Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Covid-19 measures are permanent, don't be a boiling frog!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

• Registered Users Posts: 10,445 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Jesus buddy you need to calm down.

Think your getting a bit personal there.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,048 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

It has little to do with "measures". It has to do with human nature. We have become very used to distance and precautions now and even when the Virus becomes endemic, it will take years for people to drift back to what we knew as normal before. For example, don't expect to ever queue at a Bar again for donkeys years.

Ask your Grandparents, if they're old enough, about the TB epidemic in Ireland in the 40s and 50s. All sorts of stringent measures around schools and gatherings and hygiene had to be imposed and they still ended up having to build sanitariums (sanitaria?) to isolate the contagious.

The vaccine will be around forever. Modern Influenza has been a seasonal feature since it first migrated out of the Tropics nearly 200 years ago. The vaccine is updated every year but it has never been eradicated. Neither will Covid be. You'll probably just get a single dose booster for both diseases every Autumn and life will carry on. All thanks to science.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,665 ✭✭✭storker

Indeed. They seem to get their "shts and giggles" by refusing to elaborate conspiracies that they know for sure are happening. 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Shilock

Exactly, you hit the nail on the head there 👍

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Why are you dodging the question?

The fact you and you conspiracy theory pals keep dodging and avoiding questions like this is one of the reasons you're not taken seriously.

I believe you are dodging the question either because your answer is "there is no ulterior motive" which means you have no point, or because your answer will reveal that you believe in some elaborate and silly conspiracy along the lines of a global communist take over and you don't want to reveal this so you can pretend to be making a reasonable argument.

You've been asked this question 5 times now, you still have not addressed it.

Please address it directly and clearly now:

What is the real reason for making vaccines permanent?

That's going to confuse them altogether lol

They'll need to do an arts degree and possibly philosophy too to understand what you presented...

They'll only tell you that you're dodging the questions again and say that's why you're not being taken seriously along with more pointless waffling.

They'll also plead with you to answer it the way they want you to, which is a very narcissistic trait. They call it crazy making, but they're the crazy ones.

Keep asking them difficult question and they'll keep coming back with the same response...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,544 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

The difficult questions seem to be "what's the conspiracy and why" not a single one of you has answered these questions and will twist yourselves in knots to avoid answering them, whys that?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,966 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

It's an evasion technique. When "new" posters to these forums start these shenanigans straight off the bat it's a big obvious red flag.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Less than 400 posts for this topic to get a 2nd thread. It’s a little embarrassing for the CT’ist community that in 9600+ posts, not one can say what the conspiracy is. It can’t be that difficult to provide information when it’s something that they believe.

• Advertisement

But Timber I'm not a conspiracy theorist.

I've no theory that there's a conspiracy, but I can see how people can see a scenario and could suggest that there's an alterior motive going on. We're not all NPC's

Anyone is entitled to come in off the bat and join the party.

"can see a scenario and could suggest that there's an alterior motive going on. "

But they find it impossible to put into words? No one has been able to explain this "ulterior motive" do you care to have a crack at explaining it?

If you present something I'll have a crack at it.

I'm not the one presenting any ulterior motives,

But if you read the op there's a few in there, we've also had 5G towers will activate the nano bots in the vaccine, it's a satanic plot, its gonna "control us" somehow, Bill Gates is trying to kill us all, Masks will be used forever bit they also want "facial recognition"???? The "elites" want us all valued for some unknown nefarious reason and my favourite.... the vaccine will make you magnetic for some reason.

Indeed, so they do, and it turns into a circus. Which feeds into what many people think conspiracy forums are.

That's all conspiracy, I had a look at a telegram group and if I was to believe it I'd be building a hideout somewhere and preparing myself for living off the grid and end up looking like a wild man.

There's a lot of people who are wired differently and I think I mentioned before that people can be prone to pareidolia. It's not personal it's just they see things differently.

They can function well in society and come from all backgrounds, but there's that glitch that happened or chemical imbalance that they are unaware of. I know professor's who believe in all kinds of mad stuff, but they keep that out of the lecture theatre.

I know you don't like me bringing up the fact that I know this person and that person but it's just an example and it's how I process things through observing people.

Sure I know a nurse who believes that there's spirits all over her house and the dogs can see them. But she's a grea nurse and neighbour.

You don't believe in the conspirators, you're not worried about them either.

I suppose I'm empathic towards people who thinks differently and I'm not saying that don't like them or think they're crazy. I just try to figure out where the conspiracy comes from, why they concluded said conspiracy is true and try to talk about it rather than ridicule them or their mindset.

