booster last sat at GP surgery (immune compromised), I've never been registered with HSE, got my initial vacancies at GP also and yet, I've received notifications about appointments, tried to cancel, tried to contact HSE and just gave up.

I'm certainly not alone, one Trainee GP on the hard shoulder last night got 9, yes 9 texts despite already being boosted.

I accept what happened this morning can occur but for Michael Martin to stand up in the Dail and claim over 90k just didn't bother to turn up was disgraceful, asked to clarify the next day, he refused to admit he was wrong, despite the HSE actually admitting there's an issue with their booking and notification system.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

A rocking horse has more brains than Mehole Martin!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

If Scare didn't have COVID, what would she talk about? What a godawful show this is.

Hilarious, another Leak , yet to be confirmed, they can't blame NPHET this time around. I'm completely baffled about this U Turn on EWSS , Pascal & Co seem to think this will help the hospitality sector, there's a number slight issues with that absurd notion.

Only a few days ago Leo clearly stated few employers in this sector ever availed of this scheme and dare I say he's completely correct . Employees were essentially dropped like bad habits, forced to fend for themselves on PUP or Jobseekers payments.

The EWSS is utterly useless to hospitality & night time economy employees as they'll simply be forced onto the new PUP (With lots of strings attached) and it's equally useless to self employed people who ,if reports are correct are getting declined for the new PUP.

The €100 credit towards electricity bills is welcome but have to wonder about the sense of giving it to every household, I suspect there'll be backlash on this idea.

Surely the state has access to those on lowest incomes, especially SW data, it seems extraordinary they can't target this payment more appropriately.

Makes my blood boil when Government boast about the fuel allowance increase, it means absolutely nothing to those on benefits that make them ineligible for fuel allowance (and there are as many not entitled as those entitled)

Dee, as an aside, your blood seems to “boil” very easily these days. Settle down a bit and r e l a x.

Do you really think that those who you think should get the lekkie handout and those you think should not get it ,can be easily segregated and parceled up before Xmas and ready for the New Year first bill.

Are you oxygen deprived up on that mountain or something ………….

Not a f****ing chance my friend and I’ll let you into a secret, I was passing through a certain area of our capital city which might be classed as deprived, yesterday.

It was festooned with lights, bulbs, sleighs, on roofs, windows, moving reindeer, whole house fronts a mass of bulbs………

Didnt look to this poster like a place that might struggle with the lekkie bills.

Not saying that they don’t, but tell ya this, my friend, a lot of energy being burned…..just sayin …😎

I've actually no idea what your trying to say at all, I see Katie Hannon still upsetting you.

As for air, it's actually a beautiful crisp and sunny morning up here in the Slieve Bloom mountains and lots of fresh air 😏

Astonishing you determine the rights and wrongs of a gov decision on Christmas lighting in what you describe as deprived areas of the City. I've simply pointed out, Gov have the data on low income households regardless of whether or not they dare to have Christmas lighting .

• Registered Users Posts: 68,625 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Vote buying hasn't gone out of fashion. See the latest polls.

Hey there, indeed, if I were cynical (and I with this hapless government) you'd think they had the poll numbers yesterday 🤣🤣🤣

I of course don’t determine the rights and wrongs of a Gov. decision, on Xmas lighting, that’s your inference and it wrong.

I would respectfully suggest that to set this all up, advise the service provider, have them adjust their billing for millions of customers, handle the undoubted fallout and outlying issues that would undoubtedly occur, and have all this ready for the first bill in 2022 and all for the sake of €100.00.!! a pop.

One would have to ,with all due respects suggest that that ‘plan’ the ‘timing window’ the work and resources involved would be absolute madness.

Complete headbanger territory, to be completely honest.

• Advertisement

Headbanger territory is your general distain for the slightest critism of gov policy. As I clearly said, I welcome the gesture but you've not even noticed that, it is utterly Ludicrous to suggest this payment could not be targeted towards those who actually need it.

You, my friend brought up the Christmas lights 😏

I have put down in black and a white background why it would be madness to try to target a section of consumers “who actually need it” in any timeframe , but certainly not given the timeframe and time of year we have now.

If you forgive me for saying you seem to have a very poor perception of how to handle crowds.

Look at the gig economy, they can handle total cancellations, but look at the panic when they had to sort out 50% !!!!

Try and, instead of using everything to denigrate the govt. and it’s plans, to for once be pragmatic and calm yourself down.

There is no sense whatsoever from your posts on this issue…………get a bit real, my friend.

And are digging a rather large hole in the process

Only one with the shovel in the hand is those who suggest what your posts seem to imply.

Breaking News , Chirpy Luke O Neill has Covid, I can sense the excitement in Scare Byrne voice, he's also been boosted, the conspiracy theorists will have a field day 🙄

Bizzare, which is it , Boost after getting covid or Not 🤔

Scare telling Luke he’s “so brave” to come on the radio.he’s not fecking dying he sounded the same.there not letting this fear mongering go

Scare won't be happy until schools close , it would make her extended Christmas break a little easier to plan so to speak 😁

Lol , Jack Chambers 'The coalition is working well ' 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Shelga

Why is Andrew Bridgen such a regular on this show?! They invite him on for controversy and to drum up ratings, surely. He and Claire are the two extremes- he’s saying do absolutely nothing about Omicron, Claire is saying it’s time to crack each other’s heads open and feast on the goo inside.

God forbid we have a balanced, proportionate response to this new variant- seems to me we don’t know enough either way yet. Bridgen keeps parroting “no one has died in South Africa from this variant yet”- at one point, no one in Italy had died from covid either. On the other hand, I refuse to give in to any more of the fear that Covid FM aka RTÉ Radio 1 wants me to feel every minute of the day.

Advertisement