Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭Expunge

Yes, had they held their nerve, this probably would have gone away so close to Christmas.

But for their dickless media advice. Imagine being bullied by this fool.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭NeinNeinNein

Dolls cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Denny61

This is pathetic radio

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Fair play to the young lad in fairness, dont know what the problem seems to be with him here?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Greasy Tool

Bit o misery to finish off . TYFYS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭crazy 88

I bet they're secretly disappointed. Have to find something else to moan about for the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 11,229 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Wonder would any teen dare to write an objective review of de Lahvline? And how far would they get.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,586 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Take on board the nuances of this, Joe.

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• I got on simply because I was going to sound “sensational” by saying that I was randy as hell in spite of menopause, a caller to “balance” the stories of menopausal woes and suffering, where Joe seemed to want every woman in the country to be given any amount of cancer & clot-hazard HRT for the rest of her days. Joe would certainly not have influenced medical prescribing guidelines. Before going on I was actually asked by the researched had I vaginal dryness during sex! They will go to any lengths to draw out a “suffering” angle, and I can guess Fungus has them all well tutored to “get at least one negative angle, researchers! Nobody has a perfect life, it doesn’t make for good radio, people do not want happy stories, we won’t get the advertising unless we get a human angle”.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users Posts: 26,982 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Happy elfing Christmas Joe

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Advertisement

Post edited by Dempo1 on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,780 ✭✭✭leath_dub

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

It was terrible today and then it got worse Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭hawley

This has got to be one of the most pathetic things I've ever seen in my life. They're dolls for children, make belief that they're looking after young babies themselves.

Looks like a Mongolian doll, excellent diversity so to speak 😁

• “Potential” advertising, if show had more of a solutions-based agenda.

Actually another host might drive more of a solutions-based agenda. We know that there are not simple answers to everything, and these items warrant opinions and discussion. And there are many things genuinely worth highlighting to put pressure on organisations. But there are some things that have more obvious remedies, which the show should offer to resolve quickly by contacting experts, then the host could re-iterate periodically what the solution was found to be just to remind the audience.

This would be helpful. It would attract more listeners who want to hear about how things get resolved, and this would attract more advertisers. How Dee Forbes can’t cop on and take action I cannot understand, except that there is a very stubborn host with a massively inflated ego at stake.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,144 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

The objectors should have been told to go spit.

These dolls are meant to help kids of today understand a bit more themselves and their mates who might be adopted. They have nothing to do with mother and baby homes of many decades past, the children of which are in late adult life already.

Back in the day, if someone was said to be 'fond of the drink', it meant they were a cirrhosis ridden dipsomaniac who beat the wife and kids to a pulp on a nightly basis. Does that mean all off licences should close immediately?

And in the old days, amputations used to be performed by part-time barbers who took out the old bone saw and didn't so much as wash their hands. Should be take all toy doctor's kits off the shelf because of the suffering of patients in 1750?

Load of old reactionary bullshyt as per usual.

• Does it now mean that never again should a doll of any kind be sold if it represents an adopted child? Has adoption itself been totally cancelled?

• I don’t think people are too impressed with the doll cancellation.

We could have legions of Traumatised , enraged, Barbie Doll owners, Young, Old & Disturbed calling da live line on Monday (Hopefully 😁)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,076 ✭✭✭Jeff2

I don't see it on my main HDD records but the date on there could be of a few days. I know I recorded it so will check drives and SD cards.

That's quite a reaction but honestly it was an utterly absurd story and bizarre nonsensical hysterical outrage over nothing

• Liveline on Moday:

“Barbara on line 1, your point please!”

”Joe, I was born in a mother & baby home. Though I couldn’t remember the exact trauma it was all brought back to me when my grand-child came to my house with her new Barbie Doll. It was like I was traumatised all over again”.

”What colour was the doll wearing, cawler?”

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Yeah, I don't think we have heard de end of DollGate.

Is it too early to call for the ban to all adoptions Joe?

• In truth I do have as many reservations about modern, foreign adoptions, as with the ones engineered in days of old by the Catholic Church. Of course this does not apply universally, but I think there is a share of some quite dodgy adoptions, but of course most of these children are very much loved by their new parents. I’m wondering will Joe explore this avenue of enquiry as to the legitimacy of certain overseas procurements of children for adoption, or would this be too sophisticated a task and too sensitive a subject for Liveline?

One case comes to mind that featured on the show, but that nothing came if it. A single man was adopting a baby from Russia. I can’t recall the details, but I think he was complaining about not getting the baby he was entitled to and was being u fairly detained in Russia due to Covid quarantine, or something like this. There was no apparent response one way or the other to the call.

• Baby Doll Joe

€400.00 + postage & packing

Surprise your children on Christmas morning with this beautiful lifelike baby doll, which makes realistic burping, gurgling, and farting noises, especially if you bring a microphone near him. Wets himself at mention of death or suffering, advised to keep on absorbent material or wearing nappy which can be ordered with a range of accessories including:

• Headset
    • Microphone
    • Waistcoat & Cravat
    • Eye Pad
    • Continence Pad
    • Set of mini foyre engines
    • Subscription of Undertakers Monthly

Hurry, time is running out! Order now in time for Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

condensending tone/sneer to waiting staff an optional extra.

• Advertisement

That looks Revolting, speaking from a culinary perspective, so to speak 😁 albeit Sammy Sausages might appreciate the presentation.

Advertisement