Sorry for the rant, and I'm aware I go off on tangents

"just try to figure out where the conspiracy comes from, why they concluded said conspiracy is true and try to talk about it "

Which is exactly what I and others do, the issue is when someone comes in and says something like "satanic cabals want us all vaccinated and want to make the world a communist mega state"

I/others ask who these people are and why are they doing this? What's the final outcome of this plan?

Cue accusations of being paid shills, being "sheep" who can't see "the big picture" etc

They will NEVER answer those questions, valid questions about a conspiracy that they themselves have claimed is happening.

So if someone makes a claim and then refuses to answer even the most basic questions about said conspiracy (and this happens with every one of them across the whole forum) then yes, it gets to a point where they just get laughed at.

Well they do turn into a free for all, it's probably easier to discuss something without using the words crazy, delusional and anything that judge's the poster rather than the post.

That's why I went off the rails in the discussion. I am dissapointed with my rants etc but I am willing to discuss anything without getting overwhelmed or triggered lol is that the word triggered 🤣

I suppose the conclusion is that people don't like being laughed at.

I know that's a blunt answer.

But maybe have a sub forum for them to discuss their conclusions amongst themselves without anyone interfering. They can have their own password and moderate it. They're not harming me that's for sure.

Then have a place like this for everyone.

• Advertisement

"I suppose the conclusion is that people don't like being laughed at."

If someone post something along the lines of "Bill Gates wants us all vaccinated so the 5G towers can activate the nanobots and turn us all into slaves" then they deserve to laughed at.

"But maybe have a sub forum for them to discuss their conclusions"

There's already a forum, it's this place, what you're saying is they should create a safe space where they can air thier views without being challenged?

Sure, let's set one up for the neo Nazis/white supremacists too so they can air thier views without being challenged, how about flat earthers? Holocaust denial advocates? People who hate travelers? Let them all have thier own little safe space where they can spout hatred and lies without challenge.

Post edited by Timberrrrrrrr on

I don't think the people who you are debating here are spouting hatred.

They're not as bad as the people you mentioned in the last paragraph.

Although there's a section of society that would probably be happy with all the unvaccinated sent to camps or even gas chambers. In a few countries people are equating some of the covid measures equivalent to how it all started with the Jews in Germany.

Do you yourself think these present measures are temporary ?

No in here this thread it's just lies that get spouted, and then they cry when they get called out on thier lies.

Yes I think the measures are temporary, see how easy it 8s to answer a question? Why is it so hard for the conspiracy theorists to do the same and give a straight answer to questions?

Discussion seems to have completely devolved now. From conspiracies being hinted at, to people who don't believe any conspiracies but want to pick an argument.

It's easy to give a straight answer when there's an easy question asked, that's true.

I don't think people are crying when they're called out, I just think they're annoyed by the way they are being called out.

There's different ways to call people out, sometimes an old school "for f sake will you snap out of it and cop yourself on" will work for some and for others it's like a red rag to a bull.

I myself find it hard discussing social justice with leftists and social justice warriors, because they're emotional and shout you down.

Or if I'm discussing something with a far right extremist or old school skinhead they'll get very hateful and the neanderthal and knuckle dragging comes out.

Fyi, people making such contrasts are utter morons. The Auschwitz memorial has literally said as much.

Also let's be completely realistic, you only entered this discussion to be an idiot and to troll. Your choice of alt right lingo such as "soya boy" and "npc" is not lost on us and you're a fine example of the intellectual decline that Auschwitz references.

That's been dealt with by the moderator's. So you can take your accusations up with the moderator's and they'll see fit as to where the discussion stands.

Who's the us you're referring to ?

I think the charter say's something about not dropping links to make points.

Your call mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Yup. Just trolling for trollings sake.

The actual theorists have long since given up on this thread.

Now it's just the fly by reregs and pointless trolling.

The thing is I'm not link dumping, I'm referencing Auschwitz in relation to your very point. I also emphasised that you're making a false equivalence between concentration camps and COVID regulations. It's pretty reprehensible and it's pretty fair to say that the likes of Auschwitz have more intellectual expertise on the Holocaust than the likes of Mattie McGrath and other tossers trying to make a name for themselves.

"Us" refers to anyone with an ounce of common sense.

• Advertisement

"It's easy to give a straight answer when there's an easy question asked, that's true."

If someone comes into a thread and makes a statement of fact then surely they have already thought about this right?

If someone says XYZ will be permanent and I ask why then surely they should be able to answer that instead of avoiding or deflecting for a year as some on here have done?

At what stage of avoidance and deflection is it OK to just say naaahhhhh you're a gobshìte and talking absolute bollix?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement